Valkyrie Suggetions/Thoughts/Issues

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by xArchAngelx, Aug 13, 2014.

1. xArchAngelx

Hello all. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Please feel free to discuss any thoughts you might have of my posts, but please keep it civil.

Thoughts:

I like the Valk as it seems like it should be. I love the fact that there is a Dedicated Pilot. The reason why I like the dedicated pilot is because, you can solely focus on flying and not worrying about getting the kill. As stated in the roadmap, this vehicle is supposed to be a transport vehicle, but can do close quarters air combat if needed. It is supposed to be a ground troop support vehicle.

Issues:

I know it just came out, so I would like to use this section to help elaborate where I think there are some major flaws with the Valk right now:

1. Right now I feel like it is too slow. I used the certs that was supposed to increase speed, but it still would start to drop while flying straight. You have to continually hit the space bar to keep a decent altitude.
    2. Two of the 4 nose guns are the only viable guns on the craft. The default and the single missle.
    3. Small arms do WAY too much damage to the aircraft. I tested in the TR VR, and a cougar can destroy this plane in a clip and a half, where an actual AA turret could only take it down to half from zero to overheat.
    4. The pilot windows need to be adjusted a tad bit back. Right now I feel as the cockpit is covered a little too much on the sides.
    5. The yaw and pitch meter that the other planes have are not appearing yet on the Valk.

These are the few that I could think of right now. I will have to keep playing with it. If you have any of your own, please post them and lets discuss it.

Suggestions:

I would like to see this aircraft sped up. I feel that it needs to have 6 seats instead of just 4. Also, I feel like the Valk should have dedicated Mana Turrets on the sides, but remove the shields. Like I said above, I love the idea of the dedicated pilot. IF, and ONLY IF, you feel that is it absolutely necessary for the pilot to have any weapon..just give them a single fire rocket pod on each side of the plane. You fire a rocket and have to wait about 3 seconds to fire another. Give it an ammo pool of about 20. But, let this plane be a mini Gal. I LOVE the idea of it, but it still needs it's tweaking.

TLDR:
    Like it, but with the right tweaks will be awesome. Guns need tweaking. Give it two more seats. Make rumble seats Mana Turrets with no shields.

Thanks for reading and I can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts.
    • Up x 2
  2. NinjaTurtle

A main concern of mine is it is too maneuverable. It is closer to an ESF than a Lib, where in an ideal world it needs to be right in the middle. It feels to agile as it currently is.

I would agree that the health pool is too small as is
    • Up x 3
  3. iccle

Its clearly in early stages of development missing the cockpit hud and indicators for facing of the gun.
    I sincerely hope that the resists are going to be tweaked its far to weak vs small arms.

It is definitely too slow and lightly armored to make it a more viable transport than a galaxy, its also much more resource intensive, to transport a full squad you need 3 of these which requires 3 pilots you would be much simpler, safer and faster in a galaxy as well as being better able to defend yourself.

I wish it had some special ability, maybe an AOE spotting device gun or an AOE emp that could concuss vehicles (maybe reverse turret turning/elevation controls that kind of thing) just something that was not an offensive weapon, some kind of utility function or defensive system.

At the moment I see no reason why anyone would use this in preference to a galaxy, sunderer or simply redeploying for transportation (other than novelty factor) unless it becomes insanely cheap to use, or you only ever play as part of a small group but even then i would argue that a galaxy would be a better choice.
    • Up x 1
  4. Kunavi

All I know is that NS stole TR's Banshee design. Lib all over, where the TB is clearly TR but actually NS -.- No wonder the Fury is better than the Marauder, Annihilator > Striker and so on. Even the TRAP is closer to the Vandal in concept than what the other Factions got. TR so far is NS 1.2.... Uhmmm no actually NS is TR 1.2, they're doing it better AND giving it to EVERYONE.

FML.
    • Up x 1
  5. BaronX13

I would absolutely LOVE for the valkrie to have a mana turret (without shield) on each side for the rumble seats, especially considering the lack of a pilot controlled chingun. I think it would add some useful firepower which requires a moderate amount of skill to use (for pilot and gunner), without being too much firepower. This way it can cover friendlies/return fire on infantry in a reasonable way without being overkill. It can even be made a certable option if needed. Thatd be so kewl. Yes plz.

P.S. give my gal a freaking kobalt chingun already for the pilot to use. Plzplzplz
    • Up x 1
  6. xArchAngelx

I like the agility of it. It is a great get in and drop off guys and scout vehicle. It has great potential!
  7. xArchAngelx

Well, we do know that it will be tweaked. I'm guessing it will be a nanite cost of between an ESF and a Lib. It does need to be beefed up a bit and hopefully they will do that.

On the special abilities, I saw someone mention to have a cloaker identifying light on the bottom. I think that would be cool.
  8. xArchAngelx

Thanks for the input and trust me...I feel your pain. However, I would like to keep this discussion about the Valk. I would appreciate it. :)
  9. xArchAngelx

I don't know. I don't really like the idea of giving pilots too much fire power. If you want to fly and be able to shoot things, just get an ESF. I like the fact that the pilot is just the pilot. When I fly a Lib, I am concentrating too much on the best position for my gunner than trying to mow down the enemy with my nose gun.
    • Up x 1
  10. \m/SLAYER\m/

passengers must have safe ejection
    • Up x 1
  11. DaMann22

I dont think a safe ejection is needed for the valkyrie unless you cert into it. Its a transport vehicle like a black hawk that should hover over the target and drop the occupants from a safe height.

6 SEATS PLEASE!
    • Up x 3
  12. Dead Trolls

Its cockpit view is horrendus your basicly looking at the sky the whole time, not to mention when it looks like your flying straight and leveled your actually heading into the ground, and the third person view is worse its too close in its smaller then a lib but blocks way too much of the view and its slow as hell.
    • Up x 2
  13. xArchAngelx

Yes..this completely.
  14. xArchAngelx

True..but it just came out...there is still going to be some tweaking done. :)
  15. Kalamyty

The Valkyrie is Noisy from long distances away....like it's closer than actually is. Like it however,,,flying it is fun. Hard to kill with Sunderer anti-aircraft weapons oddly, and the poor slow Phoenix missiles couldn't catch up to it when trying to hit it from the ground, also couldn't leave the Phoenix camera mode {maybe something I'm doing wrong}, even though the Valk is fairly slow.

Didn't have partners to test the Valkyrie weapon systems much but I like the variety of choices. The other fun things possible with it are exciting and it does look like a fun ride, even though it lacks good looks.

Seeing some incomplete death animations....only half falling to the ground.

Don't like the hit space to re-spawn at so and so, it doesn't register when i hit space before the death timer expires,seems like it should.

Also Map key is acting weird....can't leave map once it opens with map 'M' key. Have to hit Return to Game with the mouse.

Don't like targeting enemies with Q, brings up a menu if hit repeatedly....don't see the point of it working on everything you point the mouse at....like the sky etc. Did notice offer to repair in the menu, nice add..but honestly the targeting menu is something hardly ever used, and not something you want popping up during combat, messing up you aiming. The usual action of the key seemed to be better, only bringing up the menu when on friendlies.
  16. BaronX13

I actually agree, I just want the chingun on my Gal cause it'd be fun, and after all the hours I put into flying the thing I could actually use it effectively, though its not too big a deal.

For the Valk, I'd love to have the mana turret rumble seats simply because it would look/feel/function awesome (in my opinion). It wouldn't be too powerful, yet would allow for skilled crews to go to town on ground targets. That, and it would add the choice of "do I want to drop the guy on the ground, or would he do more good up in the gunner seats". Whenever more choices are added, it adds depth, I love depth. One of the main problems with the Gal, and now it seems the Valk, is that to keep the vehicle properly manned...you take too many of a squad off the ground. For example, a squad of 12 flying a properly manned Gal only will drop 7 soldiers on the ground (5 gunner seats on gal). In small squad operations...5 soldiers is A HUGE difference in power and utility. For the Valk, a squad of 12 flying 3 properly manned Valks will only drop 6 men on the ground (one pilot and one gunner for each Valk). What they should really do for the Valk is add 2 more seats, and in those seats you gun the mana turrets (cause it'd just be so awesome, c'mon). And for the Gal, it should carry 12 soldiers PLUS the 5 man crew.
  17. 8ThousandPeople

It needs to be fast! Not dog crap slow. If it's gonna be as under gunned as the harasser then cut it some slack!

Also get it an interesting utility like high speed travel or a lift system like the phalanx towers have.
  18. Forrest Glenn

I only want max units in the valk for one reason, I want to see an ace valk pilot use the aegis sheild of a max to stop a lock-on, that would be so cool to see, I agree that burster maxes would be a bit much, but with all the rolling at yawing, it would be hard to hit anything. Please make this a reality.

also, I realized that this aegis maneuver would only benefit the NC, but the TR max would be nuts with pounders, it would be like a bombing run, and a ZOE max could take out anything fast, so I believe that the balance would be preserved.