Launcher error

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by FieldMarshall, Jul 15, 2014.

1. FieldMarshall

I dont know how to describe it so here is a picture. As soon as i start the launcher i get this screen:

[IMG]
  2. Ph4n7om

I have the same error !
  3. D3amonEngineer

Same error on live client and test server client.... what the hell is going on here?
  4. DeltaHaka

I have a similar but different issue. my launcher stops and goes black, if I highlight it I see this:

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  5. Stromberg

6. qquqq

I have this error as well, exact same
  7. qquqq

it is now resolved
  8. hurtl2305

It's not. Modifying your hosts file is just a very dirty fix for the real issue (the expiration of the domain sonyonline.com).
  9. qquqq

actually i didn't change anything and its back again
  10. hurtl2305

It seems that they just fixed the domain issue. There might be some problems for some users for the next 48 hours, but things should slowly return to being normal.
  11. AnimalAbuser

12. ucanobua

it's not big deal just server side DNS convert issue what they have.. just need to change your HOST file at "of course if you use windows process unit" windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts file with like that...

Code:
    64.37.171.24    lp.soe.com
    64.37.174.148  lvspsn-liv-l01.planetside2.com
    80.239.178.24  manifest.patch.station.sony.com
    68.232.45.253  pls.patch.station.sony.com
    69.174.204.11  forums.station.sony.com
    69.174.202.136  account.station.sony.com
    64.37.171.29    auth.station.sony.com
    64.37.171.22    planetside2.com
    64.37.171.22    www.planetside2.com
    c/p these lines to that file and run the game! but of course you have to remember this note; if your service provider has any issue about dns support it won't be useful for you...
  13. hurtl2305

Some people might also have to run cmd.exe and execute the following command after modifying the hosts file:
    Code:
    ipconfig /flushdns

14. ucanobua

ah yea friend you're right, i forgot completly that..

after this hosts file update should run command prompt "cmd.exe" then do it what like mate said.

ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /registerdns

these two entry lines will be useful for your dns refreshment.
  15. jTunes

i cant open or change the host datei?
    i can open this with editor than i c/p this from reddit or here, but it want to save it as text datei?
  16. ucanobua

you can open it with any text editor for instance editplus or notepad.. just open the file then copy and paste it.
  17. volth

Same for me :(
    • Up x 1
  18. MobiusWing

I don't have any problems whatsoever. I got into the game and forums just fine. My friend is unable to get into the game so... *shrug*
  19. MobiusWing

I didn't do anything either. Just started up the launcher, and everything was normal
  20. volth

Thank you hurtl2305 and ucanobua now it works again for me :D