Emerald mass server lag/desync

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Swinefludude, Aug 5, 2014.

1. MisterBond

Did you set the file as read only?

You can't edit a read only file, you can only delete it
  2. volth

Same on Cobalt
  3. Cyvil

Nope, made the changes, saved them, then set to read only. No affect on the game.

I did have success in uninstalling the game, and reinstalling, but there was a headache there, too. I uninstalled from the control panel, but that seemed only to delete the resource files, all of the PS2 user customization files were still there, along with most of the folder structure. I had to manually delete the PS2 folder such that I had to download the installer again, and start from scratch. Thankfully, I use a G13 gamepad, and did not have to reset most of my customizations.
  4. Tito

fix the servers soe game its unplayable
  5. Contego

Ever since the latest few patches after around a half hour of play enemy hitboxes start lagging for me. One instance, I emptied half my clip into a guy within the 5m range and he killed me with full health and shields. Only way to fix it is a game restart.
  6. ZerpyDerpDerp

Reporting in, same problems.
  7. DatVanuMan

What is going on??? The game has gotten BETTER for me over the past few months... Higher FPS, less connection problems (Still there, but not as bad as three months ago), and generally better K/D management:p
  8. Eliminacion

I usually play with a ping of 273ms which is acceptable for me but after the recent patch I have been getting a fluctuating ping starting from 400ms to infinity making the game unplayable. I cannot attend 48 vs 48 fights anymore as my ping shoots up to 1000ms and then starts rising to infinity. I keep getting lag spikes even when there are no people present at my location.
  9. Saval

Yeah, there's been some really weird lag and desync issues today and yesterday on Emerald...hopefully it get's fixed tomorrow.