WHERE IS THE EU MERGE?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sushiii, Jul 23, 2014.

1. sushiii

as the title say? where is the eu merge when it will happen?
    is 2 weeks now with no word about it!
  2. Chipay

Not SOE's fault, ServerSmash needs to happen first before SOE can merge the servers
    • Up x 2
  3. Plunutsud pls

Last I heard, the Merger Smashes are due August 2-3 so the merges will come after that.
    • Up x 3
  4. sindz

TBH, serversmashes can suck it. I want to have high populated server more than empty server vs empty server.
    • Up x 2
  5. Noktaj

August.
    Now chill out and wait.
    • Up x 1
  6. trichome

So we have to wait on a dumb merger smash that a tiny portion of the population will play in? Mean while the rest of us that don't bother with that competitive crap are left waiting on empty servers!

Have I got that right????
  7. Noktaj

Yes.
    You're saying you can't wait a couple more weeks for a funny event after we EUs have been playing on almost empty servers for the best part of the year?

You must learn patience in life kiddo.
    • Up x 4
  8. Bankrotas

As a noncompetitive outfit player, who partook in Smashes. I say, suck it yourself.
    • Up x 5
  9. stalkish

I highly doubt its just because we are waiting for server smash. If that was the case surely they could put a placeholder name in until server smash has happened.
    Playing an MMO thats designed for 2000 players per cont with only a handfull of people on some servers is not fun, there should be pop-locked conts with 33v33v33, many 48+ v 48+ battles per cont, you know a 'massive' game.
    I also think it would be unfair to make the majority wait for some event that a minority will forget about in a few weeks time anyways, you cant fault the OP for having this viewpoint even if they havent expressed it how youd like them to.
    But as i said before, i doubt thats the sole reson for delaying the merge, more like the merge is the reason server smash has been scheduled for August, heck we will probably see a delay yet :rolleyes:.
  10. sindz

And as the majority of the server dont care about serversmash, you can suck it aswell - you would still be able to do serversmash on PTS and what not and have 95% of the new server merge be happy.
    • Up x 1
  11. vsae

I dont get the whole fuzz about the merged server name. Who the Higby cares? Cereously, like would it change the way you play? Name it something and merge.
    Competition? You wat m9? What competition on laggy server with unstable ping?

• Up x 1
  12. sushiii

i ag
    i agree who care for the name we want the servers to be full again merge it alredy now!!!!
  13. Dotz0r

No it does not. They can merge whenever they feel like it.
  14. Liam23490

Wish they would just merge it and come up with a new name. Cobres, Cerbolt...
  15. Chipay

They can't have a server without a name
  16. gigastar

Not sure about the "tiny" part. Last i checked more than 200 people from Ceres signed up for the smash with Cobalt.
  17. Wecomeinpeace

Well tbh;

Who the **** cares about the name for the new server? Fighting for a name is ******** anyways as it only will piss off people who then will have to play on a server with a name constantly reminding them of their defeat.

Just name the damn thing "Werner" and get on with it.

I can completely understand everyone being annoyed by the fact they have to continue playing on an empty server for weeks just because SOE decided to host a moronic battle to the death over the server name. IF that's the reason for the delay ofc. If not, enlighten me.