If you're gonna zerg

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tuco, Aug 19, 2014.

1. BobSanders123

I think a couple BFRs could fix this....
  2. Captain Kid

I actually liked the 3th person cam..
    You could really sneak around a base like that. I felt like Snake from Metal Gear Solid sometimes.
    With real players instead of AI enemies.

And at least it's better then the tiny field of view we have now..
  3. Atis

Tuco, what do you mean by "if"?

So you jumped from MGS AI to easier targets?
  4. Captain Kid

Well yes. But a lot more targets :)
    god, I loved laying in wait in 3th person view then spam plasma grenades on to 3 or 4 enemies and finish them of with lasher fire.
  5. ShoeFlip

I kid you not, yesterday (two days ago maybe?) I was in a squad of 12 taking a base on my TR, and a NC spawned in to defend it by himself and yelled out something like "So which zergfit is this?". But really, full platoons rolling into fights with 1-12 defenders is zerging in my opinion, nothing will change that - not to mention the platoon lead is stupid for not spreading out to take more territory faster. I understand converging the full platoon on like an amp station/tech plant/biolab because its big points for everyone, but you don't need the full platoon taking small random bases from 1-12 on defense unless you really lack confidence in your own abilities and those of your teammates.
    • Up x 1
  6. Tuco

"IF" you split up the zerg, then the time spent rolling around doing nothing would be reduced because it will shorten the time between 2 zergs meeting.

So instead of rolling around in a zerg capping 1 base at a time, you can cap 4 bases at a time, and you will meet the enemy zerg in a far reduced time. Instead of taking 40 minutes to reach the enemy zerg, it will take 10 minutes. Does that sound like a plan Stan, or what?
  7. Tuco

Companies with the PS1 UI

[IMG]

Get it? Get it? eh eh? Get it?

I see the NC hasn't changed one bit in 10 years.
    • Up x 2
  8. PurpleBeefer

look how majestic as **** this is. mannn i remember those days. goold ps1, thoguh i was on emerald at the time. good stuff. ol that UI is simple and inventory system rocked. allow me to take that lasher from the vanoob i just tripleshotted. yeh now i can play with it for a short while.
    • Up x 1
  9. lawn gnome

during those fights i dash out through their lines and blow up vehicles or hit them from another base, because with those numbers you can almost guarantee some of them will be dumb and allow me to disperse C4 gifts and AV grenades. i soak up certs in those fights. it is probably the closest i get to any form of farming.
  10. ZBrannigan

you've kind of made me hate PS2 now, even though half that is most likely a zerg it at least looks and feels like a 'co op' effort for the empire, instead of a bunch of selfish egotistical kdr obsessive/compulsives. i can get kdr from any number of FPS's, i never got the 'feelings' from ANY of them that i got playing this though. i'd rather have that feeling than the number i can get from any other FPS.

depends when it was taken i guess(reserves/free time after sony hack or whatever) but everyone there was paying subs to play that DESPITE its many and varied issues. i think they(and more) would pay it again if PS2 gave a similar feeling.

it would prob have been cheaper to re-create a better modern engine for PS1 and port/re-skin/re-texture the assets(and fix any glaring problems gameplay-wise)........ than create PS2 for everyone and hope you manage to keep everyone happy(and paying), because that CAN'T happen. you can't please all of the people all of the time!
    the CoD/BF crowd are happy enough buying a 'new'(i use 'new' in it's loosest possible sense) game every year, once they go they're almost certainly not returning.
    and yet people subbed PS1 for years even though there were technologically better FPS's out there.

i so wish i was in one of those gals right now(even if it is NC!!)
  11. Palkora

I have this odd thought in my head of a single stalker infil hiding in mulac and distracting a bunch of NC while the rest of TR take over territory.
  12. lawn gnome

with 11% against a 48+ there would have to be at least 5 people forming the resistance there.
  13. Kite Carling

If you're gonna zerg, zerg...don't wait.
  14. Crator

Fo' sho'! Good advice OP!

Depends if you are going against an enemy zerg. Zerg vs. Zerg can be fun... Otherwise, yes, if the enemy has a zerg and you don't, I just let them zerg and try to defend against more equal numbers...