Squad spawn on Galaxies needs to go.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Celeris, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Ronin Oni

1 guy pulls Liberator with TB.

Those Gals are all dead in 30 seconds.... including travel time to get the Lib there.

small fight like that and those Gal's won't have the defenses to protect them and a TB kills it with 1 reload.

4 magazines = 2 dead Gals, and ain't **** they can do.
  2. kirinohana

"I'm having a problem with Air"

Forumside: "Well you need more air", "Only air can should counter air, that's reasonable"

What is this a ******* flight simulator, frankly its ******* stupid. Combined arms does not mean only group should rule them all and only one method should be a viable counter. As far as I am concerned as unbalanced as air currently is, the game would be better if it was removed entirely. To all you air elitist, lets make it so only infantry can kill infantry just for you then, with your logic that's reasonable right?
  3. Ronin Oni

If you'll pull your head out your rear and actually read we've actually suggested putting a ceiling limit on Gal Spawning to force gals within AA range to spawn drop.

Also we've suggested giving in flight spawning to be given a significant timer, and giving the gal the ability to land and deploy for normal fast squad respawning.

In the meantime, don't yell at us for offering you an easy answer to the problem. A tankbuster only costs 250 certs and hard counters Galaxies. (or other libs too actually).

Also, the only time that's required is if the enemy squad has someone who will actually sit in a gal at flight ceiling doing absolutely nothing. It's really not all that common, so stop freaking out about it.

Usually a Gal will instead be used with 1-2 gunners and fly lower to be used as air support while also acting as spawn, and in this case you absolutely CAN counter with AA so your argument is moot.
    • Up x 1
  4. Turak

5. CWorth

Have to admit I do like your ideas.

Sounds to me like a very reasonable solution to what some are seeing as a problem and yet still keeps the Gals as they are with no massive nerfs done.
    Which is always a good thing..wish SOE would start thinking outside the box just a bit at other ways to deal with issues than just swinging the nerf hammer over everything in site.
    • Up x 2
  6. Ronin Oni

Thanks, I'll be submitting an application for employment with SOE and will be setting up a online petition to get SOE to hire me... stay tuned for the link (just kidding, I've actually got a decent Job and don't think the wifey would want to move to San Diego either)

Though I would love to work there. My experience could land me a job on the web team, and anyone gets to give their feedback in the meetings and whatnot for design.
  7. UberBonisseur

Ronin logic in action ಠ_ಠ

Problem:
    Galaxies aren't viable because there are too many quick-deployment available

Solution:
    Give Galaxies a quick-deployment option to make them competitive
    • Up x 1
  8. Ronin Oni

Remove quick deployment and you'll remove a large chunk of player base.

Most of the grunts in this game don't want to have to think about the logistics, and if you force them to, they'll just quit.

I'd support an overhaul of the quick-deploy system, but I'm not optimistic of it's overall reception.

It is what it is. Welcome to gaming in 2014.
  9. Ronin Oni

That nerf is coming in the last Wed of this month unless it gets pulled or delayed for some reason.

Personally I'm NOT a fan of the RPG and tank round nerfs and think they're seriously over-catering to Inf only players.
    • Up x 2
  10. Lamat

What if, and I haven't thought it all through yet, you removed spawning from spawn rooms and could only deploy from Sunderers and Galaxies? Would this bring out an increased combined arms element?
    • Up x 1
  11. Zakuak

well..knee jerk reaction from me is
    Hah, that sounds awesome!
  12. LibertyRevolution

If they made it so that gals had to be under 300m to drop troops, I would have no complaint.
    How they are now, I have watched units literally drop in from thin air, only way to know it was a gal was the lack of a drop pod..
  13. Lamat

Make the safe fall from galaxy have a timer of say 2-3 seconds, any longer and splat.
  14. Damingo

Thumbs up for you for being honest. I dig that brother.