Buffing the Lasher. (sigh)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DevDevBooday, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Kalivix

In all fairness they don't need buffs on anything really, MAX is sensational, MBT can side step rockets and climb over walls, ESF is as thin as a piece of paper, guns are focused on being very accurate which is the most important factor in a fps, what would they buff?
    • Up x 1
  2. TheMish

I'm not Terran. I just feel really sorry for the TR because SOE just gives them the **** left over, gives the NC the best anti-armor equipment, and leaves the VS to dominate everything else.

Infact, I've actually quit the game along with a bunch of my friends because it's just a ridiculously bad game now. So I don't really feel loyal to any faction, but I feel sorry for current TR players.
    • Up x 1
  3. DorianOmega

how exactly do TR players get the "*** left over"? this comes off as rather QQ...

Ive all of tested the TR arsenal and have maybe an hour or 2 on my TR character of actual gameplay, only took those 1 or 2 hours to realize the TR have a great feeling and satisfying arsenal, Id even say a better feel then the VS and NC arsenal, and probably currently the most balanced as well, although Id gladly like to b proven wrong on this last point if you can show the data and make a convincing case....
  4. Kalivix

Just... just no, the NC I'd say have pretty awful guns but at least they hit hard, the VS have the best ofc as they have insane accuracy and just feel SO easy to use but the TR guns just don't feel good at all.. they get a nice MAX at least compared to our crappy NC one I guess.

Nothing compares to VS though... I don't know quite what it is but they feel so easy to hit with and switching between targets is so smooth. On my NC it feels quite clunky switching from 1 target to another so if I see more than 1 person most of the time I die, playing as my VS though its just so easy to do I tend to kill 2-3 people in a row easily.
  5. DorianOmega

this in no way makes a case for the TR weapons not feeling good beyond your own objective observations and experiences that could easily be disproven with someone else's objective experiences and observations, like my own that I've already noted. show some data, evidence or give a realistic example if you want to make a case, this isnt doing it :/
  6. DatVanuMan

Still love this game, but I must admit, it's not as unique as I would have liked it to be.
  7. Kalivix

Hmmm true, perhaps it is just for me personally but the VS guns just feel so incredibly easy to use, the TR guns generally feel easier to control BUT I don't like how many bullets you need to spray at everything to bring it down. Basically they have the same problem we have sort of, the NC do high damage but our recoil is so insane its hard to hit, the TR can hit but they do so little damage they need to hit a LOT. The VS.. well they get the lovely inbetween ground so they hit a lot and can afford to miss (not that you do with those easy to use guns).
  8. lawn gnome

i think the jackhammer should gain access to all under barrel mounts to grant it more utility. an underbarrel smoke launcher on a HA could be amazing.
    i regularly see lashers around connery. pretty much every biolab fight has at least 2 or 3 just spamming shots.
    lasher direct hits use the standard rifle hits scale, so no resistance really helps you much against a lasher.
    it's mostly planetside 1 with better graphics and more dumbed down gameplay.
  9. DatVanuMan

Meh, I could see some underbarrel attachments for the JH. Imagine an underbarrel shotgun on a shotgunXD
    That's one of the ways by which it shines; suppressive fire and suitable RoF to sustain the suppression.
    I know that. However, Flak will reduce splash damage by a ton. In the final level of Flak, you have 50% splash damage resistance, which means 75 becomes a pathetic 37.5, and add that to 155 and you only deal 185.5, coupled with its horrible RoF. You don't stand a chance vs. a full Flak engineer to knows how to use an ACX.
    Not only that, but Planetside 1 was absolute s**t. This game is THE BEST game I have ever played, I'm just saying SOE might want to improve gameplay, bugs, and variety in this game instead of making attractive lady gels available for flashlights:/
    • Up x 1
  10. DatVanuMan

The TR and the VS have nearly the EXACT same damage models, such as 143 and 167. Only difference is, because the VS have the most OP trait in the game (No bullet drop. Oh wait, did I just type that? NERF!), we have larger damage drop off despite using plasma. Here's what could be done to improve the guns:
    TR: Increase all RoFs, magazine sizes, and reload times (Not to the point where they're as long as NC weapons), but decrease damage and velocity.
    NC: Increase velocity, decrease drop off (They deal more damage at longer ranges), reduce RoF and slightly improve the recoil.
    VS: Decrease magazine sizes, increase damage models, decrease RoFs, improve accuracy, reload, sway, and recoil. Add two types of ammo: Plasma Enhanced ammo, deals more damage and has much less recoil, but is slightly more inaccurate and has horrible velocity and RoF, and also has no drop off. Players can also choose Laser Particle ammo, which has much higher velocity and accuracy, at the cost of a bit more recoil and slightly less damage. However, drop off is decreased by 50%, meaning it is still effective at longer ranges.
  11. TheMish

The concept is nice, but what they actually did, is horrible. It's pretty one sided, and you don't feel any power behind any weapon. The thing that really got me bored though is the horribly slow roll out of new content. It takes these guys painfully long to get the simplest things done. Companies like Blizzard have entire expansions ready to get before these guys get a new vehicle ready. It's difficult to stay interested for very long.
  12. DatVanuMan

So, what games do you play now?
  13. TheMish

How? The TR have a pretty piss poor rocket launcher, the Striker. The lock is very easy to break, and the way it works allow the target to often hide, only getting a small amount of damage.

The Vulcan is built in such a ridiculously bad way that it makes it near useless for most combat situations in this game. It's too inaccurate, and the only reason miniguns work so well, is due to a 6000+ rpm firing rate. The Vulcan doesn't have that, making it even worse in most situations

The Fractures are a ******* atrocity, I don't know what drunk implemented it into the game, but it's a horrible weapon. The velocity ensures that hitting moving targets is a complete ***** at medium range. And pretty close to impossible at long and very long outside of 1 or 2 hits. Where as the Vortexes can hit with near hundred percent accuracy with little leading, and the Phoenixes can with less, but compensate by hitting very hard.

Lockdown is useless for nearly every single situation you can think of. You can't sit still because c4 is abundant, and if whoever you tried to kill survives, and is a HA. They can use their rocket launcher, pop out and fire a shot and hide quickly. It barely functions on tanks, usually if you're in a spot where your enemy will struggle to hit you, or your flanks are VERY tightly secured

The Mosquito is **** unless you're hunting Liberators and Galaxies. You can't outrun Reavers, they hit you much harder, and you can't take on Scythes thanks to their maneuverability and thin body. While you get stuck with low damage per shot weapons, a fatal problem in air combat, low armor, and unimpressive speed to show for it.

And more...play TR more. It gets exhausting after some time. Just go play them. I made it to br 60 before I couldn't stand this game anymore.
    • Up x 1
  14. TheMish

What like something similar to this? I mean War Thunder is probably the closest.
  15. lawn gnome

companies like blizzard have to do that because they screwed up the initial product and the expansions are life support to save their dieing games.

i used to like blizzard but in recent years they are beginning to look a bit too much like EA for my tastes.
    yo dawg, i heard you like shotguns!

depends on the situation, but my point was that since it relies on 2 different damage types it reduces the effect of both types of resistance. if you look at the other scenario where a person is using nanoweave armor then the lasher has 75 points of damage that just get to ignore that extra resistance. and the flak armor only directly effects that 75 points so most of the lasher's damage remains untouched. but, like i have said several times before (not sure if i have said it in this specific thread or not) the lasher's strength has very little to do with it's killing capacity. in 1v1 the lasher sucks pretty hard, but it is an amazing support weapon allowing you to suppress large groups so that your team can advance.

i like this game too, but realistically it is not very much different from PS1. the differences you do see are simplifications that make the game more attractive to the common herd (ANTs, hacking, inventory, certifications, etc...)
  16. Afeltman

I used it on Vanu one time just trial without any attachments and it's soooo good :) Pls buff :p
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  17. DatVanuMan

That game is SO complicated. I never really understood vehicle games like WoT and such.
  18. DatVanuMan

Yeah, I know what you mean. I hope SOE just starts making the ES traits more distinct, you know? Like at the next ES HA weapon update, the NC get a massive railgun LMG that deals plenty of damage, but has A VERY slow RoF, the VS get a hitscan zen gun that has no recoil nor drop off, and the TR get a mini-gun with a super high RoF, but very little damage.
  19. csp0811

This might be a little out of place, but I find bullet drop in this game to be rather drastic; I use a suppressor on all of my weapons and because of the drop in velocity I need to use the first few rounds to range the fire. This isn't hard by any means, but I find with guns with no vertical acceleration I can kill people much faster and with less bullets at most ranges. Subtle but important to me.
  20. TheMish

Nah I don't think so.

The expansions are a continuation of the story. It lets them get new players, and keep old ones by letting them experience new content.