[sug] hidden microphones

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Mbui, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Mbui

I'm thinking hidden mic's would work something like this.

It would be a small placeable item able to pick up and transmit enemy voice chat.
    It would have a deploy radius, analogous to the sundy deploy radius. So you don't create a huge data mess.
    Each mic would be on it's own channel.
    Any ally in the territory could select whichever channel they wanted to listen too, and they would get whatever the mic picks up, in addition to whatever other chat they normally get.
    A player can only select one mic channel at a time, but can switch between channels at will.

Mic upgrades could include increase radius of effect, and/or abilities to pick up squad/platoon chat in addition to ambient voice chats.

Doable or not?
    • Up x 1
  2. NCDaniel

Yell chat is preferable.
  3. Mbui

for what?
  4. Mbui

Perhaps my description lacks clarity. Simply, a mic is placed inside enemy territory to pick up on spoken enemy plans.
  5. NCDaniel

It will overlap with your friendly proximity chat.

Edit: Unless it will only be available for the Infiltrator.
  6. Rikkit

Please, take a moment and think about it.
    A well organised Outfit propaly don't use the ingame Voice chat. instead they would use TS3.
    Some good leaders of random Platoons will use the ingame voice, to coordinate their members.

So assuming both side uses this mics, one side will hear everything, and the otherside will hear nothing.
    and there is no way to balance this. So i would recommend to not implent this mics.
  7. MetalCotton

Great! I can listen to the enemy whine in proximity chat!

That's about it though.
  8. Scudmungus

9. Moz

Its not a bad little idea, needs a little fine tuning to be any use though.