why did soe nerf the dalton against libs?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GEWJANA, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GEWJANA

I remember back in the day when good dalton gunners could punish tankbuster primary libs and kill them before dying and soe thought it would be a good idea to change that and ruin lib v lib combat.

If i get jumped by a lib and i hit them twice because they fail to 1 clip us they should die before being able to pitch up and give their gunner a shot.

DID ANYONE EVEN WANT THIS ****? LOL
  2. Brahma2

Because Dalton was, and is, op.

It shouldn't kill an ESF in one shot, much less two shot a lib.
  3. NevarxTR

Because Liberators are OP and need to be nerfed more?
  4. \m/SLAYER\m/

Yes, buff Dalton against liberators, then against infantry.. Nice try :cool:
  5. Pikachu

Nerfers gonna nerf.
  6. Brahma2

Takumi, do you want a hug? Because I'll spot you one.
  7. Takumi9

i was making a point for all the ppl that dont know what this game USED to be like and how much fun it used to be for both infantry and vehicles.

the only thing that ever needed to be done with the lib was
    -composite should be both flak AND MISSILE mitigation
    - dalton outer spash radius DAMAGE cut by say 30%
    -shredder NEEDED HUGE nerf against maxes... AND ONLY MAXES and mabye a SMALL cut to min range damage( meaning like 5 damage
    -tailgun field of view was a GREAT change and the only one i am happy about EVER on the liberator
    -ammo capacity is a joke now and needs to be put back.... you get in a fight with a few esf and you run outta ammo half way through... the problem was never how much ammo it had... it was ONLY the LACK OF PPL PULLING AA
    -night vision nerf should show terrain better than it does currently ... other than that its fine
    -tank mines SHOULD show up in thermal... half the time the dam things are clipping through the ground and only a corner is showing

harasser
    - put comp armor AND TURBO back to the way it was... the problem was resistances to ARMOR PIERCING SHELLS.... and only ap shells/rockets.. aka ground lockon/decimator/dalton/ap tank rounds/ halberd/ es tank secondary saron/enforcer/vulcan

flash
    - should have a shield for rider ( like the heavy resist shield ) so you cant get shot off so easy
    - should NEVER explode for being upside down ... should just need to press enter vehicle to flip it back over

ESF
    -rotaries should be more accurate and have double their current ammo capacity... have a large resistance to ground vehicles.. (these are meant to shoot at AIRCRAFT and should be more efficient at it than the other guns
    - afterburners WITH OUT fuel tanks should be put back to the way they used to be
    - reverse manuver should not cost more fuel...... this RUINS FIGHT BETWEEN GOOD PILOTS and shortens the duel
    - NANITES NEEED TO BE PUT BACK TO THE WAY THEY WERE ... you can no longer hide / run around a bio lab to get some health anymore/ get rewarded for dodging bullets for 5 full seconds during a fight
    - hornets need a damage nerf and range boost
    - coyotes.... NEED A NERF ALLREADY.... you should not be spamming i allmost hit you missles for the ENTIRE DOGFIGHT AND WIN. LEARN TO AIM A LITTLE .... its alot more fun and you should be rewarded for aim
    - flares should be every 15 seconds on esf and have a 2 sec time for lock on prevention

tanks
    - full ap and maxed certed tanks die way too easy to a bus..... in their current state... vanguard needs to have a quicker initial start... mag needs its manuverability back... STOP STEALTH NERFING OUR HOVER POWER.. we tankers drive these things ALOT and can instantly tell u nerfed it when you do... prowler seems to be fine in its current state(but could use a tighter cof on vulcan)

galaxies
    - where is our ammo/repair gal? need this under utilities for a vehicle that is so slow/high off the ground as it NEEDS nanites for this role... flak armor/stealth has its place for a transport "get to this base and bail" vehicle

INFANTRY
    - annilator was a bad idea... striker should be dumbfire
    - air or ground specific launchers should be only able to fire with a lock... NON dumfireable
    - heavy class should only be able to use the stock rocket launcher.... engineers should get the rest
    - c4 should be 3 bricks to kill sunde/ tank and only heavy and engineer should get this many... this way light assault and medic still can kill maxes/ use c4....
    - guns the medic/la/engie can use should be useable by all classes
    -maxes should not be reviveable DO YOU SEE ME REVIVEING MY TANK/ LIB..... this class is meant to give you an advantage like a vehicle.... pull them.... if you have resources... when you die... YOUR DEAD.. yes its annoying but it is just how it should be.. (you went through all the trouble of killing a max... the other 3 maxes next to it kill you... the medic revives the max u just killed.... pointless)
    -night vision scope should NOT have such a short range.... should have much longer range and show terrain
    - prox mines should ALLWAYS kill infantry UNLESS they have flak armor on... whats the point of a suit slot if you can survive without it against explosions
    - you should have to pay resources for every rocket you shoot... and every under barrel you shoot... i pay for my maxes/vehicles/grenades/prox mines/medkits....
    - you should be able to carry 2 grenades of either same or different type/ OR you should be able to choose what grenades you carry with grenade bandoleer(1 res/1 healing/ 1 frag)
    - sticky grenades should be avail to light assault and infiltrators
    - anti vehicle grenades should be available to engineer
    - infiltrator should have a slightly higher run speed than all other classes( certable passive)
  8. Goliath Mk2

i'd be able to live with the dalton one shotting esf's but i dont like how they are are just as maneuverable as esf's and be able to keep up with them, i think it should move like a galaxy but get tougher maybe?
  9. PKfire

: /
  10. Kylerr

Aren't you the fkr who sits in a shredder drake lib all day? lol. forumside, gents.
  11. Goliath Mk2

they seriously are, i swear, they might not have the turn speed or the 360 backflip capabilities but their top speed puts them up there with esf's.
  12. Brahma2

Weird, you seem to know me... it ain't mutual.

I feel like if I still ran Dalton, I would try to make it work instead of sitting around whining about it like some of you guys do.
  13. Takumi9

they have now completely removed timers and made everything resource based.. there should allways be people available to pull aa maxes or skyguards or any vehicle with the capability of taking out air....

the problem is you cant kill vehicles when they are out repairing you all the time... the dalton and shredder never used to be a huge problem till the zepher got nerfed... if it did its job the whole dalton/shredder op thing wouldnt have been brought up.....

while i agree the the original splash damage should have been reduced.... the size of the splash should have been left alone

the zepher needs to be more accurate and the shredder NEEDS to have bullet drop

the duster is terrible.... you are lucky to even get a hit marker with a whole clip of the thing... it should have the current zepher accuracy and less splash damage... its kinda hard to balance a gun that never had a place in the first place

the zepher needs to have a little less damage to mbt

the whole problem with the nerfing methods are they are making it impossible to even do damage instead of just reducing the damage they do ( although they seem to get it right with infantry weapons like the rocket launcher)

nanites need to be put back to the way they were now.... you can hardly ever even get your nanites to work anymore.. in most situations it is just a wasted defense slot... nanites need their timers reduced again or there needs to be a damage% done to the vehicle to prevent their activation( the first method would provide a much better experience in most situations
  14. Takumi9

we HAVE SPENT DAYS IN THE THING "TRYING TO MAKE IT WORK" .... most old ( professional/skilled) gunners that still play have tried to make it work.... BUT IT DOSENT... IT SUCKS... it needs to have its previous damage against liberators

what is the point of having a high risk of missing weapon if it dosent out dps a spray gun... THERE IS NONE ... if you can manage to hit every shot of the dalton it should out dps the shredder in EVERY situation given that both started at the same time.. ( it is not easy to hit ANYTHING with the dalton and you are likely to miss often) with the shredder if you know what you are doing you will allways do damage to your target (you may not hit every bullet but you will hit alot of them) where the dalton you could miss every shot
  15. PKfire

I'm not saying the Dalton hasn't been delt a bad hand, but it's not the useless weapon you make it sound like in this post.
  16. Degenatron

I'd almost believe you, if I hadn't run across some Lib crews who really know what they are doing. Two weeks ago I spawning on Amerish and there was a lone VS Liberator just wrecking everything in sight. There was easily 20+ vehicles and that crew was just ripping us apart. I kept pulling skyguards, because on most liberators I can at least drive them away, and they punked me every time until I just rage-quit.

What they were doing was coming in low, just above the tree-tops, hammering a tank with a clip from the tank buster, and then breaking while pulling up hard - pointing nose up at about a 40 degree angle. Then then Dalton and the Bulldog would just hammer the crap out of the tank. It was all over in a matter of SECONDS - maybe 6 seconds at most. By the time anyone started landing rounds on them, the target was already dead and they were flying away. They were good, and they were a truly daunting foe to face. Like I said, after about 30 minutes of that, I logged off in disgust.

In conclusion, the Dalton Liberator is still a massive beast in the right hands. I guess those hands aren't yours.
  17. khai

The ESF lobby wanted it, just as they got nerfs to Lock Ons, Bursters, skyguards, and A2A missiles. Anything that threatens the ESF must be nerfed. And something that can kill them as easily as they kill ground, unthinkable.
  18. Kylerr

I do make it work. Check my gunner's killboard, I still fly it every day. It's just bogus
  19. PurpleBeefer

Was it Libn :eek: , cause if not id like to get them in. lol

Anyways sorry about your ragequit. I have encountered a similar situation when playing as infantry, get owned by the same guy 5 times = me ragequitting
  20. z1967

Every AP gun was nerfed against Libs. They noticed that it was killing more Libs than it should be (probably beating AA in Lib kills lol) and then nerfed it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.