Game is dead

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mazdam, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mazdam

So after a looooong break i decided to come back and try Hossing and the new stuff, i always liked PS2 since his launch, but right now is ****** dead.

So i have been logging for 3 days, short amount of time but this day i just logged and after 5minutes i left, it is just stupid how Galaxies have been buffed, seriously? did they need to 2 shoot infantry while being so tanky? we already had enough with liberators.

The main problem is that u cant even defend urself, neither can try to kill a stupid noob abusing this broken Galaxy, u need a lot of fire power from infantry, and servers are empty, at least at nights. So one guy can simply roam around and 2 shoot infantry... while being so tanky and flying, then if things goes wrong he can always jump off and dont take the death..

BROKEN! Hossin is cool, but air gameplay and empty servers kills this game.
    • Up x 2
  2. Colinthetank

Since the Hossin update, it honestly seems like this game has been rejuvenated quite a bit.

A single liberator with tank buster can absolutely demolish a galaxy without any gunners and even if the galaxy has full gunners with a good pilot. Tank buster just does that much damage to armor and honestly you are flying your liberator directly next to a galaxy's bulldog gunner, the rest of the turrets combined won't out damage you. If I see a battle galaxy flying above us that is being destructive, I go get a liberator and kill the galaxy with little to no problems.

I have well over 100 hours of game time on ESF's alone and I can tell you that a galaxy can be tough for a single ESF to take it out or a single ground squad. However, a galaxy is slow and a large target and they get picked on pretty quickly. A galaxy flying too low gets hit by dumb fire rockets (which do a lot), tanks (which really do a lot), and bursters/skyguards.

Of everything that needs to be looked at or fixed in this game, a galaxy is not one of them.
    • Up x 2
  3. JudgeNu

I play this game a lot and never have any trouble with galaxies.

It's a Galaxy.

There is a lot of 2 shotties in game, no?
    It is a Galaxy btw.

Did I mention it IS a Galaxy.

All jokes aside.
    Yes an empty server sucks and yes there are DB's who abuse the game, especially on low-pop times.

However, you posted this while we have 33%all on Hossin, world pop the same. Amerish is 33%all

Esamir TR locked Indar VS locked

So yeah.
    Maybe it is your sleeptime atm and you woke up to post this cuz you couldn't sleep or?
    • Up x 2
  4. Mazdam

I dont care if it is a Galaxy, it is a ****** SOLO player that cant abuse air and own hard infantry with no risk, i can handle easy that ESFs can own infantry, but infantry can 2 shoot em, they can also be killed...

So u need someone to pilot a liberator in order to dozens of players be able to play and have fun in a base?
  5. Scr1nRusher

people are playing PS2.....

What server are you on??????
    • Up x 1
  6. Cinnamon

I feel like there has been more pop and interest recently that previous months but for some reason since hossin the game has not been much fun at all to play. It's a real effort to try to find anything fun to do. Implants are not fun. Hossin base design seems to promote confusion and random deaths which isn't that much fun.
  7. Pikachu

Do you even notice implants?
    • Up x 2
  8. NCDaniel

No no. I'm in a 48+ battle right now.
    • Up x 3
  9. Cinnamon

I notice them I'm not blind to their effects.
  10. Rogueghost

Galaxies were not buffed, people just started using them after the liberator nerf.
    • Up x 2
  11. Scr1nRusher

and now forumside is going to get them(and tanks and rockets) nerfed.

PTS changes no one asked for and wanted SOE pushed onto the PTS, and now its soon to be live.
  12. gigastar

I cant believe people are justifying this thread by replying to it.

Also, the Galaxy is a joke as a combat vehicle. People can pull Skyguards literally everywhere now and Gals are so large and slow that even the worst FPS players can keep hitting it with flak weapons.
    • Up x 3
  13. Jaedrik

The Game is dead.

Long live the Game.
    • Up x 1
  14. dasichri

So what your saying is we need more teammwork and less me me me?

Cause you know, them galaxies wouldn't be a problem if EVERYONE went heavy, and spent 250 certs to get the G2A launchers for like a minute, shoot it down, then switch again, obviously slightly more difficult if your being spawn camped... but, hey, get 10-15 people and itll be pretty damn hard for the galaxy to kill ALL of you before it takes too much damage and has to run for repairs... after which everyone can get ready for its return.... this of course assumes that not everyone clusters together in one little area like noobs so the galaxy can kill you better.

But hey, no one likes to do things that take away from EXACTLY what they want to do at that very moment it seems.
    • Up x 1
  15. Mazdam

Miller, and it was empty, after 30minutes of playing i found a fight of 10 vs 10 that lasted like 5 minutes..
  16. Huxer

Doooooom!!! LOL this game is DEAD (to the op) not because population number but because he got 2 shot by a bulldog galaxy. That sure does end the game for everyone when you get killed by hanging around outside while the sky whales are feeding overhead. It's absolutely poor game mechanics that brought it to this point. No, no it's not your bad decision making , it's the game for sure.
    • Up x 1
  17. Noktaj

You do.
    Combined arms game.

I'm all for infantryside, I rarely spawn any vehicle unless ordered by platoonleaders. But if you want a 12vs12 indoor base FPS there are plenty of alternatives on the market.
    I hate Galaxies and they are OP with bulldogs against infantry, that's the reason why they are nerfing them soon (thanks forumside) but honestly, the whole concept of having vehicles is that you have to suck sometimes if you are a lone guy with a butterknife.
  18. Mazdam

Combined arms game, ok.. i dont care if a Galaxy is strong, but it should be needed 5 guys at least to be so strong, not just a LONE GUY abusing air and 2 shooting everyone, that isnt combined arms game.

Why if a lone guy chooses to go air must be WAY STRONGER than the dozens guys that chooses to run as infantry. If a lone guy goes in an esf u can take it down fast if he gets risks, u can almost kill it with 2 rockets.. it is balanced. Galaxies arent.. galaxys were supposed to TRANSPORT people, needing cover from allied ESFs and Libs, that is a combined arms game, not the ******** we have now.
  19. DG-MOD-04

Please make sure all threads and posts created on the forums are constructive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.