Is the Spiker going to be ignored just like the Phaseshift?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ztiller, Aug 14, 2014.

1. tutle64

I'm one of those people with more than 50 kills on the spiker

The Phaseshift is amazing, it does not need ANY buffs/nerfs

On the other hand, having used the spiker for a decent amount of time, I can safely say that it should be worth 100 certs. The manticore is better than it at all situations EXCEPT the fact that it is possible to OHK with the spiker. I made a few posts about how the spiker sucks in many different places, so I will keep this short. The things that need to be changed are either 1 - buff the accuracy on both fire modes 2 - make charge up be a different fire mode and remove that reverse trigger bull**** or 3 - buff the speed of the 2x burst. You could also do a little bit of all of this. Also, I have no idea why SOE changed this pistol 1 day before release. Before the final change made to this pistol, it was godlike and balanced. Now its a 1000 cert troll gun that will get you killed more often than you will kill someone with it.
    • Up x 1
  2. RobotNinja

All three factions have plenty of incredibly ignorable weaponry.
    • Up x 1
  3. Axehilt

TBH, if any 1k weapon feels better than another weapon, that's a balance issue which should be fixed. Everything should be sidegrades.
  4. AdmiralArcher

again.....there is no point in comparing the 2 since VS players can not use the rebel, you are just complaining that the cerberus is a copy....bravo for realizing that most guns are copies of each other
  5. Riku

I would like to point out the obvious: in order to achieve balance, one must compare the empire specific weaponry cross-faction.
    As was correctly pointed out, the guns are typically copies of each other with a faction-specific flavor.

Comparing them includes analyzing which weapons resemble each other the most (stat wise) and then analyzing the differences and if the differences are balanced. For example, no bullet drop on a pistol in exchange for much worse damage dropoff and velocity is not a good tradeoff if you ask me, nor are the additional 3 rounds for the longer reload.
  6. AdmiralArcher

yes, that has been obvious for quite some time, thank you Captain.

but this isnt about balance, its about VS players complaining that they have no good pistols (compared to their avaliable pistols)
  7. Riku

Either you or I misunderstood.
    I believe it's you since comparison has been between Cerberus and Rebel all the time when I checked (and, ofc, spiker with its brothers of the other factions). You're saying now it was between VS pistols only, but at the same time complain that they have been comparing their pistols with NC's.
    Which is, like I pointed out in my previous post, necessary to determine where balance is good and where it needs tweaking.
  8. khai

agree they should let you charge while cloaked.
  9. Arsonix

I don't think that is the answer. Imagine all the whine that will happen when Stalker Cloak infils are killing people where the victim can't fight back from 2-10meters away. It would make the VS the go to faction for Stalkers but Stalkers hardly benefit the side that has them anyways and would just be a detriment to the VS as a whole.

There are a plethora of other things that can be done in my opinion. IE killing the no bullet drop cancer, allowing it to gain charge while doing a quick switch from primary to secondary, revert it to how it was earlier in testing where it had a higher RoF ect ect.
  10. AdmiralArcher

i think the main point was to say that the spiker is crap, and then the OP said that the VS have no decent pistols compared to the NC and TR arsenals, so yeah i misunderstood it.

but, if you are complaining that the VS have no decent pistols, and then say that the ceberus is a straight downgrade to the rebel, you are lying, because as a VS player, you cannot "upgrade" to a rebel since it is NC, so its not a downgrade, its just a similar weapon with different stats
  11. Ragnarox

VS always get ****, our weapons are worst out there, its like NC>>TR>>>>>>>>VS.
    When you start the game they should offer game difficulty:
    Easy - NC
    Medium - TR
    Hard - VS
  12. minhalexus

I'm sorry, but it was VS who complained about the Beamer Storm, which was a pretty nice gun in practice.
  13. Flag

Doesn't seem it was obvious to you.
    You've also missed out on the complaint, and that is that -unlike TR and NC- we don't have valid alternatives to the NS pistols.
    They're all worse, both if you compare them to the NS revolvers, or with what the other two empires get.
  14. Paragon Exile

I'm in disbelief that there are people in this thread telling us that the VS pistols are "decent".

lolololol
    • Up x 3
  15. Plunutsud pls

The Phaseshift is not broken, it's a dual firing mode sniper rifle with infinite ammo and no bullet drop, so you can't expect it to outperform other sniper rifles at their dedicated roles.

The Spiker does indeed suck and I wouldn't even spend 10 certs on it.
  16. Pat22

That one player with more than 50 Spiker kills. That's probably me.
    I'm certainly not using it because it's good. I'm using it because it has a silly somewhat amusing gimmick and my primary weapon reloads in 1.65 seconds so I don't often need to switch to my pistol for emergencies.
  17. AdmiralArcher

no pistol is better than the commisionar
  18. iller

I don't know if it's still the case, but IIRC since the Body-shot + Knife nerf to the Commish, the only gun that still approaches that instant gank power is the Desperado. (but that also might be due to none of the Training Room targets ever having Nanite armor values assigned to the for more extensive testing). But its randomness alone might contribute to atleast 1 headshot

And I've forgotten where the big Diagram is that someone made to show the exact number of shots + knife needed
  19. AdmiralArcher

i think its 2 shots with the commisionar and 1 knife if they are at full health with nanoweave
  20. Flag

Both the Desperado and Repeater are better than the Commie as a panic weapon/up close.
    And as iller mentioned, the Knife was nerfed to only do 500 damage (used to be 625), which means that the normal Comm-knife combo isn't a 1-shot unless you headshot the guy... but more guns than the commie can do that.

For the VS, there is no better weapon. For TR and NC there is.