[QOL] Sniper Scopes: Mildots do no scale

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by JesNC, Aug 19, 2014.

1. JesNC

This is just a minor issue which occured to me once again yesterday:

Mildots on any of the sniper scopes do not scale with magnification, instead you get the same spacing of dots regardless of scope. For me, this always leads to ~5 mins of frustration when switching scopes because all my range-ins are totally off and I have to practically re-learn them all for the new scope.

As I've said, it's minor and more of a QOL/consistency issue, but IMO it deserves to be brought up nonetheless.
  2. Rift23

Some people keep charts on scopes but yes, it's annoying.
  3. HlllBllly

i've almost always used the same scope+BASR combination for each particular style of sniping.

frankly, i get about the same accuracy with the 4x scope as i do the 6x or 10x scopes. the mildots are not of use i suppose?
  4. MarkAntony

I am one of those. Couple hours in VR training and I now have charts. Just haven't put them to good use yet.
  5. Merakov

lol somebody actaly uses those?
    I dont, I use only one scope 12x with the Rams.50 with that gun you need to be rly far away to have to compensate.
    I aim mostly by intuition.To be honest I find mil dots extremely useless since their pupose is for better diagonal aiming in other words compensating for side winds + bullet drop but there is no wind in PS2 and bullet drop is very minor with the Rams and its kin
  6. Rift23

They're needed if you have a suppressor on, which makes the bullet drop more. Some snipers say cloak after each shot, but it'll still make you obvious on the minimap as a continuously appearing/disappearing red dot.
  7. Moz

If you are far enough away your using a 12x scope, you wont appear on their mini map anyways....

I think as standard you show up in a 40m radius upon shooting, with a compensator that goes up to 60m.

No need for a suppressor for a long range sniper.... they cant see you anyway.
  8. HlllBllly

not true, the sniper's enemies are not only located where the sniper is shooting. LAs/infils hunt snipers (i know i do) and no suppressor makes them easy pickings.
  9. Moz

If thats the case the sniper isnt moving anywhere near enough or has a really REALLY poor spot.

Bring your LA at any decent sniper and it will only end in a shot knife combo as you sneek up on where you THOUGHT the enemy Infil was.