prejudiced loading screen on startup?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by wickedhell3, Aug 16, 2014.

1. wickedhell3

just wondering why a game that has Three major factions never switches its start up loading screen (nc in the major view while other factions are on the background)
    doesn't this seem a bit prejudiced against the other factions?
    + the fact that a "new player" could think hypothetically: "NC is the bomb!, look at how important they showcase them!"
    Why not a rotation of loading screens on launch?
    • Up x 3
  2. NCDaniel

There's going to be more backgrounds soon.

Edit: This was shown briefly during the SOE Live Keynote stream.

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  3. andy_m

Interesting... I thought that was perhaps because I was NC. So that same splash screen is used regardless of faction? If so, cool :D
  4. wickedhell3

yay but where is the vs one?
    • Up x 2
  5. NCDaniel

VS background was not shown at the time.
  6. Aerius

It really doesn't take a genius to assume that they're going to cycle through at least 3 different screens at some point in the future...
  7. Ragnarox

Because devs play the NC thats why they got all the fun and killing stuff. TR second and VS, where is the VS? Dunno but they will come eventually.
    • Up x 1
  8. Unclematos7

Why does the LA on the far left have the ES sniper/scout/whatever rifle?
    • Up x 1
  9. gloowa

Why am i not suprised at all.

Best VS can hope for is that infil getting rekd by NC moved to foreground.
  10. DivadMahdits

MAKE THIS MY NEW DESKTOP BACKGROUND NOW
  11. Archiadus

Anyone noticed how in the screenshot a Medic is reviving with one hand while holding out the rifle in the other? New feature hype?:rolleyes:
  12. gloowa

Did you notice he's holding rifle with his left hand? gg accuracy.
  13. PastalavistaBB

Maybe he is left handed though? :rolleyes: And it looks like a TRAC-5. Nanites...
  14. Casterbridge

I really like that TR one.
  15. Plunutsud pls

The VS loading screen will show a spandex disco party being crashed by NC and TR.
    • Up x 4
  16. Regpuppy

In Planetside, everyone is right-handed. :p
  17. Horrida Messor

Same reason why VS Infil holds MG on current loading screen - artistic view I suppose.
  18. ElastaPlast

I raised this previously and included the forumside login page as it has an NC bias too, but the thread was locked as it was deemed non constructive. Good luck with this one though.
  19. Jertornas

Don't know if you noticed but the supposed NC one is actually just the NC limping away from a biolab they obviously just lost =)
  20. FateJH

I wonder if what that Engineer is holding in the foreground is a representation of the vehicle management window.

Or, considering the blobby rectangular shape on the display, a representation of the game menus (the map specifically).

Or, maybe ...
    [IMG]