The Valkyrie is ready for the fight!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Ghlain, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Ghlain

With the latest update the Valkyrie feels much faster and has 2 extra seats! It feels well polished and the controls feel solid. Just need to fix the alpha channel placement for the decals and its good to go live.
  2. AbsinthSvK

Somebody try 4x engineer with top repair kit? Its killable?
  3. BurntDevil

The controls dont feel solid at all. All that extra speed and no increase in brakes to make it useful.
    • Up x 3
  4. Rovertoo

Did they increase it's health?
  5. jiggu

It could use a reverse mode with a bus "beep beep beep" to it. But overall it feels a lot more solid now. I'm still a bit concerned over its survivability, but we'll see on live.
  6. Elrobochanco

My only real lingering complaint is it's impossible to stop/land where you want. There is no such thing a a landing with finesse. The best you get is to angle up and vertical thrust to try and slow down, but due to the locked third person camera you can't keep tabs on the spot you meant to stop at.
  7. BarxBaron

I have not tested it yet. DLing new Test patch now so I can check it out.

Either way I agree with Elrobochanco............if it does have issues with its brakes/stopping it needs to be fixed.

This thing should have stability that makes a magrider jealous, especially since it has rumble seats.
    I think that may be what's missing. They have the thrust right imo but it has needed a bit more stable and precise due to it's role. It's gotta land, clear an area with its front gun, and have its dropped folks run for cover...that takes a stable frame imo as well as speed.

If it had this I don't think it'd need a huge hp buff....just a fix to its small arms resistance and maybe a small health buff.

I'm a lib pilot that hasn't played in months....just started again a few days ago cuz' of the valk. I wanna see it succeed in its role (altho the role itself isn't really fully defined either).
  8. ucanobua

tested again.. and ofcouse new updates are really nice than before

-a little faster
    -4 rumble seats
    -sound-grapic fixes
    -sounds fixes
    -higher fuselage

these are came with new update but...

- it is still really weak against to AA/MAX for example; we tried with 4 players; 2 heavy and 2 enginner againts with composite armor/fire suppres/high velocity ability to other different aircrafts...

• - dalton - vital damage
    • - zepher - vital damage
    • - AA/MAX - vital damage
    • - ESF - medium damage
    • - ESF 2 - medium / high damage
    • - Tanks - vital damage
    • - Heavy Assault Missiles /
    • * 1 hit %25 direct hit with composite armor valkyrie
    • * 2 hit %65 direct hit with composite armor ""
    • * TR - (5missiles laucher) %75 direct hit with composite - we are still flying but almost fire will start in the galley
    • * MAX Missiles - medium /high damage (depends on distance between us)
    anyway its going like that... i try to say with this speed still weak and very nice FARM XP BALL for enemy.. because not 1-2-3 or 4 almost six 6 pax and 4 of them completly defenceless against to any type of damage.

with some new updates Valkyrie will be perfect..
    1. - need more speed maybe %5 faster than now
    2. - need more composite armor capability with hardiness
    3. - maybe a kind of shield for rumble seat like "sundy defense shield"
    and we have still some bug, problems "need updates".
    • - first Valkyrie has landing issues (problem is about "press s" reverse trust still not working properly)
    • - colorful glasses have render problems directly (some of them completly invis)
    • - decal/logo still not working
    • - landing pad / radio altimeter is not working correctly ( adaptive reaction feet is non-detectable, reacting too much late
    * vertical landing speed is very high "generally makes touchandgo (this problem is about landing reaction speed like i said. after the touch on ground aircraft isn't stopping and try to moving with same speed) this is bad because with this friction unpredictable damages are happening.
    * vertical descent speed with "c" still very weak.

like this for now.
    • Up x 3
  9. BarxBaron

I love the v-thrust mechanic they were going for on this thing (super fast). I like the new forward speed as well.

I think we are good on speed.

I have issues landing, however. Due to Auraxis' buttery-like surface that makes even treaded vehicles slide like they are on banana peels, this is taken to even futher ridiculous heights when trying to do a "hot" landing with the valk lol.
    YOU.WILL.SLIDE.

Everywhere ;p

Also we need a rumble shield of some sort to protect the passengers. If they ever put something like this in make it pilot activated IMO.
  10. UnDeaD_CyBorG

It feels a lot better now.
    I'm personally digging hover frame.
    Survivability was good, too, especially in contact with terrain.
    Flak shield for Passangers will be a necessity, hell, just give them a multiplicative 35% explosive resist.

Regarding armour:
    I was able to kill my comp. armour valk with two direct hits from a dumb fire, the armour had no effect at all.
    I'd prefer that to be fixed, what else is it good for?
    Also, I'd recommend the base Valk get 1% more resistance to HMGs, as currently the Wyvern can oneclip it without upgrades.
    I think the gunners should have to put just a little bit more effort in.
  11. Xebov

I dont think that it is ready for anything. The speed is still a big issue. After the latest Patch you can fly faster and accelerate faster, but the brakes are a joke. Its easier to get a Galaxy from full speed to 0 then the Valkyrie. They realy need to improve the brakes so you can get between moving and still faster.

The weapons are also an issue. Overall they have low DPS, small Mags and the CoF is extremely high compared to other air weapons, resulting in a shorter range for attacking something.

Also an issue is the fact that you can squad spawn into the Valkyrie, but you cant jump out because the Ejection System needs to be equipped. On a Vehicle meant for transport it should be build in like in the Galaxy.
  12. Xebov

What i forgot to mention:

The Valkyrie is meant to be some sort of helicopter, but is completely unable to hover in an area.
    • Up x 1
  13. Ronin Oni

I would hope they'd cap repair rate for internal repairs to 1 active engineer so it can't repair any faster no matter engie count
  14. Ronin Oni

Brakes are a joke?!?!????

You're "braking" wrong. Flip bottom of vehicle in direction of current movement. Apply VThrust. Instantly stop.

Wyvern and Spinup chew through air

Ejection seat is an option if you want to have high altitude drops, but given that it can stop on a dime with proper use, I personally won't be running it.
  15. Xebov

Being able to use a trick to stop movement is no excuse for bad brakes.

Both weapons have slow projectiles and a high CoF, giving them a very short range. Also both weapons have small mags/low DPS compared to noseguns used in other air. If you take default noseguns for ESF/Lib vs the Wyvern for example, the Wyvern has higehr CoF, slower projectile speed, smaller mags, less spare ammo, and less dps. For the Hellion you get the same picture, insane CoF, low dmg per round. If you want to fight you are betetr off with the existing air, they get the job done faster.

Its still a problem in the concept. Either the Valkyrie is a transport vehicle for spawn in and jump out or it is not. Currently its something odd inbetween wich makes no sense.
  16. NCDaniel

I was flyng around in the test server just spamming the horn for a good hour. I am ready.
    • Up x 5
  17. Jeralamo

Good vs Bad
    Goods:
    • More speed is good
    • Like that the weapon have really specific roles.
    • more seats!
    Bads
    • No breaks! I cant stop the thing when i need to.
    • Landing is more difficult.
    • When your landed the aircraft doesnt settle into position it sits crooked a lot of times
    • The V-thrust also pushing you forward is not good please fix this.
    • The hover stability seems useless compared to the racer one. I think the hover frame speed should be 200 and the racer a bit more. Maybe Hover can have fast acceleration and racer higher top speed.
    • Still feels too squishy for its size. ESFs will dominate this thing too hard
    • No other utilities. Wheres its afterburners. Its meant for tactical/fast insertions and yeah it can get troops into a position its just going to be a suicide mission for the pilot.
    • Cloak needs to happen everyone wants this...cmon, kevmo plz
    • The rotating wings on the sides seem to have 2 thruster on the top and bottum for yaw control but it looks like theres a center thruster that doesnt do anything.
    • If the weapons have one role they need to be a little stronger.
    • Maxes need to be able to get rides but not be able to shoot. Currently when a base flips MAXs usually get left behind and have to redeploy and if not then they have to ride in the slow Gal or Sundy or maybe theres a bunch or friendly harasser. One more vehicle that can carry MAXs to the next base would great.
    • Lock-on spam takes to the air. still geting lock from the ground warning when valkyrie HAs lock-on.
  18. commandoFi

Even using v-thrust against movement the Valkyrie stops really slow. It also seems to land its self better when you aren't in it, but that could be user error.
  19. BurntDevil

The v-thrust moving you forward is very annoying. It really hampers you in closed in area's. On top of that, it makes the evasion frame, which was previously the better airframe, annoying to use given the higher speed and v-thrust. Couple that with the sliding and the lack of brakes and the odd behavior of holding "C" causing you to actually lift off makes landing a huge pain in the ***.

This nullifies the purpose of the craft. Sure, the speed is good for making a wannabe gunship but its not even equipped to do that. Please dont release this aircraft in this manner.
  20. DatVanuMan

Simply add a heavy MG for NC, rapid firing mini-gun for TR, and lasers for the VS to be used via the side doors, and I WILL DEFINITELY invest in this baby!:D