why did soe nerf the dalton against libs?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GEWJANA, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IamnotAmazing

why did they add a hover activation penalty?
  2. GaBeRock

I'm not entirely sure what this thread is about. 2 dalton hits still wrecks non-composite libs.
  3. Bossaru

Probably because it's too easy to perform. Slow, large, predictable aircraft need resistance against anti-tank skill cannons. If you are talking about ESFs, the power should remain high. But that is because they test your accuracy.
  4. Obstruction

two hits sets a full lib to critical/burning, regardless of composite armor. the composite vs AP buff was fully removed.

the composite change actually came after the first change, which still remains, and that was when they removed the 2 hit kill. it was specifically to increase the usefulness of fire suppression against dalton libs, which it does.

i miss the old 2 hit duel also, but it really only requires landing a little tankbuster or tail gun fire, or a third hit. it does leave a large dps gap between dalton loadouts and shredder loadouts, but the shredder's primary dps advantage seems to be within a very short range. the same can be said for tankbuster primary libs, if you deny them close range conflict the dalton can still retain a great advantage. the downfall of tankbuster primary is they have to fly right at you nose first. shredder is much more difficult to fight, but not impossible.
    • Up x 1
  5. [NNG]WillTerry

The dalton was good when it had splash because then things like this could happen. Miss that splash.
    Time stamp 2:40
  6. Nlioc4

95% sure full composite libs will need 4 dalton hits to kill. Composite vs AP buff was removed, but Composite vs Dalton was not. Not disagreeing with your points, just making sure the facts are right.
  7. Vixxing

I only fly with dalton/bulldog setup and we rarely loose a plane to Shredders... (ill TB the crap out of it if i hear it start plinking me and the Daltongunner WILL make the follow-up shot most of the time)
  8. Takumi9

you are clearly an idiot if you dont find it EXTREMELY easy to get rid of 4 esf at the same time..... WITH ONE BURSTER much less 4 bursters
  9. Takumi9

PERSONALLY i found the damage tank rounds did to libs to be PERFECTLY FINE the way it used to be.... then they go and do something as stupid as adding ap tank shells to the list of things the composite armor reduces.... MOST of the ppl i know that used to lib were perfectly happy about just about every aspect of the ground to air damage..... with the exception of flak turrets that dont render or bursters that dont render/ cant actually shoot back at them.....

i (and many others) preferred the lib BEFORE the whole lib update that completely destroyed the lib (except for shredder crews aka noob mode)

the only thing you are still able to do with the lib ( assuming you are playing against ppl of a decent skill level and are not idiots that like getting farmed) is fight 1-3 aircraft (for the good crews) at the same time assuming that there is NO ground damage to stop your NERFED NANITES that take FOREVER to start
  10. Takumi9

if you were fighting a decent crew and they were shooting you first ...... YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TIME TO EVEN AIM AT THEM
  11. Takumi9

there is little difference when shooting at esf with the dalton or any gun.,.... with the exception of how many times you shoot at ppl repairing on the ground ( HAPPENS ALOT ) and you would have killed it ... but no splash anymore

the problem is shooting at EVERYTHING ELSE
  12. Takumi9

EITHER WAY the composite thing is stupid...... sure lets give ANOTHER ******* ADVANTAGE TO SHREDDER NOOBS.

also you seem to have no idea what ur talking about with dalton vs shredder lib fighting ..... unless your hacking or real lucky... the only way to kill a shredder lib is up close... if you run you die
  13. khai

Are we playing the same game? What usually happens is you shoot at an ESF it runs away the other 3 rocket pod you into next week. Was I trolling a little, sure, but in the fact that there is not actually an organized conspiracy of ESF pilots. It's a disorganized conspiracy. But in my assertion that AA has been nerfed into the ground at the request of ESF pilots was accurate.

Extremely easy taking on 4 to one odds don't make me laugh.

You may survive one on one and deter it, but you will not kill it unless it ignores you or does not see you. ESFs kill ground in the hands of competent aware pilots, AA has trouble doing more then deterring regardless of skill, they even added ribbons for it. I mean seriously SoE counts deterring air the same as killing anything else.
  14. Takumi9

... ummmm should i link the stream from yesterday of me getting destroyed to 20 % health multiple times in a scythe?..... and yea... thats a single burster...... deterring 4 fully certed aircraft.... aka 1 player in aa destroying/deterring 4 other players in a vehicle that you have to actually fly....

most of the problem is in the lag/latency of this ruined game

but 1 turret (now you cant even kill them in libs) or a few bursters 2-3 ..... will clear out any number of esf you will see on any regular day.... also 2 bursters will also destroy (or make it leave and not come back) any average gal or lib crew

you people make it sound like aa is unuseable....... let me assure you from getting destroyed at max altitude by flak or 2 hexes away ON A REGULAR BASIS it is very annoying and un-flyable .....

imagine this: remember that dalton that now has NO splash........ lets see flak only work when it DIRECTLY hits aircraft..... HOW THE **** WOULD YOU LIKE THAT?

or them extremely overpowered turrets that dont render most of the time that you can get in using ANY INFANTRY CLASS and NOT PAY RESOURCES FOR IT.... also if it gets blown up you can just repair it again in 15 seconds....... TIMES THAT BY THE 5 FLAK TURRETS AT EVERY SINGLE BASE
  15. Aegie

EDIT:Meh, I had a bad joke about scruffy lookin' nerf herders but it didn't really work.

In any event, I have 0 problems buffing vehicle vs. vehicle- it would be nice to see more anti-lib libs.
  16. WTSherman

You seem to be missing the key difference between an MBT that is holding still for you and an aircraft that is traveling at 200-300 KPH.

Have you ever noticed that mechanics that make getting hits easier (ludicrously high rates of fire, high velocity, AoE damage, lock-on mechanics) tend to be pretty much mandatory on AA weapons? Well it turns out that aircraft are really hard to hit compared to most ground units. Who would have thought?
  17. Brahma2

Takumi... where did the bad Shredder Lib touch you?
    • Up x 3
  18. PKfire

O-|-<
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.