Developer Thread: Valkyrie

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Aug 19, 2014.

1. AdmiralArcher

what they should have done, was got rid of spotting and they shouldnt have given the ESFs engement radar, they should have given the gals a radar dish, basically making them an AWACs, this would then increase targeting distance and would auto spot enemies.

the gal should also do ammo and repair...i also wish they had a plane that could transport vehicles......but these days there really isnt much point to it.......
  2. Bonom Denej

• Up x 4
  3. Azarga

Why rumble seat passengers don't fall from the Valkyrie when it rolls or turns to it's side? It's not like they are strapped in place or have any support but the floor under their butts.
    • Up x 3
  4. Bonom Denej

[IMG]
  5. sucoon

i got some ideas for the valk:
    - ingis can put munition pack into the valk. but what about a passiv certline to add an munition function for the rumble seats?
    - i would think an deployment shild like the sundere have would be nice for the valk, perhaps also an terminal to change class at an deployment mode.

the valk would be a nice vehicle for aur smaler 6 man groups. and it would be nice to have some support functions on the vehicle
  6. eldarfalcongravtank

EXCEPTIONALLY IMPORTANT QUESTION: will it have access to a horn? cuz i wanna play the jericho siren stuka-style when diving
  7. Bonom Denej

Fourth post above yours.
  8. Smoo

I did check it out on test. If the Pinata stops maneuvering, you can lock targets in VR. Targets who don't do anything inconvenient like move or fire back. And forget locking air targets who are firing back.

On Live? If it doesn't maneuver, the driver is going to amass a large collection of exploding tank shells very quickly. Heck, I could probably put Magrider rounds into the thing, let alone Vanguard AP rounds.

This vehicle has the potential to increase the value of IR smoke on ground vehicles, perhaps even beating out tank shield, afterburner, and lockdown. But not if people cannot get locks.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...alkyrie-also-suggestions.198338/#post-2886970
    ^ Constructive suggestions.
  9. Smoo

Vehicle mounted darklight option on the Infantry-specific nose gun?

The hills would be alive with the sound of dead cloakers... >_<
  10. Krokozor

Mister d_carey pease, it's just silly. Give Valkyrie hull mounted ammo pack. It will be pain in the arrs all time swaping with passengers to just give them some ammo.

Also it wil be nice if it have big darklight projector on nose. maybe not weapon mounted just big wide projector.
    [IMG]
  11. DFDelta

A suggestion to combine a few other suggestions that were mentioned in here:
    Make one rumble seat per side a weapon, as in make it an actual thing you select in your loadout that says "rumble seat". If this is selected the according rumble seats have people use their own weapons.
    Then add other options that add a small mounted gun that include a kobalt, the first gen MAX AV weapons (pounder, comet, falcon), and a repair gun with a larger (x5?) range.

That way we can select ourselves if we want a rumble seat or a mounted gun. (also I think pounders on a flying vessel would be hilarious)
  12. Candarian

i only saw videos and never played on the testserver
    but what i saw on the video i think

infrared for the pilot would be nice to find infantry for the gunner

and a shield instead of extra armor would be nice too(the damage reducing one that the class ha has)
    that way this thing could take extra damage for a short time but wouldnt be able to spawn camp because after the shield run out of energie its an easy target
    and the infantry in it would be a little bit better protected if somebody shoot at it with rockets(they would still take damage but survive because of the shield)

and a transport option would be nice too with reduced speed
    like a hook/rope that can lift unmanned tanks/flash/harassar or a max (maybe even a sunderer)
    droping high for this should be very low or somebody might drop a tank on enemy sunderer

a galaxy is a infantry high altitude drop-ship and the valkyrie would be a low altitude cargo/infantry transporter(higher risk and higher reward)
  13. Haquim

If I get the "real" orchestral version I'm willing to throw a thousand SC at SOE.
    The hitdetection and other issues have me on the verge of unsubscribing, but thats a gimmick I would pay for.
  14. Raiche

2 more seats would make it more use able to transport half a squad.

Personally i think the game is missing some ecm for air, Valkyrie could fit that role with having a scrambler on board that projects false radar/map signatures in X meters. Utility module that can be turned on for X seconds and cause confusion on the ground/air when you suddenly have tons of red dots on the map enabling you to drop your people somewhere and not having everyone know where they are instantly. (Perhaps also make the valkyrie invisible on the map for those precious few seconds so it could also be used as a short timed stealth mechanic for escaping).
    • Up x 1
  15. Krokozor

misted d_carey i was on test-server today. What the heck are you do to valkyre weight? it's not a helicopta right now its big flying peace of cast iron. with speedy frame it's stop from max speed to 0 in like 7-8 seconds, in hover frame on circles around target it gain such momentum that you only fly on max speed or not fly at all.
    still not side-stabilization for rumble seats. please try to lock-on on that crap wile pilot make any maneuver.

and weapons are still crap. pleace at least can you add "infantry support" weapons? current weapons just a toy, at least we want be somwhat userful. it will be fun to see big medical applicator that can heal from 40-50 meters or repair tool or some other non-compat options. i dont think someone really want 1/2 of lolpods or 1/4 of banshee
  16. DFDelta

From what I've seen so far the Hellion seems to be a bit... bad, to put it frankly, compared to the other 2 gun options (ignoring the rockets). Actually, none of the weapons in the Valk seem to be mouth watering awesome (except the Wyvern, I love this thing. It is superior to the similar Basi/Drake IMO), but the Hellion is meh even compared to them.

The Wyvers seems vastly superior to it for A2G/A2A combat, mostly because it has almost double the muzzle velocity (for A2A), several times it effective range (seriously, 10m on an aircraft? That is basically 40m less then ramming distance if the server has a bad day (or any day on Miller)) and a lot faster reload. Much more accurate then it, too.

And the CAS has, if certed, 10 more shots per reload and still about half its reload time. On top of firing explosive bullets that deal more damage on a direct hit even out to maximum range (except on somebody in flak 5, and even then it is only slightly less). And did I mention that it has over 50% higher velocity, too?
    And the accuracy of the CAS? Better then the Hellion, despite not needing to actually hit the target directly.

The only thing the Hellion in its current form has going for it is a higher fire rate, which is 600 compared to the other weapons 480 and 444, and larger magazine compared to the Wyvern (which that one evens out with its faster reload speed).

Oh, did I also mention that it has less then 1 third the magazine size of a certed MCG, half its velocity and 200 less RPM? Basically if you ignore that the MCG can't damage armor (in which, as already mentioned, the Hellion is inferior to the Wyvern) the MCG completely outclasses it IMO.

Plus as a last point, the spool up gimmick seems pointless on a weapon with so little shots per magazine.

I suggest vastly buffing the Hellions magazine and RPM to 200 and 800 respectively (make them match a certed MCG), and change the reload speed to 6~ish seconds to make up for it.
    I know that would be quite a buff, but currently a heavy sitting in the rumble seat with a MCG and any rocket launcher is superior to it in any conceivable role.
    That just feels wrong.
  17. Bad Words

The extra seats on it are nice but it's still too slow. At the very least give it a perk to reduce it's engine noise or remove the engine noise when it's hovering to make up the difference that way people won't know one is there unless they lay eyes on it.
  18. MingcrusherForum

It would be cool if u could attach ligthnings under it and release them in enemy territory.
  19. Kredier

There is one big issue with the Valk right now. THE DAMN THING doesnt STOP!!!... as an insertion vehicle, like to get into a Places where a Galaxie cannot get, there are 2 problems.

The Valk doesn't stop, and when you want to level up your ship with the vertical thrusters it SPEEDS UP. There is no way to actually land on the first attempt unless you do everything perfectly (calculate trajectory (Hoping there is nothing in the way), apply break at the right moment, which is pretty slow actually, and then the troops need to be close to the ground to not take damage). I do not mind doing some work, but man that is impossible to fly this thing into combat right now.

As soon as you want to hover around a base, you speed up like crazy.

EDIT: 1 other thing, we cant we have the hover mechanic of the liberator?, it is best suited for this kind of vehicle, who is supposed to do that exactly. The way it moves off in circles lose a lot of altitude.
    • Up x 1
  20. ClassANetwork

Could it be possible to add AP Mana Turrets on the side of the Valk as a utility and possibly convert two of the seats into a gunner's seat? Without the shields of course. :)

Example:
    • Up x 1