Crash on start up

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by NambawanNinja, Jul 23, 2014.

1. NambawanNinja

Hello,

Like a few others here I just this morning started having the problem of Planetside 2 crashing on start up. I was successfully able to launch fairly late into the night last night, so this problem began at some point in the last 12 hours.

I also just updated steam before the first failed launch, but that may or may not be related.

My DxDiag:
    http://pastebin.com/VkBUW3iU

Any work-around or update would be appreciated.

Thanks
  2. LankyLoon

I had the same issue. I am unsure as to whether what I have done has solved the issue yet. But what I did was open steam and right click on planetside 2 and go into properties. I opened "local files" and clicked on "Verify Integrity of Game Cache". By doing this I found that 3593 files failed to validate. My game is now re-installing because of the failure to validate a number of files and hopefully it will solve my problem as well as yours. :)
  3. NambawanNinja

Good suggestion. I found about 332 files that need to be reacquired. I will report back after it's finished downloading.

These files total 10.3GB, so it does appear to reinstalling most, if not all of the game.
  4. LankyLoon

Same here, mine is also 10.3GB to be reinstalled.
  5. NambawanNinja

I'm sad to say that after redownloading and installing the game, my problem still exists and the game crashes immediately after clicking the "Play" button in the launcher.
  6. deathrowpup

I'm also having the same problem and trying to validate the files now. Will check back if i find a solution, or if you do before me.
  7. ExSangu

I had the same issue. Restarted PC, didn't work. Reinstalled game, didn't work. Validated game files in Steam and the launcpad itself, didn't work. I even undid all the overclocks I had, and this didn't help either.
  8. ilys01

If you have opted in to the steam beta, opt out and restart steam.
    • Up x 2
  9. TheWoodMaker1

Same Problem, happened in last 12 hours
  10. Aidan Sniper

If you use Steam to run Planetside 2 you simply need to fix Steam. In order to do so you have to click Steam>Settings>Change (Under "Beta Participation) then opt out. After doing so you should be asked if you want to restart Steam. This will update Steam then allow you to launch the game.
    • Up x 2
  11. NambawanNinja

This solution does not work for me, as I am not currently participating in the beta.

I have also tried manually starting the "PlanetSide2.exe" file in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\PlanetSide 2" which closes immediately upon starting along with "PlanetSide2_x64.exe" and "PlanetSide2_x86.exe".
  12. OutroCentro

The "opt-out-of-beta" solution did work for me. Thanks!
    • Up x 1
  13. NambawanNinja

Well I'll be damned. I just opted into the beta and updated, then opted out of the beta and updated, and now my game works.

What a relief! Thank you!
  14. Aidan Sniper

Based on your wording I think you may be confused. This includes all beta you may be inadvertently participating in, not for Planetside 2.

If I am just understanding you incorrectly, forgive me, but I have no answer at the moment. Originally, I too was unable to launch the game using the .exe's, this was the only solution. My assumption is that it is because it is still trying to run it through Steam due to its location. I don't really know if this is true, nor if moving the file will work/fix your problem, but it is worth some looking into.