Before and After seeing the final directive tier

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DJPenguin, Aug 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iridar51

Think you should request an option to melee your enemies to death with Lasher :)
  2. DFDelta

Instead of having us kill other light assaults it should have been a combined number of medics/engies.

Because you know...
    Why you should reward a highly mobile flanker class for killing enemy support classes should not exactly be rocket science.
    • Up x 1
  3. SeanFree

Good old SOE having no freaking clue how to make LA a more prevalent class. I'm working my way through tier 3 right now which isn't too bad, but seeing that 800 LA kills really hurts. That's an excessive number of a class that most of the player base doesn't bother with because they have no idea how to play it effectively with no crutch such as a shield.

Maybe if they had actually given the class a tool, we could have had rewards based on that. I've always felt LA's should have gotten the motion detection that infil's have since they're both about getting behind enemy lines and scouting/harassing.
    • Up x 1
  4. JesusVoxel

Good bye teamwork. It's funny how already people that would normaly play in outfit operations are not interesested as they "need to farm kills to achieve stuff". Welcome to the farmside 2.
    • Up x 2
  5. NinjaTurtle

And the issue is?

The rewards are supposed to be prestigious and as a result not easy to get, would have been a pointless system if you could get them overnight. The rewards have no impact on the game and are from what I understand supposed to be for those that excel at that class

I think this is the foum just being the forum, living up to it's reputation of making a deal out of nothing
  6. sucoon

perhaps, you should look at the directives for the true white camo. points defended, captured, etc. there you need to kill deployed vms sunderer. good luck!
    • Up x 2
  7. DJPenguin

i'm not even upset over it fool
  8. TheKhopesh

You think you've got it rough.
    I'm going for pistols and the Exceptional weapons.

This is gonna take a while (Even though I've already Auraxed one pistol and two Exceptionals).

On the Exceptional weapons, I think you should get double credit.
    Credit in the exceptional weapon tab, and credit for whatever class of weapon it is.
    (IE, If I Auraxium the Platinum Commissioner, I should get credit for it in the Exceptional tab and the Sidearms tab.)

They're weapons that absolutely cannot be acquired without paying SC to purchase, and they're usually difficult weapons to Auraxium. Weapons like pistols and ESRL's), so they should allow you to count it for both categories that they fall under.
  9. FateJH

You know, with the way this thread is going, we're lucky SOE didn't re-introduce the concept of unique kill requirements.
    I was actually hoping they did.
  10. FieldMarshall

That feel when you first realise all your hard earned directives reset to 0 at the next tier.
    Except some of them because why not its SOE.
    And ofc weapon directives are easier to get than some of the other obscure ones, because hey. Unique weapons should be easier to get than cosmetics.
  11. Halo572

Good luck with that, from what I could tell last night lock on is broken at least for fighters.
  12. Captain Kid

haha that is why they hid those requirements in-game. To sucker you in before you hit that wall.
  13. Zica96

The weapons aren't even that worth it, and i dont even care about the camo so f.ck it
  14. Inex

No it wouldn't. Which is probably why they put vehicle kills in there: C4 delivery is one of the only black and white LA skills. Trying to figure out when you've flanked somebody from above would mean painting 'LA only killzone' borders all over Auraxis to be able to tell the difference between the verticality of "tree kill" and "Biolab air pad kill" and "spawned beacon dropped on a roof kill".

Not so bad really - there are hover-Gals everywhere.
  15. Boildown

I see you didn't get keyed for Vex Thal during the Luclin expansion.

Oh wait, I forgot, Everquest grinds used to put WoW grinds to shame. This is a Smedley game after all. We should expect and embrace this. The harder it is, the more exclusive the company when you get there.

Edit: Btw, where can I find out what the Medic one is? I'm still working on the Gold level. And I suppose before I mock I should check out the one I plan to finish....
    • Up x 1
  16. Noktaj

Well, why not talking about medics then.
    LA is a fairly played class. Try kill 800 medics as a medic.

This call for a facepalm.
    [IMG]
  17. NoctD

Stop loathing it - its actually a rather nice gun when you get the hang of it. My favorite amongst the 3 HA faction special weapons. Don't try to always just blind spam it though, you won't get very far relying on just its AOE.
  18. miraculousmouse

sguess ill be whipping out my lockon
  19. miraculousmouse

Also do you guys know if kills with the jackhammer actually count towards heavy assault kills? because there is a seperate thing for jackhammer.
  20. Pacster3

Directives are currently hyped but I hope that people will soon get a more healthy approach to it:
    Play like you played your class before and you will sooner or later get the kills needed. If you don't like a class or playstyle then what do you want that directive for(I for example dislike shotguns cause they have nothing to do with skill...so what do I want with an auraxium shotgun?)?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.