How to please both sides of Nosegun v Coyotes/A2Am

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AirborneCarrot, Aug 2, 2014.

1. AirborneCarrot

How does increasing the muzzle velocity of all six empire specific A2A noseguns for ESFs sound? In addition, the TTK for the a2a noseguns can be reduced as well to further punish pilots who run AI noseguns in combination with coyotes/a2am in terms of a2a capability.
  2. DrHous3

How about.... no.
  3. Dinapuff

Velocity won't help here at all.

nuff said.
    • Up x 1
  4. AirborneCarrot

care to explain why?
  5. DorianOmega

Personally Id rather see the coyotes and Hyena require maintaining a lock on of some kind but not the same way tomcats do, like aiming for the lock on, but then have that lock stay active for 5 seconds or longer afterwords without needing to manually maintain the lock as you need to with tomcats while then needing to properly lead shots for the coyotes to lock on, something that requires a little bit more skill to use then slightly leading your shot for auto aim rockets to do the rest while utilizing the fastest reload speed of all ESF secondaries.
    • Up x 1
  6. TheBand1t

That's how it used to be.

You had to maintain the lock on a target with the first iteration of Coyotes on test server, which was fine. They had a very fast lockon time but it was easy to shake if you were paying attention, giving a very back and forth gameplay mechanic (good) since they were dodgable.

As far as the OP goes, the noseguns really don't need any more changes aside from the rotary cannons receiving more ammo.
  7. Frosty The Pyro

When I talk to the good pilots I am generaly told that for the top of the air game (aka the realy good) nosegun+afterburners beats nosegun+cyotes. when your just good its a tossup, and at average or below coyotes win, when you are ****y, coyotes can win alone.
  8. Thurwell

Consensus in previous threads on coyotes is usually get rid of the ghost reload mechanic in ESFs and they're probably fine. Tomcats are trickier, probably lower the damage and make flares less pathetic.
  9. Xiad

I've never understood the idea of removing the ghost reload between weapons. That would surely solve the problem of them being too effective...in the same way you treat a broken finger by cutting the hand off. Balancing aiming and firing the nosegun, big leading swings (or up close blind shots) with Coyotes AND trying to dodge all at the same time was something I found entertaining about the setup in a dogfight, regardless of whether it is OP or not. Switching mouse wheel up/down to weapon slots 1/2 made it a very fluid process. The effectiveness of the missiles themselves needs to be adjusted, rather than taking away part of what might make them tricky to handle when they AREN'T so extremely versatile in a dogfight. There's another thread much like this one floating about the front page at the moment. Those who aren't already terribly bored of this unending debate should check it out.