Light Assault Strategy Discussion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Heywire56, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Heywire56

This thread is to discuss light assault strategies you guys use to be effective in the battlefield as I need help doing so.
  2. JP_Russell

Best thing you can do is just learn good light assault practices through osmosis by watching footage of good light assault players. Wrel's old video on tower stomping is a good place to start for some specific strategy and gameplay examples.

Also, there is a subforum for each class, so you might want to take a look at topics on the light assault forum (this topic will probably be moved there by a mod in time, actually).
  3. DJPenguin

I got several pieces of highlighted footage of exclusively LA gameplay in the Twitch link in my sig. To be a top shelf LA you first need to learn the maps like the back of your hand for every nook and cranny you're unaware of is an opportunity missed and a flank waiting to happen. Being able to confidently navigate battles while mapping out each tree and rooftop you'll take along your path to a destination that could be 5 minutes away should be your first goal. Everything else concerning tactics more or less falls into place by the time you've nailed that bit down ie. using teammates to draw fire, know when to hit and run etc.

One aspect of the class which i continually see people failing at is restraining themselves from shooting. First quickly assess your situation and calculate how much damage you could pull off in both a short and extended amount of time from your current flanking/concealed position. If you're in a good or volatile spot sometimes it's better to just let some enemies run on by. Single out people who appear to be preoccupied, nail that medic trying to revive. Make your kill believable that the shots came from somewhere other than the place you're at.

If you'd like to learn more about the Penguin Doctrine send me a tell in game when I'm on.
  4. Tommyp2006

Remember that game kids play where "the ground is lava" and you never touch the ground? Ya, that's how I play light assault. Boxes, crates, whatever is fine to stand on, just don't stand on ground level with everyone else who doesn't have jetpacks. You'd be amazed how many people never look up.
    • Up x 1
  5. RHINO_Mk.II

By the time people figure out where you are, you shouldn't be there any more.
    • Up x 2
  6. Iridar51

7. SeanFree

I started watching Vonic stream, I now hold a K/D over 2 for most sessions, sometimes maxing out around 4. His gameplay is like LA wizardry, exploiting latency so you don't have to 1v1 pop f to win heavies. LA is a beastly class once you grab the subtle nuances.
  8. RolandTEC

You just want me to give away my secrets.
  9. STR1D3R109

10. Phyr

When in doubt, silencers or shotguns.
  11. Verviedi

Step one: Buy Serpent VE92.
    Step two: Put a Silencer, foregrip, SPA, and 1x sight on it.
    Step three: Be a sneaky bastard. I destroy spawncamps in small fights completely solo.
  12. uhlan

The game is full of noobs.

The majority of people playing PS2 have crappy (relative) set-ups.

Few people understand latency.

If you aren't subject to these issues, almost NO ONE looks up and farming should be relatively easy.
  13. Heywire56

Yeah, I have seen the Light Assault sub-forum but there is nothing about strategies, and I will take a look at that video when I have a chance, thanks.
  14. Heywire56

Thanks for you tips, I will be watching out for you.
  15. Heywire56

Yeah that is a sure thing, I'm always in a roof and sometimes touching the group to get to a higher place.
  16. Heywire56

Yeah that is why I only shoot to kill.
  17. Heywire56

I have seen this video, thanks you Iridar
  18. Heywire56

Where can I see these Vonic streams? Is he on YouTube?
  19. Heywire56

Give me your secrets!
  20. Heywire56