looks like Lattice lanes really don't work for the new "Bigger pop servers"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BadAsElite, Aug 10, 2014.

1. BadAsElite

I can relate to this post as someone whos been in both server smash and community clash. Server smash would be a good (bad) example of the way to win a base, by Zerging the living hell out of the Defender. By out poping them with both ground and air so that theres no place of the defenders to counter assault the A point.

Now if we watch the "Community Clash" replays on how base fights happend, things were alot more balanced and entertaining to fight, aswell as watch. 24v24 at small base's work well, 48+ completely ruins the whole experience of the small base features.
  2. Astriania

The Hossin lattice leads to good fights, even with 300+ a side, because there's enough lanes for that.
  3. TraatAdmiral

Lattice was introduced in GU09, on May 23, 2013. It's been well over a year. So will all of you hex people please just let it go? This argument has been had. It's over. Lattice is here to stay, and everyone is just gonna have to make their peace with that.
  4. khai

Hossin is the only map actually designed for lattices, the lattice works there very well. Indar has been heavily modified and is now okay thought when they first switch you had some weird links and some missing ones that confused a lot of people. The other two that basically applied the lattices to what was there with almost no changes to anything and there is a good reason why their population dropped so fast so suddenly even while indar stayed relatively constant.
  5. khai

I refuse
  6. Paragon Exile

Correlation-causation fallacy.
  7. TheBand1t

Make the bases actually not terrible? Make less of them but make them bigger/more accomodating to at least a platoon or two of people?

I'm not forced into a zerg in the current lattice system either, there's still plenty to do without having to follow the lemmings
  8. Phyr

Esamir "worked" kinda, because it had half as many bases as the other 2, so it naturally had less places to go.
  9. Lamat

Still this?

Pre lattice was a lame ghost capping nightmare. Fights are spread across the coninents now, I never want to go back to that old crap system. That system is worse for over-popped factions who can afford to spread out.
  10. iccle

Hex was a ghost capping nightmare where large groups of troops ran circles around each other ghost capping rather than fighting.

Higbys reason for lattice coming in can be found here.
  11. khai

define not terrible? My main problem with your solution is that it is to simply make all the bases bigger for two reasons. It limits options what if I want to play only with my outfit and we can only field a squad or two. The perfect size for the small bases which you dislike so much. The second is that I feel the problem is not that the bases are too small but badly designed from a defensive or even offensive standpoint where fun is involved. I agree many of the base designs are awful but that is a result of complaints about vehicle spam being "solved" by adding 10' walls everywhere giving no proper outer defenses blocking sight lines and making shotguns and LA ambushes the rule for most attacks, followed by a spawn camp because they have also limited egress points from most spawn rooms to limit spawn room warriors. Your solution is to limit gameplay to only that which you enjoy and or approve. Congratulations you have found the perfect way to make this game disappear faster.

As for not being forced into the zerg I have found 2 things that happen when I am not in the zerg. One no one opposes and its a ghost cap. I see more ghost capping now then before because before you had to try to do it now if no one is on the lattice line you don't really have a choice but to continue until you run into someone. But as you said ghost capping is no fun and I avoid it so I go looking for fights and there is always a zerg at the fight the reason is #2. 2. you run into opposition but now there is a fight and they get reinforcement and you get reinforcements since there is only at most 2 or 3 fights on the map you get 1/3rd of players looking for a fight and suddenly usually within 1/2 an hour you're leading a zerg. So you have the choice join a fight in progress (read zerg), ghost cap until you run into a fight and start a zerg. Or of course you can sit around waiting for a zerg to find you but thats never been much fun either.

I still see no point in the lattice you have done nothing to dissuade me and your solution to the problem does not address the cause and limits options not expand them. Our experiences with the systems are obviously different. And if you remember my suggestion was to change back one map on Esimir. I would also be open to the hybrid solution kicked around a couple of times and think it would work well on Amerish
  12. ProfessorHobbes

There are still people complaining about lattice, really?

I think at this point there really isn't any point in complaining about it anymore, seeing as they aren't going to revert it back. I'm not sure why you think it was better. Dispersing the attackers and creating ghost capping is not fun. Also, you and everyone else who hates the lattice always make it sound as if with the hex system that zergs were never a problem and every fight was won with superior tactics. People still zerged, except the zergs ghost capped around each other, and the fights were still won with superior numbers as they always have.

The lattice system is also not a straight line, there are multiple times where the lattice links branch off. It is not that difficult to use tactics and flanking to win a fight, I do it all the time. If you are following all the lemmings in the zerg you are doing it wrong. Use some intelligence when you approach a fight.
    • Up x 1
  13. Rift23

Without Lattice, NC would never win alerts, and since they're the poster boys, we need it. Seriously, I remember when Vanu held Indar on Matherson for a straight month because the smurfs didn't have their pop funnels.