Directives...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by andy_m, Aug 4, 2014.

1. andy_m

I've not paid much attention to Directives, as per usual (didn't with Implants either).

So, what are peeps going to do now? Are you going to simply carry on playing the game as before, as a team, doing what is required of you to the better of your team/squad? Directives with then be achieved as a lower priority as and when goals are met.

Or are you going to start saying, "no, can't do that at the moment because I need to complete this Directive."

Just wondering...
  2. Bape

Anything you do will earn you a directive so nothing will change just more aggressive players and farming.
  3. DJPenguin

Now that we'll finally have actual goals with substance i imagine I'll be revolving my decisions around completing directives.
  4. andy_m

I've just read the Directives Guide.

The Medals and Ribbons Directives are "retroactive" so any eanred so far will go towards those Directives. So that should be interesting, to see what Directives I may have already achieved.

There are only a few that I will achieve in my normal every day play. I do not fly or drive for instance, so they are out for me.

Personally, I'm just going to see how this pans out. I doubt if I will be going out of my way to use a particular weapon or class in order to complete a Directive.

But that's just me. I suppose it gives more things for peeps to do in the game, on top of earning Certs, Medals and Ribbons. And capturing bases and stuff of course...
  5. Bhudda V1

going to carry on like nothing happened because ironically my directive was to araxium everything and that has become way cooler now that i get some guns and some armors but have to be honest i don't think it's going to change much for me, now the resource revamp THAT's going to change how i play.
  6. Astealoth

Thankfully with the retroactive directives being awarded, a very large margin of the player base will be boosted ahead to max level in the directives that would require selfish play.
  7. Iridar51

The essence of directives:
    [IMG]
    Personally, I'll probably try hard my *** out off Light Assault directives. Then, knowing myself, I'll be probably be seduced by one of shiny rewards for other directives, and go for that.
    • Up x 3
  8. DrPapaPenguin

I'll see if the rewards/requirements are worth going for, if yes then Im giving them a spin.
  9. FieldMarshall

Awesome. Decimator reward looks cool.
    Now to RL primary aurax all the launchers...

Sorry man, have to use you as a shield so i can killsteal whoever you are fighting for my Medic savior Directive, because its the only one left after the other ones were so easy.
    Dont worry. Ill chain-revive you if you die in the crossfire, over and over. My revive Directive is almost done.
  10. starlinvf

It'll just be farming for the first month. Then people will either complain about the requirements, the reward weapons being too good, or simply pick up and leave.

Carrot on stick only works when people think its attainable.... and the rewards are not incremental enough to keep people with low attention spans going. Then all the "end game" complainers will come out of the wood work.
  11. andy_m

Well, now that I have had a look at the Directives, most of them are not attainable by me. Just do not have the time or the inclination.

The retroactive directives didn't add up to much for me.

And my 4000+ kills with my Longshot gives me nothing at all.

I'll be leaving Directives alone...
  12. Thardus

I'm pretty sure the directive reward weapons are just normal weapons with flashy looks and effects.
  13. Bankrotas

Not fully. Carbines are actually better than default ones. LMGs are gimped and suck (all 3 of them). Most of auraxium variants are default weapons with access to attachments, that are not obtainable on starter guns.
  14. Bankrotas

Isn't that essence of modern gaming?

Sad that liking to play a game is not so common :/ I like LA, so I'll get Aurax armor for that, because Directives offer me stuff for doing what I like, same way I'll get C4 ARX and maybe some other things, but I don't think I'll go for something Infiltrator offers, because, I don't like playing infil at all, same wth engie (it's my pilot class, not a go to infantry class).
  15. andy_m

A good point I guess... I should have another look and see if there is at least one, or even two directives that fit in with my main play style.
  16. Thardus

I dunno, the Betelgeuse sounds pretty awesome. IIRC 50% larger clip than the Orion, but larger cone of fire. Orion is always running out of bullets, and is best used at very close range. Seems pretty good to me.
  17. Bankrotas

General reaction is pretty negative about those actually...
  18. Vikingo

Well since your like Infiltrating you have the Sniper, Infiltrator and Force recon directives to do :)
  19. andy_m

Yes, indeed :)

I was looking at them last night (only while logging in for my Certs... Still haven't had a chance to get onto the game proper since the patch :rolleyes: ) and I remember thinking that, especially for the tier three and four, that it's going to take that long to complete that I'm better off not even concentrating on them. My SPM is pretty "average" at best and it would drop like a stone once I started to think, "now then... I need to get some more kills with my SAS-R..."

I tend to jump around a lot, depending on what is going on at a particular base. For example, my default role is Infil, but if there is air buzzing around the place I'll pull my Burster MAX. That's why I'm thinking that I won't put much effort into Directives, but every now and then I'll check where I am up to and if I'm within spitting distance of completing one I'll give it a go...