Patch and Game Issues

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sgt J, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Sgt J

Here are my system specs in case they are needed
    i7 4800MQ 2.70ghz (3.70ghz turbo)
    Geforce 840m driver version 337.88
    8gb ddr3 ram @1600mhz
    playing on high settings at 1280x768
    connection quality good and ping of 60-90 ms

Heres a list of problems ive found so far
    • lots of stuttering especially below 40fps after this patch
    • regeneration fields drop frame rate by 5fps or more
    • characters go through walls and floors sometimes
    • frame rate seems to have dropped in general after this patch
    • client startup and loading times have increased after this patch

Is anyone else experiencing issues like these and if anyone has suggestions on how to make this better I would appreciate it

Thanks
    • Up x 2
  2. Luke_Nadewalker

Agreed, there is something amiss with the update. i always have a stable and reliable connection to the servers, always < 60ms and GOOD connection. After patch its not much higher, but displays as a bad connection occasionally, yet still within the 60-80ms range. Its not just me either. members of my outfit were also experiencing problems

#-1 Falling through walls and terrain (we never really experienced it that much before this patch, and 3 of us experienced it tonight)
    #-2 Striker launcher failing to reliably get lock. (beeps for a couple of seconds then stops and then restarts)
    #-3 Frame rate drops (just feels more laggy)
    #-4 Members being flung great distances when exiting sunderer and dying as a result
    #-5 Visual glitches caused by vehicles: they look like theyre traveling a certain direction and then they disappear and theyre somewhere entirely different. yet players in the same area are un-affected.

finally the big one..... PLEASE PLEASE remove that aweful "press return" screen upon death... we dont want to take our hands off the mouse, (or away from control keys) to press a key miles from their natural playing positions just to get to spawn........
    At least put it back like it was.... not only is it stupid, it is ineffective . It cant even detect a spawn beacon as a better option (which may or may not be the case) or spawn in a squad galaxy, but no it just want to put you at the spawn point or sunderer of its choosing, whether or not its relevent or you wanted to be there..... several times i was given the option of spawning at "sunderer" only to spawn there and find its not my sunderer (despite mine still being available) and im the complete oposite side of the compound then i wanted to be.
    Players dont want to be railroaded into spawning somewhere. We use the death time to study the map and see where we are needed, how many enemys are where, look at where our squad mates are, and plan what we want to do. I do realise that if i press escape i can revert back to the map, but we simply shouldn't have to jump through hoops just to get there. put it back to the "press any key" screen you had.

Please fix this absurdity.
    • Up x 2
  3. Terralass

Hy there,

Specs:
    FX 6300 OC 4.0Ghz
    6gb ddr3 ram @1333mhz
    GTX 650 1Gb GDDR5 (1280x768)
    Recent drivers and stuff...
    Connection is OK, same 50-100ish

Just as Sgt J posted before, i have some of the issues just like him, but here are some fresh ones:
    - frame rate problems increased generally
    - C4 explodes sometimes right on deploy, in the air (wihtout any action or trigger)
    - C4 sticks to the air
    - /say and /yell not working (am I missing some settings?)
    - ammo, repair...etc. requests have about 10 minutes delay
    - death screen / redeploy screen casually freezes sometimes
    And the most funny:
    - sometimes bullets, projectiles are ineffective...I mean....they can't hit the target, nothing happens when I face-to face shoot at an ally or enemy

Thats it.

Thx-bai!
  4. McgeeLacroix

G2A rockets are bugged I think. I am having similar issues with G2A locks.
  5. Sgt J

I also noticed it was difficult to lock on to aircraft (I was using an asp 30 grounder). Besides that I forgot to mention that the death screen and the login screen froze up for me too. I've also had issues where the fps just randomly drops and stays low for a while. I bet everyone's saying this but in general I would like it if the devs could make this game more stable and make it work well on systems other than the most elite gaming rigs. (Even then people with extreme rigs have issues). I mean you have to have a 4 or higher ghz processor and a high end gfx card (eg: gtx 570)to get even ok performance. Well just got my fingers crossed that this will be fixed soon. On the goodside I now somehow have over 1000 cert points :)
    • Up x 1
  6. Cinnamon

I'm using an i5-3570K @ 3.4Ghz and am seeing a loss of about 10 frames in larger fights compared to what I normally get.

Other than that weapons just seem to be missing way too much although things seem fine in VR. Like something is seriously messed up with hit boxes/hit reg when moving or moving is weird.
    • Up x 1
  7. TRick Shot

Some nice touches to the update, but unfortunately for me it is crashier than Crashy McCrash of the Clan McCrash. Despite the usual validation of gaming assets and deleting useroptions.ini, I still CTD (you have been disconnected from the server) three times in a two hour session. Worst its been for a while for me.

This was not just me either. On Woodman at approx. 9:30pm GMT, we were almost continent locked on Amerish. (TR that is.)
    We fought back though, and swept across the south of the continent in a westward direction. It was a pretty big zerg, but the resistance from the Barneys was still strong. A very enjoyable fight with at least 100 on each side. But then….CTD.
    By the time I got back in and back to that location, it was deserted. It seems everyone got dumped off.

I also noticed some clipping of my character into the terrain whenever I used the quick spawn on nearest sunderer.
  8. PanzerPia

I noticed those bugs too

But also i noticed that the friendlist the list of weapons and the chainging of continents
    For the list of weapons..you just See the weapons you already bought!

But after 10-15 min you can see all again but if you want to change continent then.. Doesnt work!
    When you play on the continent you are on then and clicked for example VR before.. The game move you there suddenly, no matter if u have a vehicle or something and sometimes it also crash then.

And all in all the time when you want to do something and when the game do it is big different.
    I mean click for another continent and move after 10 min is really hard!
  9. PanzerPia

...chainging of continets doesnt work right!
    (Forgot the last)
  10. Zhakathoom

At least make the quickrespawn button, where it says "press return now", clickable with the mouse so that it would have the same functionality as if I pressed return.

- Z
  11. Zhakathoom

It was like this before the patch too, and in my opinion this should be SOE's number one priority to fix.

- Z
  12. Bacardie

At least you were able to spawn somewhere.. I didn't get a choice at all.. Have to use Ctrl-Alt-Del for task manager to exit game or hit " I " and gamble where I get dropped at.

13. nitram1000

Spec in my sig.

Frame rate drop in general and just feels 'stuttery' overall.

DCarey should be replaced already.
  14. HadesR

Loss of FPS in large fights .. Used to be a steady 40 ish now it drops to 20
    Stuttering
    Render range issues that now include enemy vehicles de-rendering at less than 200m
    General lag spikes
  15. freespace303

NULL REDEPLOY FIX...

I tried changing/deleting the said files above and it didn't work. Tried verifying cache, didn't work.

So I deleted the game, used CCleaner to get rid of all the registry junk, and proceeded to redownload the entire game again. Boom, it worked! Crazy that you have to do that, but i'm just glad it works again.

Original post with pictures and video describing the null deploy bug...

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/press-null-to-deploy.196535/
  16. Luke_Nadewalker

ridiculous death screen is still here..........come on pull your finger out sony!!

most importantly, tonight , MULTIPLE times upon exiting a sunderer, i get flung a couple of hundred meters as if i used a jump pad.....
  17. Sgt J

Started ps2 and saw a patch downloading and I really hoped that the devs had got their stuff together. Well as soon as I started playing I found out I was wrong. EVERYTHING LAGS!! From the GUI to graphics during gameplay. Seriously everything. Have to keep fps above 50 to avoid stuttering and hit detection sucks. Can't hit things nearly as well as I could before. Like I shoot and bullets don't hit half of the time. Audio sounds weird (distorted?) sometimes. Come on devs let's start making the game playable instead of merging servers.
  18. JCorp

19. Luke_Nadewalker

PlanetSide 2 Forums - Error
    You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

hahahahahahaha.... why did i expect the forums to work right too?
  20. Luke_Nadewalker

After todays mini patch, FPS seems to be back up......

however, after 20-30 mins, im getting "BAD CONNECTION" and logged out and CTD.

STRIKER rockets still refuse to lock onto light aircraft with any reliability. they lock on fine to ground vehicles, and liberators and galaxys fine........ they are simply useless on sythes and reavers