Get it together folks

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zathrus, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Zathrus

I just recently started playing ps2 again after a break of a few months.

You guys seem to have some serious issues keeping your game online lately.. what gives?
    Seems like every other day your doing something that requires you to either take the servers off line or lock the players out.

This is not conducive to game play if you really need to be told that.

I understand the need for improvements and updates... but your supposed to be doing that once a week... not 5 times a week. This is getting absurd... now you lock out hundreds of players from the servers... to investigate a login issue?????? after taking all the servers off line for a second day in a row??

Are you using any kind of QA system? These little hotfixes should be rare, not the norm.
    If you are using a QA system it is obviously not working.
    I strongly suggest you find an expert in "Process Control". I would offer my services but am retired.

A Process Control expert will go far beyond normal quality control. They will improve the process your using to make code and integrate it into the game, plus normal quality control. I really think your process must be flawed somewhere to be causing these constant hotfixes.
    • Up x 5
  2. Kislany

Make that every day after the EU merges. Twice daily.
    • Up x 1
  3. Plunutsud pls

They've been rushing a lot of new content and features recently to make the game more complete for the PS4 release.

Since we, PC players, get to beta test all this new content, we just have to deal with it.

Because, you know, we can't have the console crowd playing an unfinished game now, can we? :rolleyes:
    • Up x 4
  4. Utrooperx

Its not a bug...its a feature!
    • Up x 2
  5. UT40kGeodav

yep they keep on begging for money but they can't even fix the damn game, what a waste of my money, paid for 3 months and can't play at all, this just makes people give up and go to other games but then they need to dumb down the game for the console players
    • Up x 1
  6. Goretzu

Looking like it's going to wipe out most of EU prime time today. :(
  7. Reavenant

Yup, and like always the will give us a bonus xp weekend or something, and like always when I'm away. Number one reason why I don't have my membership anymore.
  8. poxleedss

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I feel that this game is broken beyond repair. Every single patch/update just destroys another batch of players ability to play, so far I've been relatively lucky, however this latest 'whatever' has left me with sooooo much lag it's now unplayable, which is a real bonus as I've only just re-subbed. But alas, I know I'm not the only one, there's other posts relating to the lag topic.
    To surmise,

Exactly what Zathrus says, plus all the other posters, please read them SOE, after all it's business and you're gonna lose players(customers) hand over fist at this rate
    • Up x 2
  9. Sgt J

I feel your pain. I bought a new computer (costed $1000) to improve my expierence with planet side and now it seems to be performing twice as worse as it use to before all this update nonsense
  10. Rostklump

This is the main reason i have invested very little money in the game.
    Trying to play planetside is like playing the lottery sometimes you get lucky and all works fine other times nothing works.
    After the latest patch its like a 25% chance of successfully logging in to the game on the first try, worse then most games in pre-alpha state.

Even during times the game works fine i don't spend money on it since who knows if it will still be playable next week.
  11. Ziogatto89

No no no you got it all wrong. SOE doesn't have a Q/A system because it doesn't need one. The players are the Q/A system! XD
  12. Kislany

I've been actually saving for a new 1100 Euro computer just to play this game. My old pc works fast for everything else I need, except for PS2. You know what? I won't buy a new pc anyway. Not after having read countless of stories and complains by folks with new pc's that simply don't perform. What's the point if a few months down the road after a few new 'interesting' patches I'll be back where I am right now? No point, I mean the only single reason I wanted a new pc was for PS2. Bah...
    • Up x 1
  13. Sgt J

This really sucks. You devs really need to get your s**t together. Here's a hint devs: maybe if you fixed the game more people would play it and be willing to pay for it even. Your call devs, your call