Armistice, MKV Suppressed, or Jaguar?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by IberianHusky, Jul 29, 2014.

1. IberianHusky

So I've been thinking about getting either the Armistice or MKV Suppressed, but I'm nut sure which I should buy. I have been testing them in the PTS and I'm loving the MKV with ex mags and SPA, but I'm wondering if the Jaguar that I currently use with a suppressor, adv laser sight, and SPA would be better? The Armistice seems okay, but I'm unsure if I should be using ex mags or a laser sight?
  2. breeje

we need to now the play style u like to help u choose the best weapon

the Armistce is a GOD weapon up close and i mean nose to nose.
    u will need the the ex mag not the laser
    i only use it in CQC

the MKV did OK for me from close to mid range but i like other weapons more
    i was happy to get it to auraxium so i could put it in the closet

the Jaguar is 4 me the best of the three
    for CQC, close and mid range

try playing without the suppressor, most of the time u will not need it
    u will have faster kills out of all weapons
  3. Iridar51

For LA - Jaguar hands down. SMGs don't work too good for us, and in general. If you're gonna use SMGs, might as well play Infiltrator, but that's for another subforum.
  4. Duban

Yes, this. Close range carbines are just better than SMGs. Although I'm more partial to the Lynx over the Jaguar.
  5. Moz

If you want a mid range SMG i would suggest trying the NS7-PDW.
  6. cruczi

Lynx has higher DPS and better moving accuracy but it's less mobile and has less damage per mag. It's largely preference which you use. But for Lynx I'd always recommend ALS over forward grip - you want to minimize the number of situations where you have to ADS because you'll be moving very slowly when doing so. For Jaguar, ALS is fine but the forward grip is worth considering because the higher mobility when ADS'ing should be taken advantage of as much as possible.
    • Up x 1
  7. Xervous

The NS7 is basically a carbine for infiltrators... just use a carbine dammit!
    • Up x 2
  8. reydelchicken

Actually, I've been changing opinion on smgs very very quickly based on my shenanigans in PTS.

Give the MKV a try with your optics of choice, extended mags, and soft point ammo.
    Good hipfire, fairly accurate ADS and well balanced gun in general.
  9. starlinvf

The problem is the MVK (and SMGs in general) lack consistency beyond CQC. This is important to consider on LAs because being able to switch between Perching, CQC, pot shots, or suppressive fire, on the fly is monumentally beneficial to what the jet pack affords you.

The Lynx lacks the same mobility as the Jaguar, but it has the DPS and reach to make up for it. So in the hands of more practice LA, either the Lynx or Jaguar will net you incredible results.
  10. IberianHusky

I used the Armistice a lot on the PTS and got a good feel for it. I ended up getting one on the live servers after I auraximated my Jaguar. Overall, I'm finding the Armistice to be stupidly easy to use. Literally all I have to do is get the drop on someone in and spray n pray and its a guaranteed kill. Even on those pesky shielded Orion-wielding Heavy Assaults. My Jaguar was geared for CQC with ALS, SPA, and a suppressor, so it doesn't have much more range than the Armistice. The vast majority of my encounters are CQC. I have a tendency to flank, dodge bullets, and generally avoid mid-long ranged encounters when I play LA. I'm finding the Armistice just suits me better in my niche than the Jaguar does, and I LOVED the Jaguar. I may try the Lynx when I get the certs for it.