anyone able to get 50-60 fps in large battles?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by abigdeal, Aug 18, 2014.

1. abigdeal

Thinking of upgrading to a 4790k and a gtx780ti, anyone got any systems than can get close to 60fps in large battles?

Lowest mine drops to atm is about 40-45 but craving 60
  2. user101

Don't be trolling -- you know no one get 50-60 in large battles.
    • Up x 7
  3. DashTech

880 rumoured to be launched in September, I'd hold off for that, but you still won't get good FPS...
  4. Wafflepancake

I used to be able t o get a solid 60+ frames in large battles at some very high graphic settings..

Now I'm lucky to just get 35+ after this latest august update with medium settings.
    I feel it's due to the whole no load screen change but I don't know the technical aspects of this.
  5. Ragnarrok

Anybody able to get any ping at all?
  6. SuperMedicated

GPUs are really already far away above what this game requires, CPUs are the bottleneck (and even then it isn't our fault, soe made a game that uses 2 threads and focuses on 1 while barely using the second)
    • Up x 1
  7. DashTech

Very true, but only relevant if you only play PS2. Most other games seem to do a great job of chomping down GPU power.
  8. abigdeal

Invested in:
    • CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K
    • CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i CPU Cooler
    • Motherboard: ASUS Gryphon Z97 Motherboard
    • Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX 780 Ti DirectCU II 3GB
    • Memory: Corsair Vengeance CML16GX3M2A1600C9 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3
    • Solid State Drive: Samsung 840 EVO Series 250GB SSD
    Can confirm with everything on high/ultra, shadows completely off. very rarely dipping below 60 fps in massive fights, do get the occasional to 45-50 if looking at a large base battle, x3 factions, big backdrop, front on from a distance. CPU utilization is low as hell, hopefully some better multi-threading in the future.. But yeah anyone looking to spend money on a new comp to run ps2 at the highest fps, bite the bullet and invest in a intel with high clock speeds not necessarily a i7, i very much doubt the gpu has any extra contribution to the fps.

PS. Is there a memory leak in this game?
    • Up x 1
  9. Aaren

Interesting...we have very similar stats, yet I'm not seeing the same sort of prefomance as you:

• CPU: Intel i7 4770k
    • Cooler: Noctuna NH-C12P SE14 (air)
    • Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.Sniper M5
    • Graphics: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780ti Direct CU II 3GB
    • Memory: Corsair 32GB Vengance 1600mhz DDR3
    • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO Series 120GB (but PS2 isn't on it, it's on my 1TB WD Caviar Black)
    Aside from the minor difference in single core prefomance between our processors - our specifications are very similar - yet I hit my FPS cap of 70 in the warpgate, and when running around vacant zones - but as soon as I get into any sort of skirmish it drops down to around 25-40fps. My CPU and GPU utilization are both low ~35% ~30% respectivley - and I'm not running at ultra:
    • 1600x900 windowed
    • 100% Render Quality
    • 34bit client for FOV fix
    • No Vsync
    • Overall Quality - Custom
    • Graphics Quality - High
    • Texture Quality - Ultra
    • Lighting Quality - Medium
    • Shadow Quality - Low
    • Fog Shadows - Disabled
    • Effects Quality - Low
    • Terrain Quality - Medium
    • Flora Quality - Low
    • Model Quality - Medium
    • Particles - High
    • AO - disabled
    Gives me the best framerate so far.
    Certainly a bit of a conundrum.[/quote]
  10. abigdeal

the turbo speed of 4.4 compared to 3.9 (i think) might be the differ, having said that i used to get 80-90 i think on my i7 4800 laptop (3.6 ghz turbo i think) with a gtx780m. Also try going back to 64bit (might have to force it on by renaming the .exe). I tried to go back to 32 but game runs a bit crappier

the higher single core speed the better with ps2
  11. Aaren

Can't use the 64-bit client - no FOV changer support.
  12. nehylen

In bigger battle i'm usually anywhere between 35 and 60fps, and fps counter says cpu-bound. 35fps are more likely to occur in the evening on Hossin, in places like the Chac plant (which seems very nasty to framerate).

I have:
    - i7 2600k @4.5Ghz with ~105Mhz fsb
    - 2x4Gb of DDR3 @ 977Mhz (=PC1954) at 10-10-10-26-1t
    - Radeon R9 290X

Playing with most settings at max (except particles at medium, no bloom), 1920x1080, no AA, 2500 render distance
    The cpu+MB are 2years old, but the overclocking easily makes it similar or superior to modern cpu
    Planning on going to 16Gb soon, which will help a little (noticed high memory usage from PS2 since merger).
    I see higher tier fps (anything between 60~120ish) in the morning, often GPU-bound. Even on a hex with 25-48 fighting 25-48, for instance.
  13. Aaren

Actually Forgelight has inherent AA as part of the post-processing stack - so even if you disable it in your GPU control panel - there's still always some.
  14. Jerox

Game used to run decently on ultra at 40-50 fps in big battles (sometimes dropping to 30 in biolab fights/cluster****s) and 60+ at small fights or nothing but now it's just way lower even when there's nothing happening on the screen.. and because of the memory leaks I get framedrops down to literally 0 fps which makes the game absolutely unplayable..
    Please hire some other studio to maintain this game already, because SOE doesn't seem to know how to do it.
  15. Kirppu1

16. Magicool

instead of fixing the performance which is definitly needed they higher the system requirements every now and then
  17. ZomboWTF

chuck norris can run this game at 120 fps in a zerg vs zerg fight, in a biolab
    • Up x 2
  18. Noppa

This is what i posted to other thread.. so yeah we can run 60fps on big fights ;)

put shadows off and particles low / med and you get a huge FPS boost, the person you are comparing you'r FPS isn't using shadows ;)

Also you'r GPU utilization is low most likely cos of the low resolution you have!
  19. Aaren

Here's the thing Noppa. As much as I appreciate your advice.

• I want particles on high so I can see spent brass. It's not my fault if the dev's tie a first person particle effect to the second highest setting.
    • I have a GTX 780ti and a 4770k. If I have to turn off a games shadows completely to get a playable framerate - there is something seriously wrong.
    • My GPU usage is low because I cap my framerate at 70. Beyond that - I should be able to increase my settings fidelity - and see an increase in usage. But I don't because the engine is unoptimized.
    Don't get me wrong - if I was concerned about my prefomance I would happily turn off everything it took to get the framerate I desire. However that is not the problem I have. The problem is insufficient performance, for the expensive hardware I invested in.
    • Up x 1
  20. Noppa

4770k doesn't matter in this game since this only use 4 threads like most of the games does, this game needs only 4 threads and a lot of clocks to the CPU so, as a gaming CPU i5 is most likely always better than i7!

Nvidia 780ti, well what can i say about that.. over priced **** that nobody needs :D

Al that matters to me that the game is playable and don't have too much crap in the screen that affects on the game experience..

You can get EVERY game works with good FPS,if the user decides to use over good game quality and gets bad FPS then the user can only blame him self(not the game engine or the company)... shadows and particles are 2 biggest FPS killers in this game and always are gonna be because of the massive battles this game has, i doubt they can ever optimize this game engine or any other game engine to those massive battles!

But yeah, it is good that you aren't concerned about performance and like i said there is already solution to you'r problem :)