Farm spam tools and force multipliers are destroying the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Surmise, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Krayus_Korianis

The forums are destroying the game... There, I stated it!
    • Up x 8
  2. starlinvf

not sure if serious or not..... because tank superiority is already a bonus.
    • Up x 1
  3. CrashB111

Oh wow, we are complaining the Banshee is OP now?

And I can't believe we are still ******** about Tanks killing Infantry, the things are nerfed to hell and back and basically shoot wiffle balls out of their cannons now.
    • Up x 3
  4. Icedude94

This is already in the game. Getting like 2000 xp for each tank kill is already enough incentive.

Thumbs down for guy who has never used a tank specifically to kill other vehicles supporting a thread that nerfs AI weapons that are weak against vehicles.

5. ronjahn

People would actually have to get in a tank and kill a few tanks before they knew that.

Don't you understand that the people on this force multiplier bandwagon are just gravitating to the smell of the blood of a failed publicity stunt to get what they want out of the game/from the devs?

I have zero sympathy for those br1s got farmed. Poorly planned event with a predictable result.

If SOE wanted this to be more successful they could have reached out to many of the bigger outfits on the server who probably would have been more than willing to take these players under their wing for the night, lead their platoon, and get them away from being farmed(a huge part of any platoon leaders job)

Instead they had Angry Joe with his minimal playtime and leadership experience, leading a Zerg of br1s as they smashed their heads against a brick wall.

There's a reason that everyone who is new to this game is given the suggestions of "joining an outfit" or "start by playing support until you get a feel for the game" ect.
    • Up x 3
  6. ronjahn

If SOE removes all of those weapons, you will have more people who quit then will come to the game.

There aren't some magical 1000s of players lined up out there waiting for these weapons to be removed or some feature to be added . What we do have is 1000s of players who do use these weapons and would feel slighted if taken away from the game.

If SOE wants more players they need to market better. No amount of nerfs, buffs, or weapon removals will fix the problem of a poor marketing strategy.
  7. WTSherman

Honestly, the gunner kill share probably boosts my EXP income more than the tank superiority bonus ever did. :D Shoot at the same target as my gunner/driver (since it applies to both seats), which ever one of us gets the kill we both get kill/kill share plus ~50% assist/assist share.

And of course this only works against vehicles because infantry don't absorb enough damage to trigger both.

PS to all the people I see driving solo Prowlers/Vanguards/Magriders around: you can nearly double your EXP income by picking up a gunner even if he's a bit of a rookie.
  8. Captain Kid

call me crazy but why not just make it so vehicles can not camp or shell the spawnrooms. By making them underground with multiple exits (with a clear outside view!). (or even better don't let vehicles spam inside bases period)
    • Up x 1
  9. Latrodectus

I think you mean Reddit is destroying the game, because we know damn well that they're not reading the official forums.
  10. Icedude94

Then how are you supposed to use vehicles to kill all the enemy infantry camping the spawn room so defenders can get out?

#mindblowing
  11. MadMelon

That's a.......HORRIBLE suggestion not the suggestion itself but the idea behind it.

Yeah they may be the best "farm" tools in game but if u are honest experienced players never get farmed. (I get rarely killed by these weapons and I'm far from the best.)
    So from my point of view the given tools to kill infantry are not the problem. The problem is the lack of possibilities for inexperienced players to counter farming. The game has to educate the players in a way that they are able to solve problems on their own. u shouldn't feel helpless as infantry but u should have to fear vehicles.

Currently it works something like that:
    -experienced infantry players laugh at vehicles cause they have a huge arsenal to deal with them and they can coordinate with others and know when a fight is lost.( in these situations your problem is the overpopulation not the vehicle weapons used)
    -inexperienced players gets farmed cause they have not enough certs to buy the right counters. Also they are not able to use the given tools effectively. Additionally they don't know how to react when they get outpopped. (Redeploying, grab a vehicle)
    -vehicles have no role in this game besides killing other vehicles or infantry. Usually u don't need vehicles (except for sundys) to cap a base. And u can only farm if the base is already lost or u have a good spot.
    But maybe the Devs will listen to this **** and will make vehicles absolutely unable to harm infantry. And then they will take everything that is ohk out of the game since it's unfair. Then we will take class abilitys out cause they give a unfair advantage in combat and what not.

It's not that these infantry farming weapons have to exist but it's a horrible idea to take a weapon out of the game just because people are to dumb to react correctly to this weapon.

I'm waiting for the day tanks will be able to only shoot marshmallows and infantry will rule everything. Every weapon is easy to use and there won't be anything left to master. The game will be so accessable that every player can use everything while has not to fear anything, but they won't feel good because they won't be able to play much better than anyone else.
    (So pls no don't take challenge out of the game. It's not great to farm but somehow a game has to punish bad players to make them rethink their play styles and invent strategies to overcome their problems.)
    • Up x 1
  12. vilehydra

Shows how much I know :p

Don't drive tanks much, I stick to battlesundies and harassers. But when I do hop in and manage to kill a tank I never noticed the tank superiority bonus, mah bad :p just tossing ideas out there.
  13. Scr1nRusher

Forumside OP.
    • Up x 2
  14. Pikachu

You forgot to mention that farming problems would go away if we had ps1mines, ps1 ams, ps1 motion detectors and spitfires.
    • Up x 1
  15. Tuco

The spawn camping problem, the constant population imbalance everywhere problem, and monotonous gameplay that comes with it, would be drastically mitigated if we had the PS1 AMS, PS1 mines, PS1 spitfires, PS1 motion detectors.
  16. NinjaTurtle

Magazine reduction is all it's getting right? Unless I've missed some notes.

That is a minimal nerf if you can even call it that. It still does stupid amounts of damage, splash, has no drop and good velocity. The PPA will still be easy to use and spamable
  17. Pikachu

:D

About banshee and PPA, I love it when there is zero colleration between the time point of weapon changes and the time point of complaints about the weapons in question. :rolleyes: "Lets all call this weapon overpowered even though it has not changed in ages and we have not had any issues with it for just as long time."
    • Up x 2
  18. LT_Latency

I think they should be toned down a bit. This tools are TOO good in the hands of good players and they can farm like crazy.

I have been using a tool that shows the KDR of people I kill and people that kill me. I was surprised how many people have below a KDR of 1 have very very high . I thought it would be around 1/2 and 1/2 while a few people ones.
    That is phase one, If it still does too much they said AoE will be next
  19. Icedude94

Even in the hands of high BR players, it's rare I let myself get repeatedly killed by those things. Teamwork is OP against most things.

Example:

• Up x 1
  20. Leftconsin

Why don't you just go full tilt and advocate the removal of vehicles?

AND once the resource revamp shows up you'll be seeing a lot less of everything that uses resources. So be patient. You are in fact getting your way.
    • Up x 3