6% ---> G99

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by CHDT65, Jun 21, 2014.

1. CHDT65

... what's happening, for the past two days, very often the game blocks at 6%, with a G99 error.

Am I alone in this case ?
  2. Smagjus

It opens a web page or? What does it say in the url bar?
  3. CHDT65

When the game is launched, it blocks at 6%
    When it closes itself, a SOE "G99" page is opened in the browser.
  4. Akurra

Same here...
    I reinstalled the game, and the same error pops-up.
    Anyone with any solutions?
  5. SourCabby

In my case, adding exceptions to firewall/antivir did not solve this. Disabling them for a time did.
    Trial and error made me to believe antivir (avast) preventing character login and firewall (zonealarm) making planetside quit at 6%.
  6. Amfree

Are you running full screen? I had the 6% g99 error once. I was running full screen, the game had an update and would get to 6% then the error.

What was happening was, because it was full screen, it was preventing the firewall confirmation (planetside 2 is trying to access the internet. Allow or deny) popup thing from showing. I turned PS2 to windows mode and the popups start showing. There is also a firewall popup at 99% as well. Every time there is an update, I have to click "allow" on these popup confirmations or the game will error out. Setting exceptions in the firewall doesn't help (me atleast) since, when the game updates, the firewall (ZoneAlarm) considers it changed program, so it needs confirmation of internet use.

So run PS2 in windows mode and watch for firewall confirmation popups. Might be whats happening to you if your running full screen.

Good luck.
  7. Akurra

No luck here. I removed comodo firewall... run windowed... still it crashes at 6%.
  8. TSR-SeanF Customer Service

In order to possibly resolve this issue I would like you to try the following:

1. Click the Start button in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen.

2. On the Start Menu, click within the search box and in the field type "run" without the quotations (or for previous versions of Windows click the "Run" option).

3. In the box which pops up type in "cmd" without the quotation marks.

4. A command prompt will now appear. In this window type in "ipconfig /flushdns" with no quotes. Once it says successful, reboot your machine and try accessing the game once again.

In the case that your issue persists you will need to try resetting your system's Winsock settings. To do this, re-open the command prompt windows using steps 1 - 3 listed above and type in the command "netsh winsock reset" with no quotes. Once it says successful, reboot your machine and try accessing the game once again.
  9. Akurra

Thansk for answering Sean. I've found my solution: router firewall settings.
  10. CHDT65

For me, it's sometimes Zonealarm which blocks the game at 6%, but not always !
  11. Clay

I have the same issue with crashing at 6%. It happend after the little update today.
  12. Serlo

Having this issue. Seems to be Avast! all of the sudden. Adding exclusion doesn't help I have to shut it off completely for the game to run.