Can I please play on Hossin........sometime.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vertabrae, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Vertabrae

As a TR on Emerald, it's tough. I want to play on Hossin. I've still got tons of places to explore. I like the atmosphere there. I love it. Only problem is, it's been locked since 3am. I get cont locking, and I'm not complaining. Let whatever faction owns it have the benefits. I don't care about that. I just want to play on the continent of my choice, when I want to play on it.
    • Up x 1
  2. TheBand1t

The adversarial alerts are kind of janky

At least the old alert system kept people moving around the continents and kept it somewhat fresh
    • Up x 2
  3. Leftconsin

Esamir has been locked for quite a while on Connery.
  4. RigelDominar

Seems silly to make a new patch where half the content is unaccesible most of the time.
  5. Saval

Yah, I'm kind of getting pissed about not being able to play on my favorite continent, but whatever. I'll just login when it's available.
  6. Matt879

With the alert system completely bugged out, and Miller now having enough pop for 3 unlocked continents, indarside 2 is back in business, and going stronger than ever. Alerts didn't pop up even when VS got 86% of amerish, nor when TR got 96% of amerish (the continent didn't lock either). Esamir has been locked for 2 days now, amerish is mostly a ghost town with 1-2 decent fights, hossin has a few fights while indar has a fight on almost every place where faction territory touches eachother. I've been playing on indar 90% of the time ever since the game launched, please fix the alerts SOE, I want to lock the hell out of indar.
  7. FateJH

Although a number of people in this thread should look into a round-based game that uses rotating maps, I would suggest that the OP download the PTS if he wishes to explore Hossin more freely.
    • Up x 2
  8. Pikachu

On Cobalt its Esamir thats locked all day.
  9. Dudeman325420

I don't think you do, if you can't see why it would require some continents to be locked from play. It doesn't have much to do with capture benefits, and everything to do with population management.
  10. DQCraze

I just noticed that alerts are nonexistent lately. Before it was every two hours or so.
  11. ezaroo

Yeah the alert system is properly bugged right now... On miller it is a big issue if you aren't vanu... They get some lovely cheap vehicles right now and have for two days ish I think?

I think there is a case for a mixed alert system say, the adversarial system we have now (obviously with some tweaking but playing on miller I haven't had enough of them to decide where the percentages need to be) but if there hasn't been a new continent locked in say 2, 4, 6 or 8 hours (pick which one you like) it triggers an old style alert like we had the past few weeks. This would mean one faction wouldn't be able to keep one bonus constantly like you could now by playing for draws on alerts and would mean you would have the tour of the continents we had the past few weeks which I loved!

Just had a thought, idk if the game could deal with it, but say your faction had esamir locked and the system (the old one) triggered a hossin alert which you won but you didn't want cheap maxes, it could give a yes/no option to say "do you want to lock hossin?" That would mean you could keep your cheap vehicles if you voted no as a faction. This would mean if one faction was winning for a period they could choose their bonus.
  12. NoctD

Found myself bored out of my mind today - no Hossin, and nothing exciting to do. Didn't play much - just logged off after fooling around a bit.

Way to go SOE - you're losing player interest left right and center with your stupid broken alerts and continent locking crap!
    • Up x 1
  13. Vertabrae

No, I really do get cont locking. Problem is one cont is locked all day. No alerts, high pop weekend day, so people are evenly matched. However because Hossin was taken at 3am when so few people were on, now nobody can play on it.

There's no way to unlock. Factions have been fairly even all day, so not one alert has been triggered. So I, like many others have not been able to play the continent we most enjoy.

As for pop management, that has nothing whatsoever to do with my post. Emerald has had 3 pretty full conts all day long. You telling me that Hossin cannot be unlocked because of pop? Really? Why can't Hossin be unlocked, which would spread the pop out a little more, and give someone a chance to lock one of the other continents?
  14. Whatupwidat

On Miller I got a choice today of either ghost-capping Esamir, being zerged to death on Amerish, or waiting 20 minutes in a queue to get onto Hossin.

Irritating if I'm honest.
  15. ajma

Someone, please, lock Indar.
  16. NC_agent00kevin

VS on Emerald are rumored to intentionally lock Hossin to troll TR and NC....and the rest of the VS who want to play on it. It will probably get old eventually.
  17. MasterCheef

Im usually supportive of this game, but this new alert system is just ********. I think i may have to take another long break while they sort things out. Its starting to feel beta-like with the generous resource system and wonky alert system. PS2 is obviously in a transiotion period right now
  18. Axehilt

Hossin will unlock if another continent is locked. It's well within the NC/TR's power to achieve that, if they were dedicated to make it happen.

But factions playing skillfully as a whole is just like playing skillfully individual: nobody's going to hold your hand and let you win for free, you have to actually earn it.
    • Up x 1
  19. WyrdHarper

Yeah, having >100 person queues regularly during primetime with people getting stuck in VR or not able to log in at all is great population management. A+ work, really.
    • Up x 1