Just curious, who else does this?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Flamberge, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Flamberge

So it's pretty much a locked indoor fight, with one faction controlling one room and one controlling the adjoining room. There are enough medics that everyone gets rezed and keeps on fighting. Finally, you get tired of the stalemate. You then get your AI mines, and then just sprint into the other room (Leeroy Jenkins optional) for a kamikaze mine run. I'm sure I can't be the only one who does this. Anyone else a fan of this tactic?
  2. FilthyMichl

I do, but with Infi. You can venture even further inside the enemy cluster and sometimes might even survive the whole thing . =)
    But with engi I prefer lobbing them mines into open windows where the enemy is camping.
    • Up x 2
  3. -Synapse-

Doesn't work quite as well with TR, but on my alts I do this all the time.
    • Up x 1
  4. Xocolatl

Can you really balance an ammo box on someone's head, just out of curiosity?
  5. reydelchicken

I know a lot of people that do this, I used to do this myself during huge zergs.

Walked over to clusters of enemies using "tactics" to take a base, and delivered pizza.
  6. -Synapse-

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  7. DFDelta

Use AV mines instead.

Drop mines, apply sticky nade to floor next to it.
    Much more pow for basically the same effort. Also you can drop much more of them for beautiful chain reactions.
  8. Xocolatl

Time for me to go be a real Engy.
  9. Flamberge

Done that. The real question, can you sandwhich an ammo pack between two players who are practically standing on top of each other?
  10. Simferion

I got 830 kills with my Bouncies and guess how many for normal triggering and how many for suicide runs... :p
  11. ThePropain

I kind of see this happening a lot on Connery, and while I don't usually do it, I know right away when it's happening.
    All I do is give the guy a face full of automatic shotgun bullets, back away from where I killed him, then throw a revive grenade.
    It's just another one of those random events that gets you a lot of XP. :D
    • Up x 1
  12. JimPuckerfist

I do this, but with sticky grenades. I'll run out and gift it to them as a hat. Then I'll get shot to pieces. Then as that enemy player will show his hat to his fellow soldiers, perhaps to brag and make them jealous. All I know is I then will walk away with a string of kills, and we'll suddenly be able to move on out.
  13. Danath

I switch to heavy and throw 4 AV grenades, followed by a RL shot and enter shooting the 200 mag chaingun
  14. MajiinBuu

I usually use 2 proximity mines and an EMP grenade. Everyone's shields are instantly gone as the mines go off, along with any regen shields and stuff that might allow them to live.
  15. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Get an ally with smoke, grab your Infil, throw EMP into the smoke, then run in, decloak, throw, recloak. Watch fireworks. Repeat as necessary.
  16. Leivve

The official term for the tactic is called 'pizza delivery' and it is VERY common.
    • Up x 1
  17. SevenTwo

I thought PIzza Delivery was more a Sunderer thing?

I prefer to see my AI mines as cookies - just skip up to the enemy blob all innocent-like and sweetly shout "WILDERNESS GIRRRLLSS!" while smiling like a maniac:

18. khai

usually pull a shotgun lead and with a grenade. Then again I haven't unlocked the AI mines on most characters I probably should. I more often do similar with a lightning in the outdoor fights just charge in as fast as you can and volley at any groups of infantry cowering behind rocks or sundys you see if you are reloading crash into the huddled masses and you can usually get 2 more jump out and start gunning anything that moves. If you can get past the your own line of tanks blocking the road. Then you spawn and pull another and do it again.
  19. LibertyRevolution

You should be tossing tank mines and then a sticky grenade, take out the whole group of enemies.
    Just pretend that group of enemy is a sunderer.
  20. jiggu

I really do wish we could proxi chat with enemy so I could yell PIZZA DELIVERY