You should be able to get resources for getting exp

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Llamar, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Llamar

With the resource revamp, you're not going to be able to get resources for getting exp like you used to. What this does is reward a player jumping around the warp gate as much resources as a guy constantly fighting on the front lines. That's not fair.

Just give people resources for getting exp for revives, kills, repairs, etc.
  2. Nepau

Here is the counter point. If you have People getting extra resources for doing things that grant XP, then it is extremely difficult to balance resource costs for items. It can also have an effect on item usage, (both positive and negative) in that people would use items that would give them the highest return of resources over not.

Also if your saying only give resources for these battle actions you run into the issues of resource starvation if your lower poped/ getting zerged. If they let that happen it would be horrible as it would mean if your on the back foot it is a negative feedback cycle (cant get resources to win, cant win without resources).

In all honestly having a More stable resource income rate will allow for better balancing of items using Resource as a Limiter compared to having a system that allows people to get Spikes of resources. Sure they can go hide in the warpgate to get resources, but how is that any different then people warping to a different continent to get them now? If the rate is a Steady amount there there is really no benifit to hide in the warp gate beyond not getting killed, which is no different then hiding in a spawn room.
    • Up x 4
  3. DeadliestMoon

No that'll just promote farming.
    • Up x 3
  4. UnDeaD_CyBorG

So grenade spam can sustain itself?
    Needless to say, I agree that the new system vastly reduces the amount of Items you can use, right now it's next to impossible to run out of explosives in a Biolab fight.
    I guess they will find some way to balance it.
    Back when servers were full, idling at the warpgates was a nuisance and stopped actual players from joining, nowadays I don't think it will be that bad. And yeah, people will idle at the warpgate.
    • Up x 1
  5. Llamar

Because people wouldn't farm otherwise, right?
  6. DeadliestMoon

They would, but why make it easier or incentivize it?
    • Up x 1
  7. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Now, now, it wouldn't be made easier. Just more rewarding. (I remain neutral on the point)
  8. Llamar

Because it wouldn't change the way people play, except maybe some of the people that sit at warp gate.
  9. DeadliestMoon

Just because it won't immediately or drastically change the way people play doesn't mean you should openly allow for their way of play if it's hurting the game or not intended.
    • Up x 2
  10. Malorn

We axed that because in the end it hurts newer players and made the system unnecessarily more complex. If we had it, we'd have to balance the costs around passive income + expected/average active income, and newer players would be on the low end of that spectrum due to getting less active income. So we simplified and balanced it around the passive income so its fair for everyone.
    • Up x 7
  11. gigastar

Since youre here and ive not seen any official word on the subject (not that ive been looking) what (if anything) is going to happen to resource boosts after the revamp?
  12. Malorn

Nothing. We aren't changing anything about resource boosts with the revamp. They will work the same as they have since launch.
    • Up x 3
  13. Scr1nRusher

will continent bonuses be changed for the new system? If they are, how so?
  14. Shadestorm

Why not just give newer players a "New player bonus XP/Resource booster" for signing up? Even if it lasts 1 month, it would give them a taste of what it's like to have a boost as well as maybe give them a one-time reduced SC cost to extend it when it runs out. I for one would be more inclined to buy one, and also mention that this, plus a subscription bonus can benefit them further.

We all want our friends to join PS2, so you might as well help us to convert them from the lesser FPS titles. Most of my friends I try to bring to PS2 are Xbox players of CoD or BF. They might have a new PC but don't really bother checking if their new Win 8 i7 desktop can run PC games or not. If you gave them incentives as new players then they might just stick around! :D
  15. DeadliestMoon

There's already the boost they give out from the questionnaire. What more do you want?

Also, they'll be able to play this on the PS4 when they convert from their Xboxs.
  16. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Well, at least we have an official statement.
    Though, in my experience, the longer you play, the more resources you burn through as Infantry; You know how to find more battles, and you have more options on how to spend those resources.
    New players for example have no C4, Medkits, and pulling a MAX is futile. (Again, just playing devils advocate here)
    • Up x 1
  17. Pathogenic

I really don't see how you can think it's fair to axe XP generation because of what it would do to balance and still keep resource generation as a membership perk. I get that you probably don't want to upset paying customers or lose revenue, but at some point you guys have to consider gameplay over the bottom line to get the bottom line up over time. The feeling that you don't is a large reason as to why I haven't given money to PS2 nor do I play much anymore.

So much greatness and potential, and then you guys do nonsensical BS like this. Think your crap through, ffs.
  18. Shadowomega

Why not just simplify the resources down to one call it NTU and bases are fueled by it, IE planetside 1 style. A Bases with out NTU can still be spawned at but spawn times at those bases are doubled or even tripled, items that took resources before can not be supplied. Sundies could have have this applied to them as well to encourage a supply line.
  19. Pantong

I like the idea, this( fully implemented not just phase one) I fell will make small well disciplined squads a fighting chance against a larger zerg. And simplicity is very nice as well.

Now all I hope for now is a redeploy system like what wrel said, Making redeploy cost resources based how far away you are trying to redeploy. Making the interlink facility reduce redeploy Costs redeploy. And ANTs. Please

But there might be a larger advantage in the resource boosted players in a small squad to be overpowering to a larger squad
  20. DeadliestMoon

Stop trying to turn this into PS1, that game died for a reason and people already don't like continent locking.