Recorded videos are black

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jeyge, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Jeyge

Hello everyone,

I recorded some gameplay with the in game function and to my frustration I had to see that all videos are simply black. I hear only the sound but no graphics. I use Windows 8.1 64bit and tried MPC and VLC but nothing worked...

Does anybody know a solution (especially to rescue my videos)
  2. iccle

This has been an issue since the 64bit client update, screenshots also don't work. I have heard no news on a fix.
  3. Jeyge

that is very unfortunate..
  4. Imthehunter

In-game recording generally isn't very good or stable.

Twitch recording for Planetside seemingly works fine, haven't tried Fraps, Bandicam, DXTory (Which is what I'd try first) etc.
  5. Atenson

The bottom line is that most of the time anything worth recording happens in a moments notice & there is no time to open third party software. Shadow Play doesn't work for my PC for whatever stupid reason (Windows 8.0 blows.)

I have NO IDEA how much programming energy is required to get this back online but aside from not being able to capture images/video for bugs, not being able to record video cuts us off from showing people the Sheer Awesomeness that is PS2.

I am not talking about the 30,000 videos of people showcasing their "Ace Piloting Skills," or "sweet 15-0 kill streaks," I am talking about the that epic combat footage of 2 combined arms zergs clashing between bases. No advertisement trailer or promo could ever be as compelling or as effective as the word of mouth-ish "Check out this link of the footage from last nights epic battle."

I know it may just sound lazy & I should go to twitch or DL some other software, but since it functioned in the past, why not make look into getting it back online again?
  6. khai

remember to take off the lens cap. Try one of the third party recorders