Performance has gone back to terrible.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Scorch Draken, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Scorch Draken

Sony, I have no idea what you are doing, but you have absolutely destroyed the optimization updates you did last year. You put off Hossin for over a year because of these optimization updates, but now the performance is just as bad or even worse then they were before those updates. Earlier this year, around April, I was having 20 FPS, now, in the same situations, I'm getting 1-5 FPS. Also, do NOT tell me that it's my computer being the issue, because I have played the game on this computer since Beta. I have tried everything today to increase my performance, turning off background programs, increasing the game's priority in my OS, cleaning viruses off of the hard drive, using the Razor Game Booster (only turns off un-needed programs in the background), and using the lowest graphics possible in the game. Yet none of this has fixed the issue.

SOE, you need to make an update or updates in the very near future to fix these issues! IF you don't, you will surely lose paying customers. I have payed plenty, so I feel I deserve to get what I payed for, being updates to fix problems with the game.
    • Up x 6
  2. Bambasti

It may well be the merge that makes your performance drop. Emerald is really crowded and that puts a lot of load on the CPU.
  3. Kwyjibo_CO

You normally play at 20 fps? That would be awful.

I'm not noticing a lower frate, in fact, the game seems to run better all around since the 64 bit client. But I did get some annoying stuttering on Indar earlier. Not sure what that was about.
  4. Scorch Draken

Perhaps, have you been having any performance dropping on the server?
  5. Scorch Draken

Well, what is your server? (TRying to figure out if the Emerald merge may be it)
  6. Darkwulf

I play on Connery and I agree performance has dropped severely since this last patch. I desync more and have over 200 ping living in California on a west coast server.

I also use a AMD CPU so I suspect that is a big part of my issue because my wife's i7 does not have any problems and we share a connection on one router.
  7. XenoScifi

I to have been having performance issues since Hossin and the server merge. I play on Emerald and since Hossin have had long to medium range render problems. The thing is players are not rendering from long range, but their projectiles are. Sniper bullets, rockets, etc all render with no player.

Since yesterday's patch players within medium distance are just appearing and other are just disappearing. I am still getting killed by stray bullets with no player behind them.

Up until this point I've not had this issue.
  8. BorkaBonum

For my the performance has been complete trash since the March 13 update and kept getting worse since. With the Hossin update I'm done, it's just too ****e performance. The problem isn't being any hardware bottlenecks, my CPU nor my GPU is getting maxed - which they were close to doing right after the optimization update by last Fall.

The FPS counter shows high frame-rates, around 80-110, but the percieved performance is more in line of 25-35 - the game is skipping frames like mad and certain areas in the game suffers from causing major input lag. It's a disgrace.
  9. Kwyjibo_CO

Connery. Played for hours yesterday and no more stuttering. Not sure what was going on, but it made me crash an ESF and fall off a tower :confused:
    • Up x 1
  10. day ofm one

I ahve been playing games on 3-10 fps (including planetside2) for 1 year until I got a new computer.

It works if you get used to it.

But those random frame drops....
  11. ironeddie

My fps is awful on hossin. Lower than on any other continent.
  12. Scorch Draken

WEll, that depends what AMD it is exactly. It might not have equal performance as the i7. You should check the Ghz speed for each to tell which is faster between them.
  13. Scorch Draken

skipping frame rates sounds more of 1-10 FPS. I know this, because I run around 20-25 before the latest updates, and now run 1-5 FPS.
  14. MikeC0bretti

Playing Hossin on Miller, I did not notice any change in fps. Are you a proud owner of Intel or AMD ? :]
  15. Akela

The game is horrible broken now...

Tanks - 3 weeks, they still don't know their left from their right...
    Fix it!
  16. Scorch Draken

For Chipset, processor, or graphics card?
  17. Noktaj

This.
    Before last update I usually had around 60 (limited) to 50 fps.
    I was dropping to 40ish in very crowded fights. I play a mixed setup of ultra/high settings with the occasional low (shadows, flora etc).

Now I'm on 50 fps when lucky and sometimes I drop around 30 even in small fights (12vs12 / 24-24) and I hit the 20ish in very big fights :O
    Last patch screwed something up.

Playing on a
    i7@2600 3.4ghz
    8gb ram
    win 7 professional
    NVidia geforce gtx670 with latest drivers.

Framerate has gone to crap again. Please SOE fix it back.

EDIT: forgot to mention, i'm playing on woodman (semi-deserted server) so this has nothing to do with server merges
  18. TheOrisT_X

Yea definitely, I was running a constant over 100 fps in ultra before this patch.
    Im on emerald and doesnt matter which it is, my NC or TR, its ultra ****** framerate.
    Specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 Deneb Black @ 3.9ghzOC
    32gb ram
    Windows 8.1 64bit
    ATI R9 290X OC

So yea, going from that average to a MAXIMUM of 55 fps is atrocious. and the popping is awful too.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOE FIX THIS! Im getting sick and tired of Warframe.
  19. Tailzor

Oh my god
  20. Scorch Draken

I hope they've or are going to do optimization updates (I haven't looked just yet)