Upcoming ESF resource cost... Still too much for new/struggling pilots.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Owen W., Jul 23, 2014.

1. Owen W.

I don't think new/struggling pilots will enjoy waiting 7 mins every time their aircraft is destroyed before getting a new one. Sure, you can get 2 back to back, but after that, you're just waiting for those resources to come along. To add to that, resources will be used on other things (C4, grenades, other vehicles) EXTENDING the wait time for a new ESF.

I am a struggling pilot myself, and I'm honestly very skeptical about how much ESF cost as far as resources go on PTS.

Hope my concern is well met.

firefalcon124
  2. Yeahy

I know about the revamp but I have been on vacation for a while.
    How much does everything cost?
    I currently have my timer to ~10 minutes and I can usually stay alive for that long.
    To me 2 esf's back to back and then only 7 minutes in-between is a godsend. It is definitely faster than the current system.
    • Up x 1
  3. Sixstring

I think It'll be okay since you'll be constantly gaining nanites now instead of fighting enemy vehicles to gain experience to get the resources to.....fight enemy vehicles. I don't think the resource system is that bad,I think it would be fine if the game itself encouraged people to actually use them instead of crying about vehicle zergs. It should work in a way that almost forces defenders to counter vehicle Zergs with vehicles instead of letting too many infantry be so effective. My problem is that if I had to use a tank to get to the base I'll probably need a MAX to even be effective there if there are so many people,so the new system should really hopefully limit spam while not using huge downtimes as punishment just for trying to use vehicles or MAX's because you need to.
  4. MrJengles

It'll be much better than it was before and that's the important thing.

If the resource cost were really low then destroying ESFs would have almost no meaning. It's difficult to balance the game for everyone, 7 minutes is enough that experienced pilots can't slip up / die too much or they won't keep getting ESFs.
  5. Dornez

[IMG]