Loginside

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by PoxLUFC, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Bad News

I have tried to log in two times now on cobalt, first 5 min of loading and then CTD...
  2. GaiusJuliusCeasar

Got in on cobalt ealier, but had to go eat - and logout - but now nothing for an hour. Neither on Miller or cobalt. I still hate this damned silence from them, there should be a steady stream of reassurance that something is being done - which I am beginning to doubt.

@Westli:Emerald is a US server and they are not affected. This is an off shoot of the merge of European servers Cobalt/Ceres & Miller/Woodman apparently something about the bandwidth to some login server in the states (and for someone not into IT internals it is obvious that two servers need more bandwidth than four).

But one this is tragi-comical. I decide (not for the first time) that this is a Waste of time and try logging on to the test server to just Goof around a Little. A few minutes into that session I suddenly gets kicked out because........ drum rolll.... This account has logged in on another location (or something to that effect). This has happended twice, and indicates that the login process continiues even after the client times out, which is what I surmise happens when it just shuts Down from the login screen.

I agree with Foreman Joe, why merge in the first place, OK so it wasn't insanely crowded on Ceres all the time but it was OK (and now I have two Vanu chars on Ceres.) But I did read somewhere that it was because they needed the serverspace for Landmark.