State of PS2 8/25

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by d_carey, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Schwak

Forget the updates, anything that improves the consistency of hit reg is a win. Tired of unloading a clip into a guy 20m away to have only hit 5 bullets.
    • Up x 1
  2. shd

I haven't played since march and wanted to give it a go since i got a new rig.

But reading this thread, the game is actually in a worse state now ?

EDIT: i see you killed Woodman, well there's half my enthusiasm out the window
  3. NC supporter

Directive points really don't matter considering they don't grant people certs or exp. directly. The Directive exclusive weapons and camos also aren't that game changing either so I don't think people should sweat about it.
  4. NCDaniel

All I want are fixed scopes.
  5. SwedishLlama

All of my needs and wants
    • Up x 1
  6. TheKhopesh

I don't play much on servers other than Connery, so all I can say is that I am glad to see that others who enjoy this game are getting some "quality of gameplay" improvements.

Cool.
    Not much else to say here.
    Tell the team thanks for working hard, even with the recent attack(s?) on the servers!

So this was unintentional? :(
    Oh well, thanks for leaving it up for a while, it was quite amazing to see (Even if I did have a good 90% of everthing that was in the daily/membership sales during this time).

I think I speak for all of us when I say:
    In the future, could the dev team please make a tracker for each of the new stat/info. features and/or functions that come out?

(What I mean by this is, if something is made like the Directives, could you please go to the extra trouble and effort to create a backup for the effort we will be putting into these is recorded or retrievable, even if there is some sort of error that resets or fails to add the value in a given period?
    I realize that they cannot burn too much time on this, but just a general redundancy that adds an extra level of protection should any of this information be lost or fail to be recorded by the main software.)

Awesome!
    Yes, serverside issues and hit detection have been a MAJOR issue (for most if not all who play PS2) as of late.
    I'm glad to see that this will become a primary focus after the nearly completed upcoming projects are finished.

Alright then.
    Thank you for keeping us informed, and please thank the rest of the PS2 team for us!
  7. Zhakathoom

What exactly is wrong with the scopes?

I for one am quite fond of the detachable ones... :p

No, seriously..

- Z
  8. ThePropain

Just curious, is Connery the lucky server with the least problems? I play there and I haven't really noticed or remember any hit detection issues. It could just simply be me not noticing, but yeah.
    I've noticed that pretty much all the people complaining about hit detection are from Emerald, and meanwhile you have login issues with all the EU servers.
  9. TheKhopesh

Main things I want to see are:
    -Better hit detection.
    -The scope accuracy fixed. (proper reflex sights?)
    -At least the proper 4x crosshair sight on the Directive AR's (But preferably the same interchangeable optics on Directive weapons as on their standard counterparts).
    -Proper attachments for the Directive AR's.*

*The Directive Assault Rifles have ordinary, run-of-the-mill attachments.
    The other main directive weapons (carbine, LMG, shotgun, pistol, etc.) got specialty attachments or combination attachments that otherwise are never seen on said weapon type. For Carbines it was two rail attachments at the same time, for the LMG it was a unique compensator, and so on and so forth).
    But the AR's did not.

Not only that, but the so-called "High Velocity Ammo" gives everything bad that HVA gives, but without adding velocity! :mad:
    Couple that with it getting what is universally considered to be the worst optic in the game (which cannot under any circumstance be removed or changed!) and it's being too low a magnification for the range it's intended for.

Lastly, adding HVA was a bad choice for the NC's AR.
    (TL;DR on the faction AR differences- Give the VS/TR AR's properly functioning High Velocity Ammo for the extra velocity and extra minimum damage distance, and the NC's AR the Advanced Forward Grip for the additional ADS stability. This will even their performance out at range.)

It already lacks, is the ability to hit as regularly at range.
    It has the highest damage at range, and the highest velocity, but it's accuracy is downright terrible, as the HVA gives it 17.5% more size-to-side recoil than the Gauss Saw, if the Saw only had the regular grip rather than the advanced grip!

Quite frankly, it doesn't need HVA.
    To keep up with the other AR's, extra stability isn't just preferable, it's required.
    For the Gauss Prime, the advanced grip in lieu of HVA would set all the AR's on even ground at range.
    • Up x 1
  10. Grayson

I like how everyone is crying about directives....it"s just dam achievements,doesn't matter.....(they should just remove it and put it in when the game have some actual content or objectives..and not just trigger an alert for exp...)
    But oh, well...at least i can play the game now...hopefully.
  11. CaptAmazing

I think he wrote a pretty reasonable and kind response to the Dev showing, that he is disappointed with the progress lost. No idea why so many here start to White Knight for SOE, when in the next moment there will be outrage of the community if all the bug fixes posted here create new problems.

What he and you see as wasted time is subjective. What if SOE would rank your character down to lets say level 5 and you lose all your progress, all you certs. And if you complain on the forum, people will post - "If you play for the BRs and Certs you shouldn't play at all".
    • Up x 2
  12. Gribbstar

You are absolutely right, I should move on and it is what I'm doing. My posts here are simply to let SOE know they have lost a customer and the reasons for that happening. When you cancel a premium membership it doesn't ask you why, which I find unusual as on the very rare occasion that I lose a customer that reason is extremely important to me.

I care not how many of you think I over-react. My reaction is over emphasised to prove a point.
    • Up x 1
  13. WHIPLASH

Hahaha, I totally forgot about that. I lost all my camo for a week because of that "multi camo" bullhit update. Sure, I got that nice Dark Aspen camo as compensation for losing my stuff but the fact that the feature is not in the game at this point is laughable.
  14. S3R4PHiM

you have got to be kidding me... a good week of progress totally lost?
    if Id sum up the directive wipes I would have completed it on my infiltrator by now
    and now i have to do 3/5 all over again... wau...
    • Up x 1
  15. AbsinthSvK

you forgot directives are not primary goal and its new and free, people hated when they loose it but deal with it, its your problem when waste your time for that.
    • Up x 1
  16. Loeffel

• Oh really?!
    • What about stop using the same server for a greater amount of people!?!?! Simply buy new equip! So many people pay for this game and you guys don't even get it playable...
    • No one wants your silly valkrie cause its weak, slow, ugly and doesn't fits anywhere. Focus on higher problems!!! Like fixing the last patch and the rediculous merges
    • Oh wow... you threats ous like **** and we get 15% more discount?!?!
    • What about not patching unfinished stuff?!
    • You guys noticed it yeah?! I thought you don't play your own game...
    • First patch all the nasty bugs before patching new content!!!!
    Congratz SOE!!! Even little indi dev's like SpaceEngineers do much better then you and they have not your amount of money... Probably you should ask them if they will help you.
    PS2 is dead. Its just a big buggy, laggy, incomplet, zerg farmingsimulation!!! If you don't pay real devs(not those who reported a bug once) and change your way of thinking - this game will never recover and one of the greatest games ever will remain dead.

Regrads Loeffel
  17. S3R4PHiM

waste of time is when you do something for nothing, I set my self a goal to complete and was close to it, until the multiple wipes...
    yeah I guess it is my problem since I lost ****loads of infiltrator and SMG kills, but it wasn't my fault that the wipes occurred

for me, you are a waste of time, since you seem to lack the understanding, that every one sets their own goals and plays the game for their reasons, and has every right to be disappointed when a good week of work towards that goal gets simply erased
    so go troll some one else with what is primary and what is waste of time
    • Up x 2
  18. AbsinthSvK

Still is best free fps mmo :D. Haters gonna hate...
    PS: i try others free games and its about pay to win or unrealistic jumping;)

You are new in game? Because i dont understand why you have rage. Every time when there is something new its problem. Just deal with it.
  19. JohnnyBftw

Its running like a charm thanks a lot for your hard work.
  20. S3R4PHiM

Well thanks Mr. Freud for your analyses, hate to bring it to you, but disappointment is not rage and your "Just deal with it" are real words of wisdom...
    Since I am entitled to share and express my opinion, in this case, where I am personally effected and into which I put so much effort, I am grateful that they tried to fix it, as I also explained in my ticket, but I am not happy with the solution that SoE came up with, basically its not even a solution since from the prior info I got the Lost Directives Data was supposed to be fixed today, now it states "It'll be going up in the August update".
    So as I explained and substantiated my point of view on this matter, go troll other people and share your wisdom with them, I have no need for it.
    • Up x 3