Trick for certs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by krokolop, Aug 8, 2014.

1. krokolop

Is there a quick way to get certs?
    Im not good player, I know I can play as medic, but it doesnt give me a lot of them.
  2. Chipay

Pay money.

Get a xp boost/membership
    • Up x 1
  3. DrPapaPenguin

You can always flaunt your wallet and buy membership and boosts, but aside from that... Just play medic better I guess. Or find a team that dies more :p
    • Up x 1
  4. Nexus545

Certs can be gained by doing pretty much everything. The better you are at something the more certs you will get. If you want to advance quickly it's best to find what you're good at as you'll probably get the most that way to begin with.

If you like Medic it's great for beginners. It has pretty balanced primary weapons and reviving people is nice XP.
  5. RHINO_Mk.II

Find biofarm.

Park 200m scout radar ESF in garage.

Go AFK.
    • Up x 4
  6. Nexus545

I may have to try this lol
    • Up x 1
  7. M4gn1

As a medic go somewhere where a lot of people are dying and revive them. You will swim in certs in no time. Basicly how I got 90% of my certs. Counting back my score as a medic(score per minute - kills - marge for the basecaps etc) I have over 20.000 revives in the 4 months I have been playing this game :)
  8. JesNC

Infiltrator with Motion Spotter has the same effect and is cheaper to aquire cert-/resourcewise. ;)
  9. Runner Coyote

Certs are for good gamers. Get good or pay.
  10. St0mpy

It doesnt give you a lot because youve not bothered to spend any certs on your medical applicator tool.

You have 148 certs now, thats enough to upgrade it 3 pips (cost 80 certs) increasing its range by 1.5M and increasing its revive speed 30% ... then save up another 32 certs and upgrade it 1 pip more for +15% & +0.5M more and thatll do you till you get a clue about the rest of the cert trees.
  11. MrNumnut

I play alot, but i'm only playing for a week yet, i earn over 1.000 certs a day, with ease.
    Could double it, if the game didn't make me rage quit due to bugs. (I often reach rank 10 daily score, f2p)

The trick is to ALWAYS have a sunderer up, with AMS support upgrade.

Deploy it at a crouwded fight like Bio lab, watch it generate over 100 certs a hour.
    And that is just the sunderer, in the meanwhile you get even more certs by playing engineer or medic.

A good AMS sunderer, while engineer supporting your squad, should grant you a score of 25.000 a hour, if you do it right.
  12. Abraham with Cheese

What.

Seriously, 25,000 certs in an hour? Jeez, what have I been doing wrong all this time?
  13. MrNumnut

25.000 EXP buddy, certs... LOL
  14. darbue

Put certs into engineer repair gun and find inactive bases you own and repair the turrets, it'll give you ribbons and you have low risk of death, it's what I did as a new player. You could also get the AV engineer turret and go to enemy bases with no activity and take down their turrets (This also creates repair points for others to capture Huzzah!)
  15. RobotNinja

You made it to BR55 and it looks like you spend more time dead than alive, giving free points to the enemy so I don't think your "Certs are for good gamers." argument holds water.
    • Up x 1
  16. krokolop

A few days ago I simply found sunderer and I was getting many xp despite this, it wasnt mine, I could drive it and it was mine, but i didnt buy it.
    • Up x 1
  17. MrNumnut

The original owner has disconnected from the game then.
    If i put my sunderer open for others to use, it shall grant me the exp, not them.
  18. irewolf

Similar to this is, Sundies in certain bases. Amp stations are decent if there isn't a massive zerg coming. Also, things like driving a fully certed ammo/repair sundie around armor zergs. When I first started playing, I would occasionally repair all the turrets after capping a base if there wasn't a decent fight going. Again, free XP. More importantly, cert into what gets you certs. When I started, I certed into my sundie. When I made a new character and had game experience, I certed up my infil/max and MBT, then I just farmed.

Once you get enough certs into certain vehicles, you can get free certs off just knwoing how certain battles are going to go every day, because that's just what the zerg/people will do. That in truth, is how you get good at the game.
  19. Alizona

Play engineer and repair turrets for 40+ days (that's approx. 1000 total hours of play). You'll probably be right around BR86, because that's what I did. There aren't any shortcuts, you have to put your time in. My way isn't the best way... but it's also not the worst way. Think "The Tortoise and the Hare" fable... well I'm the turtle. :)

Other helpful tips: Make sure you play every day and at least do one thing - get all five of the daily ribbon bonuses. Before I was a member, that earned me 40 certs per day. After becoming a member, it gives me 60 certs per day. That's with no base captures or kills, just repairing turrets until I hit the fifth ribbon... then I go play, go fight, whatever I'm in the mood for. I try to earn 100 certs each day (takes me about one hour as a member), which is 3000 certs per month or 36,000 certs in one year. That should get ya goin with some of the good stuff!
  20. krokolop

I think a good way to get many certs is meeting with a person from other faction then hacking the console with vehicles mutually.