HEAT = Hardly Ever Annilhilates Troops And Why F2P Users Got Shafted.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CactusLynx, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Vortok

HEAT only comes free on MBTs, where you can have a gunner to provide fire support and secure the kill between the two of you, so not one shotting with HEAT splash is less of an issue if the vehicle is actually being used as a 2/2 and the driver and gunner are working together.

The Lightning doesn't have any help to offset HEAT's reduced splash damage (aside from the standard faster reload of a Lightning, which has always been there), but HEAT isn't the default weapon on Lightnings either.

So I fail to see how it's really that terrible for f2p.
  2. Imperium Assault

3. Sagabyte

HEAT: Highly Ergonomic Armor Tickler (Feather not included)
    HE: Hey Everyone! (You're dead!)
    AP: Actually Practical (I did something for the team!)
    • Up x 1
  4. Axehilt

• Players farm infantry if they want a high kill count and high K/D.
    • Players farm vehicles if they want a high SPM and to actually help their faction win fights.
  5. Thardus

To be fair, HE has its place in keeping the enemies heads down long enough for Sunderers or foot mobiles to get inside the enemies range.
  6. Axehilt

Sure, killing infantry isn't completely valueless. But establishing vehicle supremacy basically gives you free reign to clear the enemy's attack and push forward with one of your own.
  7. Huishe

Yeah, HEAT got worse... i guess. Now imagine the pain of all the dedicated tankers (well, at least mine) when they realized they need to aurax heat while killing 324254325 tanks all over again because directives didn't register my thousands of vehicle kills.
    Pain. In. The. ***.
    I have over 3 thousand kills on ap, i don't want to use your stupid heat or he. But i might have to, since last directive level requires 5 things to be done, and ap+tanks killed are just two. So basically, SOE forces me to farm infantry. (i still resist it by engaging any vehicle i see, but when i'll have to switch to he, it probably won't work)
  8. Astealoth

HEAT was never good. HE was never good. AP has always been the standout since day one. At different points in HEAT and HE history they were ok at farming infantry. Farming infantry isn't a reasonable use of an MBT or lightning. They've been tweaking these cannons for years trying to discourage people from camping a hill and shooting at spawn doors for hours as if they're doing something meaningful. Swallow the pill and come to terms with the fact SOE wants those MBTs fighting tank battles, not spawn door battles. They're not going to tweak them in the other direction any time soon.
  9. TTex11

I finally got around to pulling my HEAT Lightning to give it a test run and see what all the fuss is about. The vast majority of my kills with the gun were direct hits, with the rest being blast damage from landing shells right at the feet of targets (Ie - I score a 'near miss).

Nothing felt any different. Business as usual for me.
  10. Archiadus

Wow... what is this HEAT- nerf nonsense?! I demand the changes to be reverted because new players are supposed to start out with the best anti-infantry primary, upgrading is lame! :mad: