Game crashing after launchpad

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by AdrianM, Aug 10, 2014.

1. AdrianM

So ive tried to make mulitple threads concering this already but they keep getting 403 forbidden......

So i use the launcher, i get this error

the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) click ok to close the program

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)
  2. Reavenant

Hi Friend,

I've used to have this problem to, but I've found a solution on tomshardware.com.uk. Here's the link to reply in which I've found the necessary info:
    Code:
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1991597/windows-64bit-error-0xc000007b.html#12504980
    In my case on my Windows 7 Pro 64 bit I've had to reinstall the .Net Framework with the latest file from Microsoft's site, check that in the first place ;)
  3. AdrianM

Ok so i have done that i have reinstalled windows, planetside 2, .net and direct x, i have tried faulty ram, i have tried a disk check i have tried copying some random dll. files into my system32.

currently my tech support friendo is saying that i should try forcing planetside 2 to run the 64 bit version so after i reinstall planetside for the 3rd time i will report back and see if that fixes my issues...
  4. Reavenant

As far as I can tell from my IT career experience: if you've already reinstalled Windows, necessary frameworks and direct x and the game still doesn't want to run, then someone should be looking for a new job outside of SoE...

I'm struggling with yet another error xc0000005, just like after any bigger update for this game every goddamn time I want to play PS2 after some vacation from it. Too bad they're doing some maintenance work at the moment :/

Oh! and try not to post error codes here as 0xsomethingsomething but just the code after 0x, otherwise it may be seen as a part of malicious code from web page embed viruses and will be blocked by some of the newer forum engines ;)
    • Up x 1
  5. AdrianM

apparently i gotta try to force the 64 bit version of planetside 2 to run
  6. AdrianM

i didnt work, also i tried going into my router setting and port forwarding the planetside 2 ports......

nothing
  7. Reavenant

Someone wrote on this forum, that PS2 doesn't like to have Steam set up to install beta versions. Is yours a beta version?
  8. anitbot

To handle 0xc000007b error run sfc /verifyonly and Windows Defender Offline.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/de-DE/windows/what-is-windows-defender-offline

However, directx9.dll can be reversed,
    64bit d3dx9_**.dll should be in Windows/system32 and 32bit d3dx9_**.dll should be in
    Windows/syswow64. The 64bit dll is greater than a 32bit dll. To resolve this rename your
    dll found e.g. 'd3dx9_42.dll.bak' for undo and run the latest DirectX Setup.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=35
  9. Reavenant

Thanks Mate, but to tell the truth that error is only happening if I try to play PS2. I'm not going to mess in my OS just for one hell of a bugged game if everything else works like a charm :D
  10. user101

0xc000007b is an inputx.dll file fault by DirectX it is a device error .... as such in most cases..
    If you have a cut down win7 system missing SQL some times you get this error. You need a full blown window 7 system.. not a DELL laptop cut down system to run PS2. (OEM win 7 full system) not what they send in a laptop.....!!!
  11. AdrianM

The computer that i bought back in 2008 is gone, i have replaced every part inside it since then, i know they are compatible because i ran this game for over 2 years no problems,

Also i have used 2 different versions of windows to install this game, both have encountered this error.
  12. AdrianM

Im not sure if you english or something is not good i am not sure what you are talking about.
  13. AdrianM

im still having trouble with this i see over 200 people have seen this and yet not much help :(
  14. AdrianM

Ok i can confirm that i have an OEM version of windows
  15. user101

We used a tracing program for the 0xc error on this guys pc and it is the inputx.dll by MS that causes the problem. That inputx file is for hardware. Yes there are hundreds if not thoustands of people that have this problem. It is not an SOE problem...
    inputX.dll is a microsoft file... not an SOE file.
  16. anitbot

Enter sfc /verifyonly in the command window and let us know the result.
  17. AdrianM

okay so after running sfc /verfiyonly

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Adrian>sfc /verfiyonly

Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Checker Version 6.0
    Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Scans the integrity of all protected system files and replaces incorrect version
    s with
    correct Microsoft versions.

SFC [/SCANNOW] [/VERIFYONLY] [/SCANFILE=<file>] [/VERIFYFILE=<file>]
    [/OFFWINDIR=<offline windows directory> /OFFBOOTDIR=<offline boot directory>
    ]

/SCANNOW Scans integrity of all protected system files and repairs files
    with
    problems when possible.
    /VERIFYONLY Scans integrity of all protected system files. No repair operati
    on is
    performed.
    /SCANFILE Scans integrity of the referenced file, repairs file if problems
    are
    identified. Specify full path <file>
    /VERIFYFILE Verifies the integrity of the file with full path <file>. No re
    pair
    operation is performed.
    /OFFBOOTDIR For offline repair specify the location of the offline boot dire
    ctory
    /OFFWINDIR For offline repair specify the location of the offline windows d
    irectory

e.g.

sfc /SCANNOW
    sfc /VERIFYFILE=c:\windows\system32\kernel32.dll
    sfc /SCANFILE=d:\windows\system32\kernel32.dll /OFFBOOTDIR=d:\ /OFFWINDI
    R=d:\windows
    sfc /VERIFYONLY

C:\Users\Adrian>
  18. AdrianM

okay how do i find out if my inputx.dll is causing problems too?
  19. user101

20. AdrianM