For anyone having black launcher, crashing launchers, or other connection issues; try this

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Leo Maxwell, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Leo Maxwell

Hello PS2 people. I have been trying to spread this fix around to get as many people online as possible. I have posted this fix in the steam forums already and have gotten thier PS2 running again for the most part. Follow this video tutorial and you should be up and running again soon.

This is specifically for people getting the black launcher error, but could possibly fix other connection errors as well since DNS servers seem to be out of date today which can cause a bunch of problems.

• Up x 4
  2. Razzyman

Fixed it for me. Thank you for the info Leo, the heads up and the video were very helpful, it's very appreciated.
  3. VALEN05

I was getting this same error, just started today. I had thought it was probably DNS related, thank you for compiling all of the new IP's. Putting this in my host file fixed it. You can copy and paste from here:

64.37.171.24 lp.soe.com
    64.37.174.148 lvspsn-liv-l01.planetside2.com
    80.239.178.24 manifest.patch.station.sony.com
    69.174.204.11 forums.station.sony.com
    69.174.202.136 account.station.sony.com
    64.37.171.29 auth.station.sony.com
    64.37.171.22 planetside2.com
    64.37.171.22 www.planetside2.com
  4. Siluria

Tttttttttttttotally awesome! Thank you!
  5. Hypersot

Just wondering why users need to do the technical support instead of SOE? I wonder what is next, writing the game's code ourselves?

thank you OP. That fixed my connection to everything related to planetside since I couldn't even connect to this forum