European Server Status

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by d_carey, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterJohn99

I can run the game on ultra with 40 fps, but the lighting with AV makes my eyes water so i play on medium with low lighting.
  2. Kislany

After all these problems on Cobalt and Miller, I created a week ago a new account on Emerald and played there ever since. Has actually less lag for me than playing on my home turf in Europe. Go figure. So I know where I'll be in the near future until SOE fixes the EU servers.
  3. Botji

Made a pretty redicilous discovery earlier today.
    Was playing MUCH earlier than I normaly do but there were still a lot of people online(Miller), I was on Indar and my ping was I kid you not, 150-500ms... More often than not around 200-300 with spikes up to close 500 and sometimes down a little to around 150ms.

I asked in /y if everyone else also had similar pings and most did, the interesting thing was that one guy said that it was only Indar that was lagging.. So I logged out, checked ping again on Indar(still crap) and then went to Esamir.

Lo and behold, he was right. On Indar I had 200-300ms with even worse spikes but on Esamir the ping was 70-90ms!
    Sure there were a fair bit of action on Indar but it wasnt what you could call "full" and Esamir was far from empty but the ping on Indar was 3-4 times higher.

I mean even if most of the people were on Indar it wasnt any waiting to go back and forth so it wasnt over capacity, the Indar "server" was just bogged down for some unknown reason.
    • Up x 1
  4. DLL2

It not possible to play correcly to Indar. I guest indar server is totaly overflood like a ddos.
  5. Mastermuffel

Hypothesis: I believe that Miller and cobalt they are now on the same server cluster. Therefore, this large latency.

Previously, Miller and Ceres or Woodman and Cobalt on each its own server cluster. (according to IP)

The main reason was the merges, SOE need the servers for H1Z1 and Landmark, i guess.
    • Up x 3
  6. volth

I still cant log in :/, PS2 have load for 5 min now on the character screen.
  7. Impala

Can we have an official few words regarding the outfits from the servers that were moved over, for example Woodman outfits, not appearing in the listing? It has been over one week now and seems as though it should be an easy fix (correct me if I am wrong if you know otherwise). Although a lot of damage has already been done, please limit further damage by fixing it soon.
  8. DLL2

Europe server need really upgrade, It is horrible to play correctly!!!!! Soe will lost players if they do nothink.
  9. sindz

miller atm is anywhere from 100-800ms, completely unplayable.
  10. SidCom

Confirm, ping is much to high on Miller. There are just to many people on the server. Many times more then one of the old continents are full and i have to fight on the unpleasant, foggy Hossin.
  11. GlueHead

[IMG]
    David Carey @dcarey7761

·
    9 tim
    Targeting Thursday morning for an update; highlights include some fixes for Euro server performance and Directive reset issue#Planetside2
  12. r4zor

192ms ping here to Miller... that is ********. I'm actually getting a better ping to Emerald (140) which is on the other side of the pond -.-

Cant believe that SOE are taking this long to fix it. Players on Miller keep logging out just because of the stupid issues.
  13. DLL2

Cobalt crashed.
  14. Jamiean [NC]

RIP Cobalt Server
  15. antiheld84

16. DramaticExit

Awww... We love you guys too.
  17. 3asyD

RIP Miller
  18. Kampfgeist

perfect now miller is killed too...
  19. RDKillerITA