[Suggestion] Flash should be free

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VonStalin, Jul 11, 2014.

1. VonStalin

Flash should be free if no weapon mounted and ~20% faster by default.
    Just saying...
  2. cruczi

3. VonStalin

because my faction owns 2 bases on Hossin and I have ~0 recourses all the time (no income). I am forced to use instant action all the time which does not deploy me where I would like to be deployed. Annoying, just closed the game mainly because of that. Not fun. Running simulator.
  4. W1GGER

Not free, but hella cheaper, like around 20 - 50 V resources.

Also, add in some ******* useless mopeds and golfcarts, for easter eggs
    • Up x 2
  5. ironeddie

A free no weapons, no cloak flash. Just as a means to get from a to b wouldn't be a bad thing or harm the game. Although it would be a risky way to travel.
    • Up x 1
  6. VonStalin

and it need to be a bit faster.. also new vehicle "air flash" would be nice addition too.
  7. CARunner

Not free, just cheaper in Resources and that's it.
  8. cruczi

They should just replace the horrid quad bike with a floating vehicle. For VS it would be a maglev bike with strafing, while NC and TR would get a higher acceleration / speed but non-strafeable jet propulsion bike or something like that.

Or just copy the quad bike physics from Far Cry 3.
    • Up x 1
  9. Sixstring

If they made an air flash or "hover flash" then nobody would use the regular flash unless it didn't have any weapons or couldn't cloak or whatever,plus there would be all sorts of problems that come with a vehicle like that like people gliding across fields C-4ing everything or worse.
  10. ironeddie

I don't see why it needs to be faster. It's not a slow vehicle as it stands.
  11. VonStalin

defiance has really good physics for quad
  12. VonStalin

not hover, like ESF. Except no guns, cheap and not strong. Why would use old flash? Because of different recourses and price could be different.
  13. NC supporter

I'm pretty sure copying those physics will get SOE into a fight with a bigger company called Ubisoft. Also they said they would push out the Valkyrie this summer and we see no valkyrie, so your bikes will have to wait and take around 3 years tops.
  14. NC supporter

There will be suicide flashes for days in Auraxis.
    • Up x 1
  15. TheKhopesh

With the resource consolidation just around the corner, they should simply cost 60-90 "nanites" instead of the huge cost they are currently on PTS (I think they cost a whopping 180 right now, which is ridiculous for a one-time-use scooter you're just going to toss the second you're done with it anyway).

And when was the last time you got stomped a flash's main gun?
    (Don't answer that, you'll only be embarrassing yourself!)
  16. Kevin49704

The simple solution I see is make base price really cheap and upgrades increase the resource cost. I think they should do this for all vehicles though.
  17. Demigan

The Flash needs to be cheaper. Additionally you could have certain bases have a small parking lot with free flashes for the taking, respawn in 5 minutes after destruction. This way you can hop on and drive somewhere quickly.

I also think an air flash wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Give it 3 seats (pilot and 2 rumble, no MAXes allowed on this rumble) and slow speed (80-120 km/h), and ofcourse a very low armor. If you become a vulnerable unit in the air, easily seen and heard, such a vehicle would become food for ESF if it flies high, flying low it would become food for small arms fire and tanks secondaries. You can use it to quickly get to your destination but that's about it. Make it cost more than the flash and with the future resource system you'll be weighing the advantages and disadvantages of this vehicle.
    perhaps instead of rumble seats make it passenger seats, to prevent aerial mining/C4ring.

Yours sincerely,
    Demigan.