ns-11p doesn't count?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by The Funk, Aug 5, 2014.

1. The Funk

So I unlocked the ns-11p summer reward as my fifth assault rifle in anticipation of directives. Now I see it's not on the list. Apparently it only qualifies as an "exceptional" weapon. So now I've got to unlock the ns-11a and use the same gun for another 1100ish kills? Pretty lame.
  2. Unsp0kn

I unlocked mine with the code and have been using it since. You shouldn't have to unlock the NS-11A to use the P variant...
  3. sucoon

so it is for all -Platinum weapons NS11-CP, NS-15MP, Underboss, Comissioner,...
  4. The Funk

Yeah. Pretty lame.
  5. Unsp0kn

I don't get what you guys mean then.
  6. The Funk

In the weapons category of the new directives system, the ns-11p assault rifle apparently is not an assault rifle. This seems to be the case with all "p" variants.
  7. Unsp0kn

Ah ok, for some reason I thought you meant you couldn't use it.
  8. Tommyp2006

They're talking about the directive system. The P weapons fall under the exceptional category, and not their usual weapon categories.
  9. Unsp0kn

Directives, right. I'm kinda behind the curve lol. Sounds like I have some learning to do later tonight.
  10. Klypto

There's a special reward for special weapons and I didn't participate in the test the past half a month or read the forums or reddit to know what was coming and now I'm surprised by a feature that I closed my eyes and shut my ears to and believed something different in my own little world. "That's lame"
  11. deep470

Dude, you need to calculate your sig again ;-P
  12. The Funk

None of that is my responsibility as a player. And you are correct, an assault rifle not counting as an assault rifle in the "assault rifle" weapons category is lame. Shouldn't need any pre-live player feedback to know that.
  13. Klypto

I update it like once a week or so, sometimes I don't bother. There's a few people that keep passing me on a few of the pistol leaderboards after a week but I crush them in less than a day, so I don't always change the number when I'm going to change it right back.

I also thought djcoldhat was banned so I stopped on that one, didn't notice his account was released.
  14. KillSwitchWes

It is because the "Platinum" versions of weapons are considered a promotional item and all of those are in the "Exceptional" category.
  15. The Funk

I get that. Doesn't make it good design.