[Suggestion] MAX should trigger tank mine

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VonStalin, Aug 6, 2014.

1. VonStalin

Max should trigger tank mine and die.
    • Up x 3
  2. noidea

lol no, I can see the insane abuse from here.
  3. Casterbridge

I would love this, but oh the tears.
  4. r4zor

The only potential abuse is that mines can be placed indoors.
    Again a point that PS1 did better, because the game denied placing mines (setting off to both infantry/max and vehicles) indoors :D
  5. Axehilt

Wouldn't be enough to balance MAXes.

The ideal balance is more like: It's fine for MAXes to soft-counter many loadouts* as long as several loadouts soft-counter MAXes. Soft-counter doesn't imply "he beats me but after enough respawns I get him." It implies "I usually win fights against MAXes with this loadout" (and for balance reasons it would also imply that loadout makes you usually lose fights against several other classes.)

(*Many games use a simple class-based counter system, but it's a lot more interesting for the counter system to be loadout-based instead, so that each loadout is strong against certain classes and weak against others. This means you can always play your favorite class, but no one loadout will make you strong against all opponents and you'll rely on teammates to offset your weaknesses.)
  6. sucoon

the question is, what triggers the tank mine? the wight, the metal?

a flash trigger a tank mine, does it have mor wight or metal as a max?

wouldn't it be also nice if you can lock on maxes and turrets, i would like it
  7. Rift23

Set a tank mine on top of a an AI mine, AI is the trigger, tank mine is the booster charge. Before SOE changed spawn rooms to kill deployable stuff, #CantPatchStupid, I used to set my Lemming Traps this way, near always got at least one MAX who wanted to run in as the base flipped and grab some extra kills.
    • Up x 1