Quick Spawning

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by tost, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Frigidman

I absolutely detest the 'new' spawn system. It also just grabs the nearest location to where you died, without any regard to where I originally spawned too. So many times people are putting useless sunderers in the area just to get spawn credit, yet it puts everyone completely out of the battle (as in the case with the biolab fights).

Not a fan of what they did with it. Not a fan at all.
    • Up x 2
  2. Bad Words

Quickspawning should disable automatically if the spawn will be different than the previous one. Like if a sunder you were at is destroyed.
    • Up x 3
  3. Jace Nevada

It's a neat idea, but it takes away a lot more than it adds to the game I think. Like someone said earlier, it doesn't encourage you to look for a more advantageous spawn, or even look at the map and see if you might be more useful elsewhere. It just encourages players to throw themselves into the same fight until the end of the time.

Also, making auto-respawn trigger on ANY keypress besides ESC is a bad idea. A lot of people like me are going to be pretty confused when they're auto-respawning because they pressed W/A/S/D after dying to try to get back to the map.
    • Up x 2
  4. Pikachu

I keep having tjis illusion that quick spawn is slower. Its probably because looking at the map after a death makes you notice the timeflow less than when you just look at the quick spawn timer.
  5. Bambasti

I don't like the new auto spawn for mainly two reasons:

1. I lose awareness about what's going on the continent and if there is the necessity to defend some different facility quickly I may not react because I'm forced into some kind of tunnel vision (yes, I can press ESC every time but that's awkward).

2. It's not possible to see if some medic is around for a revive so I cannot estimate if it's clever to lay around a bit more or to redeploy immediately.

Simply implement some button (Space is fine) for quick spawning while being on the map. Scrap the current implementation, it just makes things worse in my opinion. Would be great if you make it optional at least, the need to press ESC is uncomfortable.

In Planetside 2 it actually matters a lot where players spawn and so does the timing, sometimes a cleverly placed Sunderer needs to be used and protected immediately. If it cannot be seen it simply won't be used and all tactics is screwed. Replacing choice with some automatic spawn system most players will use takes away depth from the game and provides more mindless grinding I don't like to see.
    • Up x 2
  6. Ivalician

At the very least, change the default keys for toggling quick spawn as spacebar is the button I tend to mash when I get killed.
  7. r1po

Don't like it. I want my map back per default and this quick respawn only if i press a button or some by me defined key.
    • Up x 1
  8. \m/SLAYER\m/

auto-spawn at sundy, where enemy camping under... bad idea
  9. Benwah

Another thing I noticed. If you die as a max, you will respawn as a max if resources allow. You should respawn as a light assault, then be able to choose whether to pull another max or some other class.
    • Up x 2
  10. idkAu

Here are my ideas (and possible repeats of others suggestions I like):

1) Add a small map somewhere, that way I can see if I am still around allies who can possibly revive. Maybe put the Map and Achievements side by side in the screen?

2) Add directive status to the achievement tab, highlight a new feature and make players curious of directive progress

3) We have the ability to make various loadouts for our Infantry, why not give the ability to select different loadouts in the death screen.

Ex. Die as a light assault, select my Medic Loadout 3 (which is my close-combat loadout) without leaving the deathscreen

4) List more than 1 available nearby spawnpoint, similar to the list in the top left of the map screen. The selection should only be spawn points that are near the player's death point (say if there are multiple sunderers at a base, and 1-2 nearby owned bases). Maybe have the map zoom to this spawn point when selected?

5) Make the Timer bar stand out. This is not crucial at all, but more for players to notice, especially new players, the small size and dark teal don't stand out much on the page
  11. ThePropain

12. Crayv

That is some good news.
  13. Stonemaster

I don't like this system, it makes the game too fast and now all the distances from spawn points will have to be adjusted. I also don't like that people respawn before my res grenades go off. It would be nice to have something in place for auto spawning at your last spawn point but the speed has to be less.
  14. qquqq

I don't like auto spawning, into a sundie that I know is being destroyed, this also means people who go afk might just sit and get farmed the loading screens are buggy and unreliable as of right now, If any thing this should be an opt in feature not an opt out feature, as this would make for much more confusing game-play for a casual player, I thought this was just a forced input for the test server till I saw this post, I don't think I would play live if it had this,
    the narrow benefit of not being annoyed by spamming redeploy to no avail does not compensate fr the loss of options, its a detriment to the game, if the timer annoyance is what you wish to avoid why not just make it so you hit redeploy and it deploys you after the timer is finished? this would have virtually the same effect but none of the drawback in this proposed feature,

I'm not sure what this is actually intended to improve!?! get farmed quicker?
  15. NewMarksman

Agreed.

This "auto/quick spawn" mechanic looks less like an improvement, and more like tweaking the game in order to tweak it.

The old system was working - If it ain't broke, then don't fix it.

Adding the ability to auto/quick spawn could be useful on occasion, so adding the ability to do so would be worthwhile.

Maybe add an easily visible "Quick Spawn" button to the normal spawn window, or even the death screen, that requires a positive click to quickly respawn with the same class at the last spawn location.
  16. nubery

This is an awful idea. It's going to be impossible to get pubs to notice sundy spawns, especially if they aren't forced to see their options. People are dumb, and with type of guidance they won't grow and will blindly spawn into the same location without fail.
    • Up x 1
  17. Frigidman

Actually the only thing I saw 'broken' with the live spawning system, was sometimes, despite what I thought I had selected, it decided to throw me to BFE elsewhere upon spawn.

I guess if I want to be really picky, the only other issue was 'its too easy to dismiss the kill screen' on live... where I was unable to see my stats for the run, or who got me, and with what, because I bumped my mouse trigger too much while dying.
  18. Mexiguy

It's nice that they changed the keys to prevent accidental quickspawning, but can you make it so we can skip the death screen with the space bar too again?