Give us back open continents

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stevenmadcap, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stevenmadcap

Now I have read why plantside are locking continents BUT I want to be able to go where I want to go! If yourt a lover of Esimiar then you should be able to play in that place no matter who's controlling same with Amerish and my fav INDAR. I have reached the top rank and have paid subscription BUT TILL THEY CHANGE THIS soe WILL NOT GET ANOTHER PENNY FROM ME that does not mean say I will not play but I will play LESS frequently, I quite sure othersplaying this since it first started agree on this. SOOR POSTED THIS ON WRONG FORUM LOL
    • Up x 1
  2. Stevenmadcap

Now I have read why plantside are locking continents BUT I want to be able to go where I want to go! If yourt a lover of Esimiar then you should be able to play in that place no matter who's controlling same with Amerish and my fav INDAR. I have reached the top rank and have paid subscription BUT TILL THEY CHANGE THIS soe WILL NOT GET ANOTHER PENNY FROM ME that does not mean say I will not play but I will play LESS frequently, I quite sure others playing this since it first started agree on this.
  3. ironeddie

Why have you posted this whine twice?
    • Up x 2
  4. Bankrotas

Here's a thought. Why don't you take them back?
    • Up x 4
  5. Sworaven

Ain't gonna happen.
  6. MadMelon

everything said. it was never meant to fight everywhere u want to everytime. when i started the game i thought my fraction would have to capture one cont to get to the nextone. i was prepared to fight on the same continent even on the same base over and over as long as we would make progress or would have to retreat.
    and crybabies are upset that they favorite candy is not available 24/7.:rolleyes: and by the way when were u able to fight on esamir before cont. lock?o_O maybe your server has a bigger population but on my server esamir was always empty.( i dont count that few chostcappers)
    • Up x 1
  7. Edenwolf

No, for once in a long while I am able to play on the continents I love with a conciderable amount of action, also there is a new meta forming that this game desperately needs.
    • Up x 6
  8. PraiseTheSpandex

YOU'LL NEVER SEE YOUR PRECIOUS INDAR AGAIN.
    • Up x 10
  9. Heretic

This really is just another example of forumside at its best. One to add to the collection i suppose.

"Theres never a decent battle going on it's too spread out. I hate ghost cappers!!!!"
    ......24 Hours After Patch
    "Why the hell did you put in the lattice system, bye bye tactics!!!!"

"Give is a new vehicle SOE, you haven't released content in ages. Stop making skull masks!!"
    "Who the hell thought the Harasser was a good idea. Its OP as hell and ruins the flow of the game!!!"

"Nerf Liberators!!!! OP!!!!"
    "Why'd you nerf Liberators, they didn't deserve it!!!!! You're not getting another penny SOE!!!"

"Why the hell can't we lock continents, i've been waiting for this since beta. Get off your **** SOE!!!!!"
    "Why the can't i go play Indarside! screw you SOE another step backwards!!!!!!!"

And we all know how its going to play out....

"Wheres the resource revamp you promised!!!! The current one is terrible!!!! I NEED METAGAME"
    "WHY THE HELL YOU CHANGE RESOURCES!!! I NO CAN FARM ANYMORE!!!!!"
    • Up x 15
  10. DJStacy

The current form is just the first iteration, continental lattice is the final product. And to be honest it keeps things fresher :)
    • Up x 1
  11. Gleerok

Correction:

"Why can't Indarside be unlocked?"

Enjoy the full game.
    • Up x 5
  12. Goldmonk

There are good and bad aspects of continent locking. It really eliminates (or at least the idea is to eliminate) ghost cappers. Before the update, there could be an alert on Indar and I would watch one faction's entire pop head over to Esamir because they know they would lose. I really got annoying at times because if I was running my outfit in the alert, we were grinding out every last inch we could get. But we never had any help because most platoons would be ghostcapping for the certs. This forces players to use tactics and balance your pop. Don't want to lose Indar? Get off Hossin and help out.
    Now the negative side of the argument, it does get annoying to have your options limited. I'm glad this patch came after the Mattherson-Waterson merge because VS would own everything on Mattherson. When a faction has more pop, naturally they will be able to hold more territory. Fortunately, I think SOE countered this by unlocking everything after either two continents are taken by one faction or a continent is taken by an opposing faction. Anyway, there is always a positive and negative side to each patch. Try focusing on the positive, makes the experience alot better.;)

Goldmonk
    17th Assault Regiment
  13. Kevin49704

I honestly have a hard time believing anyones favorite continent is ever locked long enough to actually be worthy of a post about it. Maybe the other servers are different but on Connery between alerts and normal capping the locked continent seems to change every hour or so.
    • Up x 3
  14. Darkwulf

LOL this line is so fing funny. I just picture him stomping his feet with one little tear rolling down his cheek. :)
    • Up x 4
  15. Stormsinger

Without bringing my own bias into the argument...

Since cont locking was implemented I have seen:
    More ghost capping with entire platoons, usually trying to lock / unlock somewhere else
    More 2-4 platoon v 2-4 platoon encounters.

On emerald, there seems to be much less middle ground then there used to be, and I frequently log in after work, only to discover the continent I wanted to play on was locked. If an alert has happened recently, or if nowhere else is close to locking... I typically log off and do something else. PS1 cont lock mechanics worked as well as they did due to the sheer number of continents available - in PS2, it just feels haphazard and random.
    • Up x 2
  16. Goldmonk

I feel SOE's reaction to this tread is going to be similar to that GIF of Woody Harreleson from Zombieland. That one where he wipes his tears with the money. Higby and Radar will be crying with Benjamin tonight.:p
    • Up x 1
  17. libbmaster

I'm saving this.

It summarizes what I have been thinking for so long, so elegantly.
    • Up x 2
  18. Eyeklops

"and my fav INDAR"

Sorry, I stopped reading right there.
    • Up x 1
  19. libbmaster

He posted the original in the test forum.

For reasons unknown to me, the mods moved to general... instead of deleting it.

And now...

[IMG]
  20. ata98

yea please remove it , indar is very good map for tanks battles it fits with prowler rule , Sorry i didn't like hossin
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.