Valkyrie Adjustments Needed

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Cookie5000, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Cookie5000

I find for a transport vehicle it has very little transport.....
    Needs 4 passengers on a rumble seat and the ability to activate a shield protecting the passengers something similar to this maybe? A defense mechanism similar to those of windows and "doors" of the spawn buildings, the holoshields that block outsiders. Only the pilot can activate this shield. From
    [IMG]
    Take note this only protects the passenger NOT the aircraft itself.
    I thought of two shield ideas. From the inside it is partially transparent while on the outside it is opaque.
    Reflector Shield, Default, when activated will protect the rumble seat passengers from all incoming shots and blast coming through the window for 30 seconds with a 40 seconds regeneration. Nobody can shoot in or out.
    • 30 Seconds Active, 40 Seconds Regen, Rank 1 [Default]
    • 40 Seconds Active, 37.5 Seconds Regen, Rank 2 [150 Certifications]
    • 50 Seconds Active, 35 Seconds Regen, Rank 3 [300 Certifications]
    • 60 Seconds Active, 32.5 Seconds Regen, Rank 4 [500 Certifications]
    • 70 Seconds Active, 30 Seconds Regen, Rank 5 [1000 Certifications]
    Absorb Shield, 150 Certifications, when this shield is activated all incoming damage hitting the rumble seat passengers will be absorbed until it has reached it's absorb limit. 30 seconds regeneration. Nobody can shoot in nor out.
    • 1000 Damage Absorb, Rank 1 [Default]
    • 1500 Damage Absorb, Rank 2 [300 Certifications]
    • 2000 Damage Absorb, Rank 3 [400 Certifications]
    • 2500 Damage Absorb, Rank 4 [500 Certifications]
    • 3000 Damage Absorb, Rank 5 [1000 Certifications]
    Barrier Shield, 200 Certifications, when activated the shield will remain and block all rockets, auto and burst fire. While bolt actions and semi-auto can penetrate the infinitely until the pilot un-activates it. Once un-activated the shield will have one chance to turn it back on however when the pilot un-activates again the shield will deplete and they must wait for a regeneration cooldown of 120 seconds.
    • 110 Seconds Cooldown, Rank 1 [Default]
    • 100 Seconds Cooldown, Rank 2 [300 Certifications]
    • 90 Seconds Cooldown, Rank 3 [400 Certifications]
    • 80 Seconds Cooldown, Rank 4 [500 Certifications]
    • 70 Seconds Cooldown, Rank 5 [1000 Certifications]
    This is the only shield which lets rumble seat passengers shoot outward using rockets and automatic weapons only. However for every bullet is a -0.2% shield penalty and when it goes from 100% to 0%, the pilot will need to wait for the cooldown. Cease-fire does not regenerate the shield. For Example, if you shot to the point of 50% shield left it will rise back up.
    So what are your guy's opinions?
  2. MasonSTL

interesting idea. Barrier shield is really the only one that I think should be considered though. And I also think that only BASRs should be able to shoot through it.
  3. InvitroCanibal

Why not just make the damn thing go faster? What's so bad about making it fast? If it has a barrier, that's great and all but what happens to the pilot when he slowly turtles away.
  4. Cookie5000

Couldn't you just make your own forum about the speed adjustments...How are gunners and rumble seat shooters suppose to hit anything if its moving too fast also? lol
    What? All my hard thinking! D: Lol jk but explain please.
  5. Cookie5000

Looks like this idea won't work I though they would actually be seated inside... Instead they are sitting by the edge...
    How do they not fall off lol...
  6. SkrimpBoat

I think this video goes a long way to explain the problem with the Valk.

Video = Guys shooting out of the sides of the vehicle! "ROOKITS and BULETZ pew pew pew!!!1"
    Game = Barely being able to hit a tower so forget a person.

Video = Flying over the base walls. "WOO HOO I'm in ur base killin ur doodz."
    Game = Got over the wall after four failed attempts due to small arms fire. One guy gets out because the other one got shot on the trip in. He gets killed by a medic who then goes back to farming rez certs.

Video = Cruising to the AO while listening to a ******** guitar rift.
    Game = Flying low trying not to get spotted by a lib or gal or ESF or a HA with a LMG until your pub pilot runs into a tree. P.S. Everyone knows that you listen to CCR's "Fortunate son" or "Flight of the Valkyries" in an open sided air transport. Jesus Christ guys Valkyrie is in the freaking title.

Overview
    Video = I so want to get this thing and be awesome!
    Game = I can't believe I just blew all of my refunded timer certs on this piece of plane. Well guys lets see if we can find a way to troll tanks with mines...
  7. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Heh, that's a nifty video to introduce something that isn't all too similar to what'll actually be in game.
    I like how the soldiers inside are shuffling their feet, though.
  8. Cookie5000

Lol I just now noticed