[Suggestion] Ability to change gender

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Glykool, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Glykool

I would like to put forth an idea to the developers concerning the ability to change a characters gender. I know this is a minor concern, but for some, including me this is important. How about a "gender change token" 500 SC? i could see myself paying for it. Since i don't like the idea of deleting my current character and loose 800+ certs and cert paid weapons i have unlocked. Only to change the gender, so in this case i have to stick with my current character.
    I se no downside of this implementation to the players nor the devs.

I was directed here by the customer support service so that i could post this here, according to the customer service the developers of Planetside 2 likes to get feedback so here it is.

Thanks!
  2. starlinvf

800 certs is literally nothing. You should be around BR 19...... Thats what? A week, week and halfs worth of game play?
  3. DevDevBooday

A week and a half? More like 3 days.

Just start again.
  4. Colt556

Or just don't bother changing your character, I mean if you wanted to change your name that's one thing but seriously, why would you care about your gender in this game? When actually running around and playing you can't even tell the gender of someone. I mean hell, SOE had to add a special idle animation for female characters to make them stand out. You can't see your character, nobody else around you can tell whether you're male or female unless you kill them and even then they only know your gender by the way your character stands on that little screen. Boggles my mind how anyone could possibly care about something like this. They could outright remove genders and outside of the voice nobody would even notice.
    • Up x 1
  5. Glykool

Guys. I have 800 certs pluss weapons that i have unlocked via previous certs! we are talking an additional 2000 to 3000 certs (Not sure what all the attatchments and armor upgrades costs. but i have pretty much maxed my HA.

In any case, Maybe i could start over, but thats not the issue. Im simply saying that it could be beneficial for both customer and Developers to implement this feture of changing gender. Why shouldnt there be a gender change option?
  6. Ken Photon

With all due respect, I would much rather see some server change token implemented before this. Like others have said, the gender of your character isn't really important because the genders don't stand out that much anyway.
  7. Glykool

And Colt556, would you suffer if there were and option in the store to pay to change character look and gender? Im not here to argue about why some people care for cosmetics. Just hoping someone on the dev team notice this and add it to the store.

Thanks
  8. nubery

I would suffer if they put that **** in over server transfer, respec, faction change.
  9. DorianOmega

They should add a "Character Re-haul" micro transaction purchased with SC while in game, lets you move your character to a new server, lets you change your character's name, and lets you choose a different gender or race; gender and race alone is a bit too specific and IMO wouldn't be worth the money or certs.
    • Up x 1
  10. Colt556

As Nub said, we'd all suffer because them implementing this rather pointless feature takes away time that they could be adding things that actually matter. I think everyone, except you and maybe like the two guys standing in the corner over there, would prefer a server transfer token over a gender change token. There are a variety of things that should, and need, to be done before something as unnecessary as this gets done. I mean the game's been bleeding players since launch and we're down to practically one server per region now and it still feels empty outside of prime time, devs have far more important things to do then waste their time allowing you to change your standing animation.