Fixing Reflex Sights

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dBMachine, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Dramma Lamma

2. Aydara

New Asus monitors have a crosshair overlay built in, for example.

This can never be an offense for a ban, or they will get sued by hardware manufacturers. People do not like to spend several hundred dollars to have a company take their money and deny them product. One successful class action lawsuit will bury this game for good.
  3. TheMercator

When you have problems with sight sway while moving you a clearly using the false sight, or you shouldnt move while shooting, for all the irl people in here.
  4. Winfield

Wow, are we trying to compete with Bioware's forum fanboyism here now?

Because defending these terrible, terrible sights is just that. I can't believe what you guys are saying. Are you getting paid for those posts or what?

Look at your post. LOOK AT IT. Done? Good.

Now look at this:

There, now you can look at your post again and hopefully come to a realization about something.
  5. Captain Kid

should I use a permanent marker for this? :)
  6. Winfield

Piece of see-through tape in middle of screen and a small blip on it with a marker.

Afterwards you can remove it easily.
  7. Thor04

Yeah I agree most of time I pray that RNG god is at my side
  8. nallar

It's been a few months, still no sign of a fix or even an acknowledgement that reflex sights in PS2 need to change.
  9. Axehilt

Bumping because this is still a completely silly bug for the game to have. When making a shooter, accurate crosshairs are not an optional feature.
  10. Lewk

It would be really nice to have this fixed. or a non-IR version of the IR scope :D
    • Up x 1
  11. Halo572

That video is truly appalling and explains a lot.

Sights that are off + people aiming and firing at me BEFORE I go around an object = are you kidding me?

They want to put this rubbish out there for MLG pr0s and not only are you not seeing what you should be even if you are wherever you're aiming isn't where you think you should be.

Don't think about that too much it starts to mess with time and space, it will make your head explode.
  12. Paleron

I find the fact that my target steadfastly refuses to stand still for me a much bigger problem than the few pixels the reflex site is off by while strafing.

I'm certainly not opposed to a fix, of course. But even after becoming aware of the issue I haven't really noticed it robbing me of kills.
  13. Axehilt

This would definitely be a serviceable workaround, since crosshair-scopes are the only reliable scopes in the game currently, but it would be disappointing to see them go that route while leaving almost half the optics in the game to be unreliable (and basically failing to do the one thing optics are supposed to do.)
  14. Nexus545

MLG for Halo is probably the most balanced and competitive game I've ever played. MLG isn't bad for balance you just need to find a way to accommodate vehicles.

Anyways I've yet to encounter the problem with reflex sights. Is it only on 1x sights or something?

*EDIT* After watching that video, if that's is the issue then I don't see the problem. Strafing is supposed to make your shots less accurate. Unless the complaint is that it's still predictable then I'm fine with this.
  15. Aegie

People, myself included, have been on about this almost since release.

Any takers on whether this will ever get attended to?
  16. nallar

Your bullets fire in a cone around the center of your screen (CoF / cone of fire). The reticle also sways around, but the center of the cone of fire is still the center of the screen, not where the reticle is.

If the sights were fixed to behave as shown in the gif I posted on the first page, the cone of fire would still exist, just the sight would now accurately point to the center of the cone of fire.
  17. nallar

18. TheKhopesh

I agree that the issue with the PS2 so called "reflex sights" needs to be fixed.