NC08 MagScatter Balancing

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Zero M0nster, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Zero M0nster

The NC08 Mag Scatter is fine, the only thing though is it gives only NC the ability to do the shot-knife combo while the other factions cant. Please either return the knife damage to what it once was (please!) or remove the ability to shot-knife with the Mag-Scatter. Now NC infils are 3x more powerful than TR and VS infils.
  2. Scr1nRusher

Zero..... you do know/realise that the melee weapon changes update will give everyone a 625 damage Knife?
    • Up x 2
  3. Scr1nRusher

also the gun is so niche....
    • Up x 3
  4. gigastar

In the same way that all shotguns are, no doubt.
  5. YamiNoTenshi

Can't wait to have a shotgun with an underbarrel shotgun and a shotgun sidearm while flying my shotgun reaver...
    • Up x 8
  6. Epicstrat

Lies. Every faction can knife combo with the crossbow.
    • Up x 12
  7. Runegrace

You're a good man.

Once NC have a shotgun with a shotgun attachment, there will be no possible way to have more shotgun. SOE will actually have to think of something else for an NC weapon, unless they go meta and have a shotgun that shoots shotguns. Possibly with an under-barrel shotgun for good measure.
    • Up x 6
  8. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Well, they could allow NC heavies to use a heavy shotgun instead of a rocket launcher, and allow deployable shotgun turrets...
    • Up x 3
  9. RebelRanger

I honestly find the magscatter pretty annoying to use. The chamber time is too long, feels like a pump shotgun that does half the damage. My suggestions: 1. Make the re-chamber time shorter and remove screen jerk when shooting. 2. Give it two shots and make it do the same damage as a pump.
  10. TorigomaSET

Really dude?

This
    • Up x 6
  11. Maljas23

TR player here.

OP, there is nothing wrong with another faction having something over yours. The factions are NOT SYMMETRICAL, and most would like them to stay that way. You argument of "If I can't have it, then nobody can", is not valid here.
    • Up x 10
  12. nehylen

VS player here.

The MagScatter is easily the worst of the three pistols: it's not even useful at 10 meters, and even in its effective 5 meters range, i wish any NC good luck in trying to kill anyone with its very low rate of fire.
    If they're leaving it at that, a MagScatter+knife combo is the least they could offer the people naive enough to buy that thing.
    • Up x 8
  13. Regpuppy

Somewhere, there is a dev reading your post and already writing up plans to prove you wrong.

What have you done? :eek:

inb4 shotgun rocket launcher. So a heavy can have a shotgun with an underbarrel shotgun, with a shotgun pistol, and a shotgun rocket launcher.

This can already be done

Commie headshot + knife or Crossbow (laser sight) + knife
  14. Runegrace

Actually, that's one of the ideas I've had for a Striker re-vamp. Dumbfire all 5 at once with spread for a shotgun effect. Done right I think it'd be pretty awesome. You may be on to something :D
    • Up x 1
  15. Regpuppy

B-b-but, that's NC's. You cannot take that possible concept away from us.

I've already patented it anyway. Just waiting for Genudine Dynamics or Auraxis Firearms Corp. to sign off on the funding, so I can get the prototype done...

Liberty Arsenal banned me from the premises after my last prototype for a shotgun tank cannon leveled half of the complex. The tank shotgun main cannon has potential too.
  16. Runegrace

We already had our ESAV secondaries swapped at birth. You got our rapid-fire rockets while we got your low-accuracy CQC gun. Surely the shotgun faction can spare at least one ridiculous weapon-made-shotgun design.
  17. Carnage

There is also the commissioner knife combo as well, seriously do you just come to the forums to ***** about NC having a ****** weapon be good and effective at 1 thing? how abouts you try and use it for an hour like i just did on test. 3/4ths of your engagements will end with the enemy twitching a half inch and you missing all four shots as they laugh and kill you. **** off
    • Up x 1
  18. Regpuppy

Only if TR are willing to pay a considerable sum of money for it. We are capitalists, after all.
  19. TheKhopesh

Underbarrel shotgun on our magscatter (shotgun pistol), with shotgun breakerpods on our reavers to compliment our airhammer.
    Lastly, underbarrel shotguns on our rocketlaunchers, engie, medic, and recon tools.

Oh, and we could really use an underbarrel airhammer on the vanguard main cannons, and an underbarrel shotgun on the Enforcer.
    ;)

And what self-respecting NC wouldn't have an underbarrel shotgun on their C-4/medkits?
    :cool:
  20. Scr1nRusher

Don't give them ideas :p